What's new

The Iraqi Armed Forces

Afghanis never had an army....as for the taliban... they use hit and run tactics.... also i dont think any army can stand against the USM... Although i agree tht most of these weapons are useless.... and how could the iraqis forget what the bloody americans did to them...

You gotta put up a Fight. If primitive talibans can fight, iraqi army could have with a will but there was no will, I am in sync that iraqis could not do major but there should have been a fight in the past 12 Years by iraqi army not civilians who actually fought. Had there be an active fight to stop US from robbing whatever was/is in iraq. Just by looking at the F-16 purchase I can tell how dull decision makers are if not all decisions.

You gotta put up a Fight. If primitive talibans can fight, iraqi army could have with a will but there was no will, I am in sync that iraqis could not do major but there should have been a fight in the past 12 Years by iraqi army not civilians who actually fought. Had there be an active fight to stop US from robbing whatever was/is in iraq. Just by looking at the F-16 purchase I can tell how dull decision makers are if not all decisions.

Whose paying the bill? usa....

Yes, and Egypt does not have the aim 120 amraam aswell.
This has to do with the CISMOA contract that Iraq has not signed/not offered.
Egypt and India have refused to sign these aswell.

Luftwaffe. If you don't know what's going on don't embarrass your self. 1- we didn't have the will to fight for Saddam since he's the enemy number 1 of us. 2- that's describe it all buddy. 3- you would fight for your country if your regime elected by you not by imposing it's self on you by force treating you as a worthless being!!! that's it.

First of all this is a military thread and not for political discussion. Second of all we have made our calculations and figured we wont achieve any military victory over the US with the state at the time. The Iraqis were in no shape to fight a war. We formed a government and an army and the American forces left, The Taliban fought in Afghanistan can you tell me what they got from fighting exactly? What is Iraq to you anyway?
now we are dealing with foreign sponsored low-med level terrorism with the intention of sabotage. But Iraq wasn't born today, we have a long history and we've had our ups and downs. What Iraq went through in the past 40 years is possibly the worst events in history since the invasion of the Mongols. But Iraq will rise against just like it has always risen out of every misery during its history.

Iraqi Army personal receiving instructions before going out on a mission.

488075_480446198689079_759708366_n.jpg

weapons cache uncovered, few terrorists killed and arrested after clashes.
269245_479376045462761_1919481032_n.jpg

what was he doing in iraq

Not exactly sure, but I think he came as part of a large Turkish delegation to Basrah.

Thats Kurdish costume. Do Kurds have terrorist organisation in Iraq?

No these are not Kurdish fighters. The PKK operate in the Kurdish controlled areas and they have never clashed with the Iraqi army since 2004. They do attempt to sabotage the Kirkuk-Ceyhan oil pipelines Every once in a while. The Iraqi army does not operate in the north as it is controlled by the Kurds, it is pretty much an independant state.

The UN Arms Trade register has been updated, including declarations about sales from 2012.

http://armstrade.sipri.org/armstrade...e_register.php

Some new Iraqi items confirmed:

500x MTLB from Bulgaria

28x L159B trainer / combat trainer from Czech

50x Total number of Mi17s sold by russia to Iraq since 2003.

795x R2 "barrier" anti tank missiles delivered so far by Ukraine for the BTR4s

total number of Bell206/OH58C is 25.

total Bell 407s 30x units.

8 avenger mobile SAMs from the US.

200 Stinger SAMs for the avengers.

RUSSIAN STUFF NOT CONFIRMED so that means waiting until March 2014 to know for sure what they ordered. They probably delayed the contract after the registration deadline to keep the deal secret.

Some images of the confirmed equipment. Some of the equipment have an option to buy more which is still not excersized. That includes about 50 more helicopters from the Bell 470 and Bell 206. Iraq has been attempting to buy refurbished and upgraded equipment to save money. That includes Many EDA's such as tanks and other vehicles from the united states.

8 Avenger mobile SAM, Iraq might order many more of these in the future.
Laser%20Avenger.JPG

500 MTLB, upgraded, similar to the ones Iraq already has, below.
oasowp.png

50 mi 17 delivered.
Iraqi+Army+Aviation+Command..+NVG+shot+for+Iraqi+Mi-17+%25289%2529.jpg

30X Bell 407
7409660570_3c944afc9c_b.jpg

25 bell 206
Iraqi+Army+helicopters+formation++Army+Day+celebrations+in+Baghdad%252C+Bell+206B+Jet+Ranger+utility+training+helicopterIraqi+UH-1++Air+Force+Mil+Mi-17-V5+Eurocopter+EC+635+light+attack+Bell+Armed+407+%25281%2529.jpg

Back
Top Bottom