What's new

The international-law Irony of U.S. Provocations in South China Sea

Well, first of all, you assume everybody in China care about SCS, that's your first assumption.

You are right about not every Chinese cares about scs. This maybe true during peace time, but It will not remain so when their country is attacked, putting their family, friends and livelihoods at risk.

1.)Second of all, you assume everybody in China is willing to die for a clause. That's your second assumption.

The Brits did, the Russians, Vietnamese, Koreans all did when they got attacked. Heck, look at how 911 inspired the Americans to enlist and join the fight in the name of "war against terror".

I can see that you are quite a hot blooded and patriotic individual. You are a living example of someone who will not hesitate to fight for your country, your family, your livelihood and for satisfying your own ego etc.

As said before, patriotism is a powerful tool, don't underestimate it.

Problem is, for a conventional war. China cannot bring the fight to America

A war direct war with nuclear powers China or Russia will be both conventional and unconventional. This is why no one dares to have direct military confrontations with them. They are not your everyday Iraqis or Afghanis, and the outcome will not look pretty for those parties involved.

while America will use it's asset in Asia, as well as proxies to make Chinese pays. You can destroy Guam, or South Korea or even Japan for that matter

Above are reasons why your allies need to think it through over and over again before allowing your assets to be stationed on their lands.
They basically got caught in a catch 22, they know the consequences, they must please America, but at the same time they cannot afford to mess with their nuclear armed neighbours.
These neighbours can stretch and make the war a very long and painful one as they have more than enough resources to and are second and third biggest weapon manufacturers respectively. Or they can get put to sleep in an instand when enough damage is done to justify a MAD scenario.

but it will not damage US continental strength and thus, it does not do as much damage as you may think.

How much did the war on terror in ME cost the US? How much did the Vietnam and Korean war cost the US? How long did those wars last for? I can bet my *** any direct war against China/Russia (conventionally) it will be a long painful one. You will be feeding your navy, air force, sons and daughters through a giant meat grinder. History tells us that America (like in the past) will come under immense pressure economically; politically, domestically and internationally, because America have no business in scs and the cost is too high.
The alternate ending, Should push comes to shove (unconventionally), everyone gets nuked and the planet earth can rewind back millions of years.

Either way, I assure you, the cost will be high and significant damage will be done.

On the other scale, China will be bombed both in the mainland and on the island, and while US have enough firepower now or in the future to turn at least the Chinese Eastern Seaboard into Iraq. It would take years for China to recover.

Spoken like a true armchair general.

In return, China will invite America to the cinema. There we can watch "The land before time", see Little foot and her friends travel to their promised land. Russia will also pay for America to see "Ice Age" where Sid and Scrat will make one last appearance in true HD.

I am sure everyone appreciates your patriotism, and your theoretical/rhetorical inputs. The world would be one hell of a boring place without fellas like you. Stay calm, chill with a Bud and Semper Fi Chinese bro. :lol:

meh, I can't hang out with good looking chicks, otherwise my wife will got jealous. I hang out with some work friend and mate and play softball every Friday in Moore park. Only one were blonde.

Hahahaha, aww, bro. I'm sure Mrs. @jhungary can let you have fun , she needs to have faith in your fidelity. Besides, a jealous wife is not a bad asset, lol. Beautiful company always tends to make even the most tense group... relax... ha ha ha!

:bunny::p:

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-apartment-nsw-kirribilli-417409330
5A/63 Kirribilli Avenue Kirribilli NSW 2061

$3,500 per week
main.jpg

image3.jpg

Oh My God, of course I don't live in Kirribili, Are you that thick to see that I was mocking you??

As I said when the body of the train was ship to Australia, there was no interiors fitted and that was coming out of Australia's Downer director's mouth. So we can easily digest that all seats fitting was probably the world of Downer. But like I said since the design was faulty to the begin with, the structure and the seating looks sketchy. For the window, I'm not sure who put the window glass. It is probably the work of Railway Downer too.

edit - I was right, the refit of the interior was the work of Downer at Cardiff facility in Australia.

Some Chinese company easily make quality compromise, as I know. They sometimes would agree customers' riduculous demands which are obviously absurd. They need to learn from experience, insist on their own quality standard.

Hahahaha, aww, bro. I'm sure Mrs. @jhungary can let you have fun , she needs to have faith in your fidelity. Besides, a jealous wife is not a bad asset, lol. Beautiful company always tends to make even the most tense group... relax... ha ha ha!

:bunny::p:

Well, I can only say if you know what Kind of girl I have dated before, you would be jealous too.

This is my ex like 8 years ago. (Maybe more)

2043012341_3adac65b6c_z.jpg

2043808938_36d745d507_z.jpg

702178565_0b0c4ef7aa_z.jpg

Now 8 years later, I still have the cat...

:ashamed::yay::azn:[/QUOTE]
meh, I can't hang out with good looking chicks, otherwise my wife will got jealous. I hang out with some work friend and mate and play softball every Tuesday and Friday at Moore park. Only one were blonde.
Mate, the more you talked, the more bs you are revealed.
If you play football, and being someone from HK, you should know that every year we have a Chinese soccer competition here in Sydney, so do tell me which park we are playing?

no, you are wrong, the refit is not done by Cardiff, go back a few more post and find the article I quote on sending back the train to China for refit. There you will see the train were refit (Along with future train) in China, the refitting work done in Cardiff is the "rework" to correct the stuff that the Chinese made.
As I said before, our responsibility as a contractor is to built whatever based on the designer and final specification of the train owners, which were all Australia decision. There had not been a SINGLE issue with our Chinese-made train that we built locally by ourselves. Yet, problem arises with your design train and specification. Why don't you just contract us to design, build, and maintain the whole things? It would be easier as you have little experience in building a complete system. If that fail, then you can put the blame on us. But not this one, my friend. Like I said, the body is fine (which is what we built). The retro fit was due to poor train design and need to send back to China to refit based on a re-design. Again, whoever design this train needs to take responsibility. Same as the one who put the system together and the one who write the software to integrate the hardware to make it run. Neither the design nor the software have anything to do with us. Let get this fact straight!

:ashamed::yay::azn:
If you play football, and being someone from HK, you should know that every year we have a Chinese soccer competition here in Sydney, so do tell me which park we are playing?

When did I say I play football??

I hate soccers

As I said before, our responsibility as a contractor is to built whatever based on the designer and final specification of the train owners, which were all Australia decision. There had not been a SINGLE issue with our Chinese-made train that we built locally by ourselves. Yet, problem arises with your design train and specification. Why don't you just contract us to design, build, and maintain the whole things? It would be easier as you have little experience in building a complete system. If that fail, then you can put the blame on us. But not this one, my friend. Like I said, the body is fine (which is what we built). The retro fit was due to poor train design and need to send back to China to refit based on a re-design. Again, whoever design this train needs to take responsibility. Same as the one who put the system together and the one who write the software to integrate the hardware to make it run. Neither the design nor the software have anything to do with us. Let get this fact straight!

Again, I have already said why and how the Chinese Stuffed up, and I didn't say them myself, it was on the newspaper.

If you like, go back to my post a few time and look up why, or don't do anything, I don't care, but I have say all I can say in this situation. So, I am not gonna further comment on it, either way, this post is about SCS not the Chinese train.

I am sure everyone appreciates your patriotism, and your theoretical/rhetorical inputs. The world would be one hell of a boring place without fellas like you. Stay calm, chill with a Bud and Semper Fi Chinese bro.

:D

I just realise, the post you quote me, it's probably worth look at it again, I said I play SOFTBALL, not football.

meh, I can't hang out with good looking chicks, otherwise my wife will got jealous. I hang out with some work friend and mate and play softball every Tuesday and Friday at Moore park. Only one were blonde.

Oh, by the way, if you are really here for 10 years, you would have use Domain.com website to show me the $3500 Kirribili instead of using google or yahoo to try and search properties, which is why you generated a realestate.com result

@jhungary , i'm posting my article tonight at the seniors section, please read it. it will be islamic related. anyways, see you there. don't stay too late or stay too serious in this thread. in the end, its just a colorful exchange of ideas.

Chinese brothers, be light and understanding with Jhungary, afterall, PDF will not be interesting without contending views.

Peace out.

Assume that your China draw first blood and attack a US flagged vessel under the shield of protecting national interests

You assume too much my friend. If your theories and rhetorics have any real substance, Vietnam, Korea, Iran, China and Russia will be a very different place today, wiped off the map even? America are not the type who would jump into war when odds are not in their favour.

China is not facing a military peer

If getting that out of your chest makes you sleep better, I will always be here to hear you out.

no matter how often you bring out the word 'thermonuclear'. No, China will be facing a military that is preeminent in warfare and posses a hundred times the institutional knowledge of warfare than herself. The Chinese installations on those islands will be either wiped out or crippled in hrs, not days. Chinese sea access to those islands will be severed. No reinforcement.

Sure, bring it bruv. :lol:

The calculus for the Chinese government will be US vs China, as in the only targets left will be US home soil. Attack Hawaii and you can kiss all those national treasures on Beijing goodbye.

Attack our islands and military assets, then we will attack yours. If your country eants to escalate this, we will gladly follow. You guys picked the wrong guys to mess with. Learn how to deal with Iran first. China is too sophisticated for America to handle.

Do you really think your government is that foolish to risk an all out war

My feeling's mutual.

one that China will 99% lose, over those islands ?

How many times did America win in a war involving China and Russia? Talk is cheap friend. Just bring it on, what's with the wait? :lol:

I just realise, the post you quote me, it's probably worth look at it again, I said I play SOFTBALL, not football.

Oh, by the way, if you are really here for 10 years, you would have use Domain.com website to show me the $3500 Kirribili instead of using google or yahoo to try and search properties, which is why you generated a realestate.com result
We used to play football at centennial park so I assumed your were playing football.
Your claim repeatedly about me revealed the problem of yours: over confidence.

How about you two stop fighting and find me a blonde Aussie chic to have dinner with, LOL!

I dont mind if she's a Bogan, i love fiesty girs from 'down a'nda'h

:lol::cheesy:

Someone like her, please.

2ECBEA2300000578-3333361-_Time_to_bring_out_the_NZ_country_girl_in_me_The_New_Zealand_nat-m-2_1448459256041.jpg

HaHa, everyday I saw hotter chicks than her, a lot of Brazilians and Swedish at my beach these days. Now is nearly dark and bit cloudy, so no more bikini around. Tomorrow i can take some photos, but how do i upload it to PDF?

Back
Top Bottom