What's new

The Indomitable Indian Spirit : Making Impossible to Possible

@Skull and Bones that`s impressive....best of luck with your PhD .A PhD in Graphene based nanoelectronics is going to be one of the most lucrative ones in the near future...and as far as i konw India has no patents in Graphene based research but the Chinese and British have really excelled in this regard..

One cannot blame the students who has moved to developed worlds for making a career, the environment for research and development in India is next to pathetic. Even if one pursues higher education in lines of PhD, the stipend is than that of a IT fresher.

You cannot expect one to pursue 13 years in academics, and get peanuts in exchange for that. Indians have achieved a lot overseas, only if government had acknowledged the potential before, things would have been very different now.
Absolutely right. You know the worst part is you will see, people are going to different conferences abroad on your work, your paper where as you will not get the fund from DST.
You will see some students who dont even know basic Physics are getting absorbed in research institutes/Universities because of their connection where as you will continue to struggle to get a fellowship which is even earned by you.
Obviously people will get frustrated. I am one of the sufferer of this thing.
if I get a chance, I will leave this country too.

There is no technical knowledge required in HR or shytes. :D
right. he he he he.

Padhai karke bhi kya ukhad lega BC, as long as the purpose of study is to merely settle for a job, India shall never get the benefit of the brain of young generation.

The topper of my school did BTech, from one of the top university, then did MBA from IIM Indore, now working as an HR in Accenture or Cognizant. Waste of talent i'll put.
Who is going to spend his life on research with getting a small amount of money where as people in BPOs, IT sectors are getting loads of cash ? This country has no place for talent.

One can't clap with one hand only. Both hands are mandatory for clapping. In ours case problems were generated by both sides, at least that's what my understanding says. Thank you.
Yes. In this case one hand is ready. But I cant see the other hand. It may busy in doing something else.

Yes, to add to that, let me add, 'Patriotism doesn't work in empty stomach', it's sad to say that common people sometimes forget that scientists too are human, with kids and families. A man aged in his 30s should have some enthusiasm to continue for his PhD, and that monthly stipend of 15000 doesn't cut it.
What people usually think is that we must do everything in the name of Patriotism in empty stomach where they will get loads of cash by doing some job which can be done by a higher secondary student.

What people usually think is that we must do everything in the name of Patriotism in empty stomach where they will get loads of cash by doing some job which can be done by a higher secondary student.

In India, engineering only meant to be absorbed by IT or ITeS sector, people who has an natural apathy for programming, like me, struggle to find proper employment in the nation. This nation didin't cared for me when i was jobless, after my father's death, i had to work in Reliance Telecom for a meager 8K for pocket money, and that included night shifts. A whore earns more than that.

And people expects us to work for the nation, where we are treated worse than a whore for the sake a patriotism. Imagination much?

In India, engineering only meant to be absorbed by IT or ITeS sector, people who has an natural apathy for programming, like me, struggle to find proper employment in the nation. This nation didin't cared for me when i was jobless, after my father's death, i had to work in Reliance Telecom for a meager 8K for pocket money, and that included night shifts. A whore earns more than that.

And people expects us to work for the nation, where we are treated worse than a whore for the sake a patriotism. Imagination much?
You know after my masters, I have to work for 4K here in a college 40 KM away from home. I had to start my journey around at 7 a.m.. After that I had to take classes. I used to reach my home around 11 PM at night after doing a tuition. So total I used to get around 6K rupees.

And instead of feeling sad about us, people are glorifying it, justifying it by giving statements " Hard work is the key to success ".
At least basic requirement of researcher must be fulfilled so that he can concentrate on work.

I have not been to home for last 2 years. I am still in lab in Durga puja holiday, waiting for an experiment to over. How many of these people have done this here ?
That is why I usually get angry. We are not super man. Now a days I tell my students not to come in research field unless they are rich.

For a poor people's country like us, government priority should have been manufacturing industry from the start only. But we lost our great leaders in the initial years, so new leaders went haywire concentrating on other things. There we lost plot, and till now it hasn't been corrected. Thank you.

One cannot blame the students who has moved to developed worlds for making a career, the environment for research and development in India is next to pathetic. Even if one pursues higher education in lines of PhD, the stipend is than that of a IT fresher.

You cannot expect one to pursue 13 years in academics, and get peanuts in exchange for that. Indians have achieved a lot overseas, only if government had acknowledged the potential before, things would have been very different now.
Cant blame them!!!! You are one of them.... cant blame you!!!!
You are not coming back to India, are you????

Cant blame them!!!! You are one of them.... cant blame you!!!!
You are not coming back to India, are you????

We still do not want you. There are enough people here who love India and are doing well for the country. I do not see anyone missing you.

We still do not want you. There are enough people here who love India and are doing well for the country. I do not see anyone missing you.
Every Indian loves India and doesn't need any certificate to clarify this. No one leaves the country until and unless pushed against the wall. If I had the knowledge of that level I had also left to earn respectable money. Here when I had to recieve my degree certificate I had to pay in corruption otherwise they knew I will have to return by evening. My grandmother died and officials were not preparing death certificate untill money was paid to them. And this i am repeating here. This is the India we love, don't we? My boss used to sit and do chatter all time while I used to work like laborour even though I was much more educated and more informed about the job. they use my talent and stick their stamp on it and show others like it was done by them. If I get an option I will bomb them to hell and will leave where i can expect return for my services. Thank you.

Every Indian loves India and doesn't need any certificate to clarify this. No one leaves the country until and unless pushed against the wall. If I had the knowledge of that level I had also left to earn respectable money. Here when I had to recieve my degree certificate I had to pay in corruption otherwise they knew I will have to return by evening. My grandmother died and officials were not preparing death certificate untill money was paid to them. And this i am repeating here. This is the India we love, don't we? My boss used to sit and do chatter all time while I used to work like laborour even though I was much more educated and more informed about the job. they use my talent and stick their stamp on it and show others like it was done by them. If I get an option I will bomb them to hell and will leave where i can expect return for my services. Thank you.

Please get out as fast as you can. We are looking forward to reduce our population too. Thank you.

The thread started out with a superb speech about Indians working for India and doing great wonders. It was all about their heroism. Then came the cowards and leeches who were subsidized by the country and tax payers to get cheaper higher education. Having gotten benefit of that now the assholes are preening about how they have kicked India and how whores in India get better money.

Well if you were abroad in USA, you would have to pay through your nose for the higher education. From students in UK to students in USA, they are knee deep in student loans and start out their careers by being 100 k to 200 k dollars in debt.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom