What's new

The Indian Rafale: Why Pakistan Should Celebrate! -Opinion (ALL Rafale posts here please)

@Surya 1 Sir, i thought i am an optimistic about PLAAF and China's aviation industry until i meet you.

@Surya 1 Sir, i thought i am an optimistic about PLAAF and China's aviation industry until i meet you.

Being optimistic is your right. I am optimistic too but when wishful thing takes the place of realism, problem starts. And from where does china comes in? I have not written anything about china.

Being optimistic is your right. I am optimistic too but when wishful thing takes the place of realism, problem starts.
This is your suggestion to us?or to your country?

This is your suggestion to us?or to your country?

No i do not suggest anything. I am writing something what I believe. In democracy , we simply express our opinion and live to others to accept or reject. It is for you to accept or reject.

No i do not suggest anything. I am writing something what I believe. In democracy , we simply express our opinion and live to others to accept or reject. It is for you to accept or reject.
Have a good day, i am also looking forward for the Rafale in your sky, a good duel must need a good opponent,J10CD,J16DZ await.

I am comparing 200 3.5 gen and 4 gen fighters rolling out in the next 5 years, is that enough for the mighty 36 rafale?

so you believe that they will be required in a ration of 1:6 as 36: 200. I do not mind that. I thought it will be atleast 8 J 10s against 1 rafale. since you think that it is 1 against 6 our figures are by and large matching. I have no objection.

so you believe that they will be required in a ration of 1:6 as 36: 200. I do not mind that. I thought it will be atleast 8 J 10s against 1 rafale. since you think that it is 1 against 6 our figures are by and large matching. I have no objection.
ok lets stop here before it goes too far. btw what is a J10S?

No need to celebrate, Rafale is a beautiful plane. Now PAF ASAP need to induct Su-35 in Same numbers to keep balance. We can acquire J-31 when china will be able to make a decent engine, so far they are lagging behind in this field. TFX project is also in trouble cause of engine issue, which could also use Chinese engine.

On other side India can't keep T-50, Tejas and F-16 3 projects at the same time. One have to go. I think T-50 project will be shelved as Russians are now reluctant to share advance tech with India after its tilt towards USA. Reduced number of Rafale is also due to F-16 possible deal. Tejas still 5 years behind to compete with Thunder. So where is the stealth plane on Indian side?

@Bilal Khan 777

I believe you are an ex-serviceman from PAF. I am very disappointed with your analysis. You may have some valid points from economic perspective of the deal, but that should not be (being Ex-PAF person) your concern.

Let me give you an example

You buy a 12" long knife for $40 to defend yourself from an arch enemy that is looking for an opportunity to cut you. Your enemy spends $100 and buys a 36" long sword.
You are celebrating because he spent $60 more, he would need a longer scabbard, he will have to work more to maintain the longer edge?

Sir you should worry about your head. Period.
I hope your thought process is not reflective of the organization you worked for.

@MastanKhan @Oscar

Don't worry about my head, and learn to read between the lines and beyond words.
BR

@Surya 1
[QUOTE="5) No, it comes with technology tranafer and 50% set off which shall boost make in india. Indian air force shall give top up order and that shall be made with reliance in 100% make in india.[/QUOTE]

https://www.ft.com/content/c2e3637e-8082-11e6-8e50-8ec15fb462f4#ixzz4L9BUNboJ

September 22, 2016 4:41 pm

India poised to sign €8bn deal to buy 36 fighter jets from France
Kiran Stacey in New Delhi

495f7026-0d48-4412-a6d1-900df163ef50.img
©AFP
A Rafale fighter jet, made by French company Dassault

India’s decade-long process to acquire new fighter jets to renew its ageing air force fleet will take a significant step forward on Friday when the country signs a deal with France to buy 36 Rafale aircraft expected to be worth €8bn.

Jean-Yves Le Drian, France’s defence minister, was on his way to Delhi on Thursday to sign an intergovernmental agreement that would see India buy dozens of Rafale jets, made by the French company Dassault.

The deal brings to an end one of the most coveted international arms deals in recent years. At its start, four international defence companies — Dassault, Boeing, Lockheed Martin and the BAE-led Eurofighter consortium — were vying to supply New Delhi with 126 new jets.

The Indian government chose the Rafales in 2012, with the French asking for $20bn. Negotiations quickly became bogged down in disagreements over both the price and how much construction would be done in India.

The deal looked close to collapse last year when the French refused to transfer the technology to India’s state-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd for 108 of the jets to be built in India. But part of it was salvaged when Narendra Modi, India’s prime minister, personally intervened, announcing that New Delhi would buy 36 aircraft “off the shelf” from France.

Although neither government has made details of the deal public, industry officials say it will be worth close to €8bn.

One defence industry official told the Financial Times: “This is an end-to-end deal, with the French providing everything from the aircraft to logistics support. We don’t expect Indian companies to do much at all."

According to details of the deal leaked to the Indian press, the French will guarantee technical support, meaning 75 per cent of the jets will be airworthy at any time, as well as providing spare parts for seven years. Neither the French nor Indian government would comment on the reports; nor would Dassault. A French official said: “This is a confidential deal and we will not be providing details.”

The Indian air force has been urging New Delhi to purchase new fighter jets for several years, with the Russian-built core of its 900-strong combat air fleet coming to the end of its life.

The air force has asked for 45 combat squadrons to help counter fourth-generation fighters owned by Pakistan and China. The government has sanctioned 42 but at the moment the number is 33.

In 2014 the Indian parliament’s defence committee described the gap between what had been sanctioned and what had been procured as “very grim” and “dismal”.

The agreement comes at a sensitive time for Mr Modi’s government as the Indian prime minister faces pressure to react militarily to an attack on an Indian army base in Kashmir over the weekend that killed 18 soldiers.

It is a boost for both Dassault, which spent €40bn developing the Rafale aircraft, and the government of François Hollande, the French president, who has personally intervened to help drive the deal.

1) No LCA meant to replace Mig 21 and not raffle. This is a category for india in Mig 29 class i.e medium category. .

2) No, had we purchased without technology transfer and offset it would not have cost us more than 100 million. It comes with 50% offset and technology transfer so what you say in not true.

3) capacity is already fully realized and there is no competitor in region nor even in foreseeable feature. It has only one competitor and that is EF typhoon. This shall be a premier fighter of the world till 2050. even Our mirage 2000 upg has no competitor in region today.

4) Has Pakistani pilots have lost the interest in JF 17 after flying F 16? Meanwhile the rafale comes, we shall have a mighty Tejas MK2 i our inventory. Even our tejas Mk1+ shall be a premier fighter with very low weight and very high load carrying and 9g and AOA above 30* with AESA and best in the class EW suite. That will have nothing parallel in the region.

5) No, it comes with technology tranafer and 50% set off which shall boost make in india. Indian air force shall give top up order and that shall be made with reliance in 100% make in india.

6) EF deal is closed a long back. French and israeli and US avionics are best. We have access to all these technologies. We do not mind if anybody gets inferior avionics from china or even europe.

7) the civilian run state has managed to fullfill all the requirement of the country against a military dominated country which failed to acquire just 8 4 decade planes. we are fully capable to meet all our need by our own or from outside at our own terms and conditions.

Even though what you say is truth (Which is not true) , we are the country to get the planes and best cost french has ever offered to any one including their own air force. SO it is a win win situation.

You know, you guys are very special and would like to listen to what you believe is great. My fact based writing may cause inconvenience to you. So better reading for you is something written in OP. You can enjoy reading the articles written in Pakistani media. That should give you more fun.

Thank you for the insight.

@Surya 1
[QUOTE="5) No, it comes with technology tranafer and 50% set off which shall boost make in india. Indian air force shall give top up order and that shall be made with reliance in 100% make in india.

https://www.ft.com/content/c2e3637e-8082-11e6-8e50-8ec15fb462f4#ixzz4L9BUNboJ

September 22, 2016 4:41 pm

India poised to sign €8bn deal to buy 36 fighter jets from France
Kiran Stacey in New Delhi

495f7026-0d48-4412-a6d1-900df163ef50.img
©AFP
A Rafale fighter jet, made by French company Dassault

India’s decade-long process to acquire new fighter jets to renew its ageing air force fleet will take a significant step forward on Friday when the country signs a deal with France to buy 36 Rafale aircraft expected to be worth €8bn.

Jean-Yves Le Drian, France’s defence minister, was on his way to Delhi on Thursday to sign an intergovernmental agreement that would see India buy dozens of Rafale jets, made by the French company Dassault.

The deal brings to an end one of the most coveted international arms deals in recent years. At its start, four international defence companies — Dassault, Boeing, Lockheed Martin and the BAE-led Eurofighter consortium — were vying to supply New Delhi with 126 new jets.

The Indian government chose the Rafales in 2012, with the French asking for $20bn. Negotiations quickly became bogged down in disagreements over both the price and how much construction would be done in India.

The deal looked close to collapse last year when the French refused to transfer the technology to India’s state-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd for 108 of the jets to be built in India. But part of it was salvaged when Narendra Modi, India’s prime minister, personally intervened, announcing that New Delhi would buy 36 aircraft “off the shelf” from France.

Although neither government has made details of the deal public, industry officials say it will be worth close to €8bn.

One defence industry official told the Financial Times: “This is an end-to-end deal, with the French providing everything from the aircraft to logistics support. We don’t expect Indian companies to do much at all."

According to details of the deal leaked to the Indian press, the French will guarantee technical support, meaning 75 per cent of the jets will be airworthy at any time, as well as providing spare parts for seven years. Neither the French nor Indian government would comment on the reports; nor would Dassault. A French official said: “This is a confidential deal and we will not be providing details.”

The Indian air force has been urging New Delhi to purchase new fighter jets for several years, with the Russian-built core of its 900-strong combat air fleet coming to the end of its life.

The air force has asked for 45 combat squadrons to help counter fourth-generation fighters owned by Pakistan and China. The government has sanctioned 42 but at the moment the number is 33.

In 2014 the Indian parliament’s defence committee described the gap between what had been sanctioned and what had been procured as “very grim” and “dismal”.

The agreement comes at a sensitive time for Mr Modi’s government as the Indian prime minister faces pressure to react militarily to an attack on an Indian army base in Kashmir over the weekend that killed 18 soldiers.

It is a boost for both Dassault, which spent €40bn developing the Rafale aircraft, and the government of François Hollande, the French president, who has personally intervened to help drive the deal. [/QUOTE]

I already know this information. hence the post. Thanks for providing a reference. All the people from India or elsewhere sending me insulting comments should also read.

Last edited:
No need to celebrate, Rafale is a beautiful plane. Now PAF ASAP need to induct Su-35 in Same numbers to keep balance. We can acquire J-31 when china will be able to make a decent engine, so far they are lagging behind in this field. TFX project is also in trouble cause of engine issue, which could also use Chinese engine.

On other side India can't keep T-50, Tejas and F-16 3 projects at the same time. One have to go. I think T-50 project will be shelved as Russians are now reluctant to share advance tech with India after its tilt towards USA. Reduced number of Rafale is also due to F-16 possible deal. Tejas still 5 years behind to compete with Thunder. So where is the stealth plane on Indian side?

We have already struck the agreement of technology transfer at 3.6 Bn USD

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom