What's new

The Incompetent establishment of Pakistan

Your civilian rulers thrive in corruption and mismanagement. They have created a rotten system for their own benfit. The fact that you don't even have the courage to call a wrong a wrong is enough indication. Corruption is endorsed by the mainstream civilian rulers in Pakistan. Other corrupt and dishonest people also side with and benefit from this corrupt system. In other words, the government not only benefits, but also mass enables corruption.

Who says that governments come and go? Maybe in proper functioning democracies. Nawaz Sharif has made politics a family business. The same applies for Bhutto family. They are the status quo and keep taking turns. Have been doing so for decades. Even their children are being groomed to be the next corrupt leader of Pakistan. Their illiterate voters vote for them because they also benefit from corruption. There is no concept of honest leadership or managing a country. It is all about looting and more looting.

I am sorry for your misguided views, but the majority has had enough of civilian incompetence and corruption. There is a reason why even the Western world is turning a blind eye to Nawaz Sharif's jailing. No one will rescue Nawaz Sharif.

The problem with personality worshippers like yourself is that you always need a side to blame someone for your own shortcomings.

The Pak army didn't invent Panama leaks. The Pak army didn't reveal London flats. The Pak army didn't blame Pakistan for Mumbai attacks. Nawaz Sharif is not only corrupt, but also highly incompetent. He is a dumb corrupt leader.
I am not ignorant and misguided, my thinking is beyond your comprehension. You may take me as anti army but i am not. what i am is that i am frustrated with the spine less and hypocrite policies.
This issue is directly related to terrorism and national security and armed forces are the main respondents in this case. All we expect from them is play this game as it is played by other nations and play it with clear message, and that clear message would be a clear and aggressive response.

Well they didn't pop out of no where they got dropped off by USA in Afghanistan. Guess whos next door.

Please someone tell me what exactly is Establishment?

There exists No such thing in Pakistan.

Well if establishment exist or not but these feeling do exist which more and more people are sharing on social media and one thing i know is that its outcome for this country is not great, and this is exactly what our enemies want.
IMG_4540.JPG

I want to point out to the fact that why we have such an incompetent establishment that runs this country. Yesterday, 125 people were martyred in Mastung, ISIS accepted the responsibility for the attack and yet our government and armed forces only condemned the attack. If it was any other country in the world they would have bombed the shit out of them. Turkey, jordan, Australia and many other countries are example of it. This incident is the best excuse for us to go in Afghanistan and start bombing these rats. Every time they do something like this we go there and bomb their homes, hideouts, training centers.
But with great sorrow i must say that we are incompetent to our core, we did not even blame Afghanistan for this massacre let alone do something.

Brother I respect your feeling but you are suggesting what enemy wants ... First of all why this is being blamed on establishment alone ? isn't the internal security responsibility of local law enforcement agencies? Now due to incompetency of our police and civilian governments, our armed forces are stretched more then they should ... Kindly note that we are the only country who succeed in reducing the terrorism ...

Now come to the main topic that why I think that our enemy want us to attack Afghanistan ... Remember when we launch inital operation in Waziristan than rather than tightening the border security Afghans left the border check post vacant as they wanted the criminal emelments of Afghanistan to fight Pakistan and to destabilize us ... We are already too much stock in Balochistan and eastern border... The strategy of border sealing with Afghanistan is the right approach ... We are already militarily stretched and should not open another front ... Having said this strengthening internally is the way to go ,,, our police has to take up the task ... They are our first force of defence internally ...

I want to point out to the fact that why we have such an incompetent establishment that runs this country. Yesterday, 125 people were martyred in Mastung, ISIS accepted the responsibility for the attack and yet our government and armed forces only condemned the attack. If it was any other country in the world they would have bombed the shit out of them. Turkey, jordan, Australia and many other countries are example of it. This incident is the best excuse for us to go in Afghanistan and start bombing these rats. Every time they do something like this we go there and bomb their homes, hideouts, training centers.
But with great sorrow i must say that we are incompetent to our core, we did not even blame Afghanistan for this massacre let alone do something.

I disagree the establishment is a bogeyman, a scape goat..blame your leaders who should either act or resign...if the establishment dont follow their commands they should come on media and tell the nation and resign ....
Instead they enjoyed govt for 10+ years both PMLN and PPPP

And who is responsible for the refugee crisis?
Who is repsonble for police, FIA, judiciary incomoetence

There are two type of countries. Those that get driven by circumstances or those that drive circumstances. Pakistan all to often get's driven by circumstances. Do you know of any country that would help to give it's neighbourhood to it's enemies?

Take the Turks. They regard PKK as threat. So in order to prevent PKK gaining leverage on their southern flank the Turks have adopted a forward approach by being in Syria and at times Northern Iraq to secure their southern flank. Yes they are busy building a wall but on top of that they have crossed over the border to make sure threats do not take hold.

Pakistan on the other hand gave Kabul on a platter to Northern Alliance in 2001. NA was a declared Pakistan hater and pro India. Once Pakistan allowed that the rest was bound to happen. And we are harvesting that fruit today.

Kill terrorists, not civilians. Regardless of our anger, we should go after those responsible. Don’t blame all Afghans for this.

Yes, they come hiding among refugees but it’s our job to find them and bring them to justice. Ordinary refugees are innocent.
Ordinary refugees may be innocent, but they should be honourably repatriated...why accept refugees when one canNOT feed his own children, especially from a neighbour which refuses your right to existence....

There are two type of countries. Those that get driven by circumstances or those that drive circumstances. Pakistan all to often get's driven by circumstances. Do you know of any country that would help to give it's neighbourhood to it's enemies?

Take the Turks. They regard PKK as threat. So in order to prevent PKK gaining leverage on their southern flank the Turks have adopted a forward approach by being in Syria and at times Northern Iraq to secure their southern flank. Yes they are busy building a wall but on top of that they have crossed over the border to make sure threats do not take hold.

Pakistan on the other hand gave Kabul on a platter to Northern Alliance in 2001. NA was a declared Pakistan hater and pro India. Once Pakistan allowed that the rest was bound to happen. And we are harvesting that fruit today.
Yes, but remember what Musharaf said (and many PDFians agree with Mush), if we don't oblige the US, they threatened to bomb Pakistan into the Stone Age...are you saying he made this stuff up....

Last edited:
Yes, but remember what Musharaf said (and many PDFians agree with Mush), if we don't oblige the US, they threatened to bomb Pakistan into the Stone Age...are you saying he made this stuff up....
Well, I am with respect sick of hearing this. The power disparity between Pak and US stil exists. They can bomb Pak back to stone age today as much as they could do in 2001. It's not like Pak has since taken delivery of-

500 Stealth Raptor killers
50 nuclear powered ICBM submarines
25 Nimitz class nuclear powered aircraft carriers
5000 Armata style tanks
Or we are now filthy rich with huge reserves - hint: check our fast worsening financial position
etc etc

So that very disparity US had then it has now. Are these people suggesting we suck Trumps dick if he gets cocky or shouts "bumb stone age"???

There is a differance between capitualtion, rout, a craven appeasement and a considered diplomatic neogitiated deal. Musharaf sold out Pakistan for few dollars.

Ordinary refugees may be innocent, but they should be honourably repatriated...why accept refugees when one canNOT feed his own children, especially from a neighbour which refuses your right to existence....

I agree. Refugees living in camps need to go back. Full background check to get into Pakistan.

Immigration needs to be established so law-abiding Afghans, especially widows, single mothers, orphans in the most dire circumstances can be taken care of. They will have to renounce Afghan citizenship. Use the West as an example.

People in camps will always commit crimes, their life is unstable. Normalization process for them needs to begin, but most need to be deported.

Well, I am with respect sick of hearing this. The power disparity between Pak and US stil exists. They can bomb Pak back to stone age today as much as they could do in 2001. It's not like Pak has since taken delivery of-

500 Stealth Raptor killers
50 nuclear powered ICBM submarines
25 Nimitz class nuclear powered aircraft carriers
5000 Armata style tanks
Or we are now filthy rich with huge reserves - hint: check our fast worsening financial position
etc etc

So that very disparity US had then it has now. Are these people suggesting we suck Trumps dick if he gets cocky or shouts "bumb stone age"???

There is a differance between capitualtion, rout, a craven appeasement and a considered diplomatic neogitiated deal. Musharaf sold out Pakistan for few dollars.
I agree. It is just some PDFians many of who are more senior than I, have vented extreme dislike at me when I have suggested that Musharaf caved in, then they begin to lecture how he managed to prevent Pakistan from becoming an Iraq...
And I had simply no answer to return

Just to play Devil’s advocate: back in 2001 would Russia or China have interfered in a US attack on Pakistan. I am sure today that at least China would make it clear to the US that an attack on Pakistan is an attack on China....

Last edited:

List of businesses run by the Army presented to the Senate

Pakistan
by Ali Zain | Published on July 21, 2016 (Edited July 21, 2016)
640x384xsenate-polls.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ObWSYNBbMg.jpg

ISLAMABAD – The Senate has been provided with the details of commercial projects being run by several sub-departments of the armed forces of Pakistan, in Federal Defence Minister Khwaja Asif’s written response to an earlier question raised by Senator Farhatullah Babar of the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP).

In the reply, Khawaja informed the Upper House that nearly 50 commercial entities were being managed by various departments of the armed forces, including the Fauji Foundation, Bahria Foundation, the Army Welfare Trust (AWT), the Shaheen Foundation and various Defense Housing Authorities (DHAs).

He said that as many as eight DHAs had been established in Karachi, Lahore, Rawalpindi-Islamabad, Multan, Gujranwala, Bahawalpur, Peshawar and Quetta under special ordinances.

He informed the House that the AWT was running 16 projects, the Fauji Foundation 15, and the Shaheen Foundation 11. He said that while the Bahria Foundation was not administrating any housing society in Pakistan, it was considering the the establishment of an offshore LNG project.

The commercial projects of AWT:

1. Two stud farms in Pakpattan and Okara
  2. Army Welfare Sugar Mills, Badin
  3. Askari Project (shoe and woollen), Lahore
  4. Army Welfare Mess and Blue Lagoon Restaurant, Rawalpindi
  5. Real estate comprising three small housing schemes in Lahore, Badaber and Sangjani
  6. Askari General Insurance Co Ltd Rawalpindi
  7. Askari Aviation Services, Rawalpindi
  8. MAL Pakistan Ltd Karachi
  9. Askari Guards (Pvt) Ltd, head office (HO) in Rawalpindi
  10. Askari Fuels (CNG) with HO in Rawalpindi
  11. Askari Seeds, Okara
  12. Askari Enterprises, Rawalpindi
  13. Fauji Security Services (acquired from Fauji Foundation), HO in Rawalpindi
  14. Askari Apparel, Lahore
  15. Askari Lagoon, Faisalabad.
The projects under Fauji Foundation:

1. Fauji Cereals
  2. Foundation Gas
  3. Fauji Fertiliser Company Ltd
  4. Fauji Cement Co Ltd
  5. Fauji Oil Terminal and Distillery Co Ltd
  6. Fauji Kabirwala Power Company Ltd
  7. Foundation Power Co (Dharki) Ltd
  8. Askari Cement Ltd
  9. Askari Bank Ltd
  10. Foundation Wind Energy (I and II) Ltd
  11. Noon Pakistan Ltd Lahore
  12. Fauji Meat Ltd
  13. Fauji Fertiliser Bin Qasim Ltd
  14. Fauji Akbar Partia Marine Terminal Ltd, HO in Karachi
  15. Pakistan Maroc Phosphore SA in Morocco
The projects under Shaheen Foundation:

1. Shaheen Airport Services
  2. Shaheen Aerotraders
  3. Shaheen Knitwear
  4. Shaheen Complex, Karachi
  5. Shaheen Complex, Lahore
  6. Shaheen Medical Services
  7. Hawk Advertising
  8. Fazaia Welfare Education School System
  9. SAPS Aviation College
  10. Air Eagle Aviation Academy
  11. Shaheen Welfare Housing Scheme, Peshawar
The full list of commercial entities was originally reported by the Dawn.com

https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/pakistan/list-of-businesses-run-by-the-army-presented-to-the-senate/
Good move by Pakistan Military. Such a back up is necessary in the presence of a fragile economy and uncertain situation of civil Government and its policies.

If all is left on civilian Government then only God save us.

I am not ignorant and misguided, my thinking is beyond your comprehension. You may take me as anti army but i am not. what i am is that i am frustrated with the spine less and hypocrite policies.
This issue is directly related to terrorism and national security and armed forces are the main respondents in this case. All we expect from them is play this game as it is played by other nations and play it with clear message, and that clear message would be a clear and aggressive response.

I will be the last person to condone wrongdoing from any side. Have the armed forces made mistakes? I am sure they have. Although, there is a major difference between malignant intent as opposed to unintentional and innocent mistakes.

Civilian rulers have a malignant intent in Pakistan. When Nawaz Sharif stands up in broad daylight and screams that Pakistan is responsible for Mumbai attacks that is malicious intent to harm Pak standing. This is the reason why our enemy India sides with Nawaz Sharif. When Nawaz Sharif shores up millions of stolen taxpayers money in offshore bank accounts that is malicious intent to harm Pak economy. Nawaz Sharif and civilian rulers in general have not lived up to expectation. Despite being elected multiple times they have resorted to mass corruption and undermined democracy. The civilian rulers of Pakistan are the enemy of the system that elects them, namely democracy. Other forces have to step in, take charge and rectify the mess.

The mistakes committed by the armed forces are not malicious in nature. They are not meant to harm the interests of Pakistan. Nevertheless, we need to condemn all mistakes, but we will make the distinction.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom