What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

Guys in the US and Canada especially. I am looking for a good Whey Isolate (prefer unflavored, natural) to replace ON Whey concentrate which I had been using for years. Any recommendations.

Not is US or Canada .......... but given to my habit of "tu man na man may tayra mehman" ....... can I ask something related to this?

Are you aware of the ingredients in Whey protein products? What is your purpose of using Whey protein? How much do you use, the quantity and the frequency?

I work out 3 or 4x a week (benching, lifting, squats,) I take one serving immediately after a workout. At night I take casein. Sometimes I take it in the morning as well if I feel sore and judge that I need more protein than I get from my diet.

Whey is a natural protein found in milk, casein as well.

I feel like this is the only way for me to gain muscle and maintain it as my diet is not protein rich enough. It also helps me maintain my ideal body.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

I don't live in rural Punjab where chatti di lassi is readily available, lol.

I keep ordering the one from Whole Foods from the US - the grass fed one. Prefer it to ON.

Yes, whole foods' products are very good. I have noticed a decline in ON quality and frankly sick of sucralose which I find in every whey concentrate product.

Going to try Whey isolate and see how it goes.

I too don't live in rural Punjab. But that's not an excuse. Chicken, beef, nuts are still available right?

I work out 3 or 4x a week (benching, lifting, squats,) I take one serving immediately after a workout. At night I take casein. Sometimes I take it in the morning as well if I feel sore and judge that I need more protein than I get from my diet.

I feel like this is the only way for me to gain muscle and maintain it as my diet is not protein rich enough. It also helps me maintain my ideal body.

hmmmmmm what's your age? Its not the protein that is the issue here, its few others mentioned on the packing. Do you suffer from bloating baby feeling?

Yes, whole foods' products are very good. I have noticed a decline in ON quality and frankly sick of sucralose which I find in every whey concentrate product.

Going to try Whey isolate and see how it goes.
Isolate is marginally better - lesser carbs per scoop. But in terms of actual difference, I doubt if it makes much of it.

hmmmmmm what's your age? Its not the protein that is the issue here, its few others mentioned on the packing. Do you suffer from bloating baby feeling?

No, but sucralose and artificial flavors don't bode well with me. I hate the taste and feeling of it.

No, but sucralose and artificial flavors don't bode well with me. I hate the taste and feeling of it.

ON chocolate flavor is not that "heavy". The thing is there is sodium and cholesterol in there. Unless you up the intake of potassium and do some serious training I won't recommend taking it more frequent. And I find taking it pre workout (once in two weeks) more helpful. Whenever I take it, it's a shortcut a quick fix, but I do mix dates, almond and milk in that shake. Normally 2 hours before workout.

You know you have to believe it to achieve it. These remain quick fixes.

ON chocolate flavor is not that "heavy". The thing is there is sodium and cholesterol in there. Unless you up the intake of potassium and do some serious training I won't recommend taking it more frequent. And I find taking it pre workout (once in two weeks) more helpful. Whenever I take it, it's a shortcut a quick fix, but I do mix dates, almond and milk in that shake. Normally 2 hours before workout.

You know you have to believe it to achieve it. These remain quick fixes.

I'm ordering some natural unflavored, grass-fed whey isolate from Bulk Supplements.com through Amazon. I read alot about it and it seems to have good reviews. Will get back to you guys on it how I like it compared to ON.

Im finding Krav Maga very practical.

Learnt defense against chokes, stick attack, knife attack, 3rd Party protection. Sparring with fellow partners with protective gear for punches and kicks. boxing technique, concentrating on foot work.
Defense in cramped space, against tall person-short person-heavy person, gripped on the ground (related to BJJ).

Also what to speak, signal, shout and call for help in different scenarios. Alert use of peripheral vision while walking between crowd. Body language. Human anatomy, face and body expressions. Human behaviour.

It concentrates on targeting eyes and groin, to bring a person down within 3-5 seconds and escape.

I keep ordering the one from Whole Foods from the US - the grass fed one. Prefer it to ON.
I love the marketing....the grass fed one.

Whey is the liquid element of yoghurt.
Its dried and powder is sold as whey protein with lots of other ingredients that are not so nice.
Grass fed my foot...
Who is checking. Organic industry is a big lie

On a personal note. I train daily
I eat fresh foods and do not take suppliments. I am in pretty good shape. Fit and strong alhumdulillah. Not a total ripped body but not too far.

I love the marketing....the grass fed one.

Whey is the liquid element of yoghurt.
Its dried and powder is sold as whey protein with lots of other ingredients that are not so nice.
Grass fed my foot...
Who is checking. Organic industry is a big lie

On a personal note. I train daily
I eat fresh foods and do not take suppliments. I am in pretty good shape. Fit and strong alhumdulillah. Not a total ripped body but not too far.
I know the grass fed thing is b.s. - but I was just pointing out the product available under the whole foods brand name.

A few other things:

1. No punching on skull or back of head, that can cause death. Same for neck. If back side of head is to be hit, use lower side of palm.
2. Don't hit in a manner so the person lands his head on concrete. The punch doesn't cause death, the fall on head does.
3. Hit on vulnerable parts (eyes/groin) so the person falls on his knees.
4. Hit to kill only, if the intent of person is to kill you (carrying knife/weapon or a death threat or already killed someone)

Back
Top Bottom