What's new

The growing community of Pakistani Texans

Karachi exodus in the 90s with lax immigration laws(sister as wife immigrants) but more importantly no state tax and generally cheap living.

Immigrants usually head to big cities on the east and west coast, but these days immigrants are going directly to cheaper states like Texas. Houston has become the most cosmopolitan city in Texas. The number of immigrants in that city is just mind-blowing.

NYC and Texas have a lot of Pakistanis. I expect this to grow in the next coming years in other states.
people moving out of NYC, its becoming a total s***show
Pakistanis are everywhere nowadays from small cities of NYS, NYC suburbs etc, its growing

But in NYS you'd barely see anyone outside of Punjabi and Pashtun Pakistanis, like I never met a Karachi guy in NY in HS or university and I met people from Baluchistan of all places!!

so clearly southern Pakistanis hate the cold weather lol
In Texas its probably the exact opposite I believe

I wonder if we have a decent Pakistani community in California?

NYC and Texas have a lot of Pakistanis. I expect this to grow in the next coming years in other states.
Pakistanis are everywhere nowadays from small cities of NYS, NYC suburbs etc, its growing

But in NYS you'd barely see anyone outside of Punjabi and Pashtun Pakistanis, like I never met a Karachi guy in NY in HS or university and I met people from Baluchistan of all places!!

Hmmm, would be interesting to know as I have no relatives in North America. Fascinates me how our people got across the seas to the states.

There isn't that many Pakistanis in Florida tho. California has everyone and every community. I think next 10 years we will see more communities pop out. Chicago has a lot of Pakistanis.

All the Karachi wala are in Houston/Dallas/Texas. NYC is full of Punjabis. DC area has decent amount of Pakistanis too.

Hmmm, would be interesting to know as I have no relatives in North America. Fascinates me how our people got across the seas to the states.

Most Pakistanis in USA are either on student/investment/shaadi visas. Or they get sponsored. There isn't that much of a history as most migration took place during Reagan era.

There isn't that many Pakistanis in Florida tho. California has everyone and every community. I think next 10 years we will see more communities pop out. Chicago has a lot of Pakistanis.

All the Karachi wala are in Houston/Dallas/Texas. NYC is full of Punjabis. DC area has decent amount of Pakistanis too.

Most Pakistanis in USA are either on student/investment/shaadi visas. Or they get sponsored. There isn't that much of a history as most migration took place during Reagan era.
Not just NYC whole of New York state is flooded with Punjab from small cities like Gujrat, Sargodha to big cities like Lahore with clusters of KP people here and there
maybe only Albany is kinda different, you see some diversity in Pak cammunity

Most working class people came during Reagan era but if you're educated it's a mix bag tbh

Karachi exodus in the 90s with lax immigration laws(sister as wife immigrants) but more importantly no state tax and generally cheap living.

Property prices are half or one third of California. Which is a huge draw. And lots of companies moved there from both coasts.

My doctor friends tell me that there are large communities of Pakistanis in both Dallas and Houston, in the medical field especially.

In Dallas, probably around Plano where current resident scholar Yasir Qadhi leads the congregation at EPIC.

This happens in the first generation. I don't know if their kids will disperse or not.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom