What's new

The Greatest Generals of World

I personally admire Genghis Khan (Temuchin) a lot. His outstanding commanding abilities not only united the always fighting tribes but also constructed a great empire named Mongolia.

Though he was brutal and nearly a savage but this fear of his, helped him to advance in lands without a fight. Due to his policies and abilities Mongols became so powerful that because of them the Crusaders and Muslims who were fighting for nearly 300 years agreed on an agreement to unite against Mongols. In the Battle of Ain-Jalut Muslim forces were allowed to advance through the lands of Christians to resist the Mongols, which proved to be a full-stop for Mongolian expansion. Though it was many years after the death of Genghis Khan

On Second place I would place Salahuddin Ayubi (Saladin). He not only regained the control of Jerusalem from Crusaders, destroyed the forces of crusaders in the Battle of Hattins for despite of the best fighters of Europe gathered in the holy land he was capable of keeping them away from acheiving their primary goal of getting Jerusalem.

He single handedly was able to resist the three great kings of europe, Richard of England, Phillips of France and forces of Fredrick Barbarrossa which were in a small number and in low moral because of the sudden and tragic death of the Holy Roman Emperor.

And at the last he founded the Ayubids Dynesty.

My third vote will be for Adolf Hitler without explaining reasons.

And fourth will be for Attila the Hun, how did I forget him.

KIT Over n Out

For me the best General are number wise

1 Hazrat Muhammad S.A.W
2 Hazrat Siddique e Akbar
2 Hazrat Omar
3 And rest of all sahaba

and later on from my cast ( turks)

Sultan Muhammad Fateh
Sultan BAYAZEED Yaldaram
Sultan Menmood Ghznavi
SULTAN TAIMOOR ..........thanks bor maiking me a pakistani as our ancestors were one of them and they stayed in south asia when taimoor lane arrive there
and last ourangzebalamgeer

i dont like halako khan and changez though both were mangolian tatarians turks but i hate them

I personally admire Genghis Khan (Temuchin) a lot. His outstanding commanding abilities not only united the always fighting tribes but also constructed a great empire named Mongolia.

Though he was brutal and nearly a savage but this fear of his, helped him to advance in lands without a fight. Due to his policies and abilities Mongols became so powerful that because of them the Crusaders and Muslims who were fighting for nearly 300 years agreed on an agreement to unite against Mongols. In the Battle of Ain-Jalut Muslim forces were allowed to advance through the lands of Christians to resist the Mongols, which proved to be a full-stop for Mongolian expansion. Though it was many years after the death of Genghis Khan

I dont agree that Mongols were stopped from expansion because of any external reasons. They unfortunately stopped their expansion because of the death of Genghis Khan and then forward due to internal debate on who will be the next Khan to lead. As there was no agreement and Khans adopted the local customs, they assimilated into multiple cultures and lands of their own.

On Second place I would place Salahuddin Ayubi (Saladin). He not only regained the control of Jerusalem from Crusaders, destroyed the forces of crusaders in the Battle of Hattins for despite of the best fighters of Europe gathered in the holy land he was capable of keeping them away from acheiving their primary goal of getting Jerusalem.

He single handedly was able to resist the three great kings of europe, Richard of England, Phillips of France and forces of Fredrick Barbarrossa which were in a small number and in low moral because of the sudden and tragic death of the Holy Roman Emperor.

And at the last he founded the Ayubids Dynesty.

Saladin can be ranked higher because of his personality, charisma and his good behavior. But he did not win the war single handedly. He did have overwhelming support of other Calphite and Muslim rulers.

Hilter was great ruler for initial part of his country, whereas he moved Germany from rusty post-world war I days to powerful nations. His end did not serve the country well either. How can you rank some one high when he destroyed everything he had build and more?

do you know that Genghis khan impregnated so many women that many Mongoloids can trace their genes back to Genghis...
his siege of Persia was amazingly coordinated(or was it Ogatai)
the only war he lost was against Japan...where the Samurai prayed to their sea-god...and their entire fleet was ravaged by a sea -storm...
my personal favorite too...he was truly nobel...more chivalrous than the kings of europe...even after winning the war allowed the Christians safe pilgrimage into Jerusalem...
Fredrick Barbarrossa which were in a small number and in low moral because of the sudden and tragic death of the Holy Roman Emperor.
funny king that Barbarossa...fought so many battles achieved nothing...the Holy Roman empire was a farce...the same saxons were responsible for the original Roman empire's breaking up...

over-rated...not a good military planner...but a good orator.
all the amazingly perfect blitzkrieg plans were not his brain child...but that of his planners...
And fourth will be for Attila the Hun, how did I forget him.
broke the back of the roman empire...

I dont agree that Mongols were stopped from expansion because of any external reasons. They unfortunately stopped their expansion because of the death of Genghis Khan and then forward due to internal debate on who will be the next Khan to lead. As there was no agreement and Khans adopted the local customs, they assimilated into multiple cultures and lands of their own.

Genghis Khan died in 1227 and Mongol expansion continued till 1294. After Genghis Khan his work was taken over by Ogatai and Halagu (Halaku) Khan, Kublai Khan was Genghis Khan's grandson.

be8d77633339b60ff5098b9899f1c91d.png

Mongol Empire at the time of Death of Genghis Khan

133481c7c00ecca6bc44fb360ad291b6.gif

Mongolian Expansion

Saladin can be ranked higher because of his personality, charisma and his good behavior. But he did not win the war single handedly. He did have overwhelming support of other Calphite and Muslim rulers.

Well that you say but I believe without doubt he won single handedly. Before him the Muslim leaders Nur Ad-Din and Imad Ad-Din both took help of other Muslim rulers but were not that much succesful. But it was Saladin's planning which draged the Christian Jerusalem's army into dry desert and therefore defeated them. His technique at Kerak and peace efforts with Richard I are also admirable. Indeed he had numbers, like 200,000 men only in Damascus on his disposal but these were required to threaten any European king.

Hilter was great ruler for initial part of his country, whereas he moved Germany from rusty post-world war I days to powerful nations. His end did not serve the country well either. How can you rank some one high when he destroyed everything he had build and more?

Hitler's case is a unique one despite of his notoriousness I placed him at third because of his military skills. Though there were mistakes in his military planning like attacking Russia and bombing London without much gain, he was still able to get much though not all. I agree even the Germans dont consider him a great leader now a days but as a General atleast I can not deny him.

KIT Over

do you know that Genghis khan impregnated so many women that many Mongoloids can trace their genes back to Genghis...

No, Sir, I did not know that. And yes it was Halagu who outraged Baghdad.

my personal favorite too...he was truly nobel...more chivalrous than the kings of europe...even after winning the war allowed the Christians safe pilgrimage into Jerusalem...

:agree: Great policy to cool down a fire that has burnet for centuries.

funny king that Barbarossa...fought so many battles achieved nothing...the Holy Roman empire was a farce...the same saxons were responsible for the original Roman empire's breaking up...

Except slapping the back of Henry the Lion.

broke the back of the roman empire...

:agree: Both Eastern and Western.

KIT Over

the only war he lost was against Japan...where the Samurai prayed to their sea-god...and their entire fleet was ravaged by a sea -storm...
A King or an emperor used to take many wives. Monied or powerful men still do so. Not only that, many women would fondly become a wife or concubine of a strong and famous personality. So, it is no wonder if Cenghis Khan have many descendents.

Even the gretest Chinese philosopher, who lived about 2500 years ago, has known descendents numbering 2 million. With unknown descendents the number swells to 3 million. In case of Chengis Khan, he lived in the early 13th century. So, with or without more than one wife, it is possible that Chengiz Khan may also have a million descendents to day.

But, I have read one thing about him. He never abandoned his first wife.She was abducted and then impregnated by one of his rivals, but he fought and took her back when she was pregnant. It is not Ogatai, but another son who was not given any share of the empire because his father was not Chengis Khan.

About Japan invasion, it was attempted at the time of his grandson Kublai Khan, the Emperor of China.

Last edited:
For me the best General are number wise

1 Hazrat Muhammad S.A.W
2 Hazrat Siddique e Akbar
2 Hazrat Omar
3 And rest of all sahaba

/QUOTE]

No human can compete with our Holy Prophet (PBUH) first and foremost because he had divine guidance thru ‘Wahee’. Therefore comparing him with any one else is out of the question. For the rest one can only go by whom our holy Prophet ( PBUH) appointed as Commanders or Military leaders in the various wars and ‘Ghazawas’ during his life time or those Sehabas who were later appointed Commanders by the Rashideeen.

These were:

Hazrat Ali (RA)
Khalid bin Walid (RA)
Zaid bin Harith (RA)
Osama bin Zaid (RA)
Jaafer bin Abi Talib (RA)
Saad bin Abu Waqqas (RA)
Abdullah bin Rawaha (RA)
Abu Ubaida bin Jarrah ( RA)
Amr bin Al Aaas (RA)

Fighting ability is different from piety. Some great Sehabas such as Hazrat Osman (RA) were not great military men. Hazrat Abu Zarr Ghaffari (RA), considered the most pious Muslim after the Prophet (PBUH) himself was not among the Muslim commanders. On the other hand Prophet’s uncle, Hazrat Hamza bin Abdul Muttalib (RA) was considered the foremost military man as long as he was alive.

IMO this post is an illustration of an extremely myopic outlook. I am a Muslim too and hold all of the Sehabas in very high esteem. But to count the names listed above as the best generals in world is a travesty of historical facts.

Last edited:
How can you possibly quantify that in terms of greatness, dose injustice to the greats such as:

[*]Yamashita Tomoyuki
[*]Sun Tzu
[*]Napoleon Bonaparte
[*]Hannibal

but to name a few, they in their own special way were equally great based on their doctrine and art on and off the battlefield.

Can any one prove greatest general who conqoured largest area of world other than

1. Ghangez Khan,
2.Temur Lang
3.Napoleon

Open challenge?????

Can any one prove greatest general who conqoured largest area of world other than

1. Ghangez Khan,
2.Temur Lang
3.Napoleon

Open challenge?????

One great Muslim general who is not so well known is Nadir Shah Afshar (1698-1747). Towards the end of Safavids era (1730), Afghans invaded and captured Isfahan, the Safavid capital. Ottoman Turks and Russian Czar took advantage of the chaos and captured large parts of Iranian territory.

The king turned to the Afhsar Turkeman Tribal Chief, Nadir Quli for help. Nadir Shah successfully repelled the invading Afghans and defeated Ottomans to recapture major chunk of the territory back. Had Nadir Shah not been forced to rush east to crush the Adbali rebellion, Turkish and Iraqi Kurdistan (previously part of Iran) would have been reclaimed as well. In 1735 he signed a treaty with Russian Czar who returned captured Iranian territories of Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan. In 1736 he had himself elected the Shah of Iran.

In 1738 he captured Kandhar, Kabul and Balkh. Defeated Mohammed Shah Rangila, the Delhi emperor at Karnal in 1739. In 1740 he captured Khanate of Khiva in Central Asia and recovered Bahrain from the Ottomans. In 1743 he captured Oman.

By the time of his death in 1747, he had all of modern Iran, Afghanistan, and parts of Armenia, Georgia, Daghistan and parts of Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan, Bahrain, Oman as well as all of Pakistani Baluchistan under his control. He was a military genious and historians call him Iranian Napolean.

For me, the legendary Field Marshall Erich Von Manstein is the greatest military commander of the POST-NAPOLEONIC ERA.

The SICKLE STROKE in the BATTLE OF FRANCE
The BATTLE of KIRCH PENINSULA
THE THIRD BATTLE OF KHARKOV

Greatest Generals of The World

How about the one who started from dusts & alone. gathered ppl one-by-one & then in groups*... & faught & conquered... Prophet Muhammad.

110:2:اورآپ نے لوگوں کو الله کے دین میں جوق در جوق داخل ہوتے دیکھ لیا

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom