What's new

The Great Game Changer: Belt and Road Intiative (BRI; OBOR)

Russia lost about 60 billions USD in stock market last night bcz of Crime tension, has China provided any finance support to Russia yet ??

Russia lost about 60 billions USD in stock market last night bcz of Crime tension, has China provided any finance support to Russia yet ??

Russia stock exchange plunged, but Russia didn't lose any money. The fund are from foreign investors to begin with. 1000 years of Confucius influence on you have gone to waste.

Last edited:
In order to topple USD you need to sign up major oil producing nations. Let's see who is ready..
arabs ?
Canadians?
Americans?
Venezuela?
Russia?
Iran?

In recent weeks, all eyes have been on a revisionist regime dissatisfied with the post-Cold War status quo, convinced of the geopolitical necessity of and historical right to a hegemonic self-centric regional order, dedicated to the long-term job security of its political leaders, and driven by enduring, geographically-imposed security concerns. What country does this describe? Before Russian aggression in Crimea, the obvious answer would be China. Without a Chinese Putin, China has to take a backseat to Russia as the leading revisionist power.

China, of course, is not Russia. While the two have many differences, the similarities should not be ignored. Since the break-up of the Soviet Union, Moscow’s leaders have not been content to simply accept Russia’s standing as a middling, if nuclear-armed, power. Vladimir Putin described the collapse as the 20th century’s “greatest geopolitical catastrophe.” He was not joking.

The Chinese Communist Party, for its part, likes talking about the “century of humiliation,” in which Western powers and Japan reduced China from the dominant force in Asia to a weak power. Restoring China to its rightful place atop the Asian hierarchy is a central goal of the CCP, which has successfully convinced the Chinese people that it serves as the vanguard of Chinese rejuvenation.

In both the Russian and Chinese cases, historical narratives and ideas about a proper order drive policies aimed at shifting both regional and global balances of power. In both countries, national security leaders believe that international politics is a zero-sum game. Chinese leaders like to talk about “win-win” outcomes, but even Beijing’s proposal to Washington of a “new type of great power relations” seems to mean that China want the keys to the kingdom of international primacy without resistance.

China Is Like Russia | The Weekly Standard

Russia took back Crimea without bloodshed.

China took back my own city of Hong Kong without bloodshed too. And China also got its land back from Tajikistan without bloodshed either.

The idea to to become to overwhelmingly powerful that you can "win without fighting".

China's GDP in 2013 was $9.3 trillion, and we double our GDP every 5-7 years. Soon we will be at a stage where we can win without fighting again. China is still a developing country, when we finally become a developed country we will have plenty of power and plenty to spare as well.

Last edited:
@Chinese-Dragon Not to mention that within 5 to 7 years from now, Chinese domestic market will be the driver of Chinese economic growth - which is absolutely critical as China can have far more options in its foreign policy. At the same time, we should import more than we export. In fact, I encourage China to run trade surplus as well as developing our financial market. Using HongKong as Chicago and Shanghai as New York City is in my humble view the solution to further develop our financial market. HongKong as the leader in option, derivative market and Shanghai as the de facto clearing house for all RMB.

Furthermore, having the largest market is extremely powerful tool. China in the 5 years from now can shut down Japan.Inc if it ever dares to challenge our supremacy in Asia.

Remember, economic might is military might. Without economic might, military might is just an illusion.

PS. I think China's peaceful annexation of Hong Kong differentiates us from India regarding Goa. :) Besides, India's demography ominously resembles that of Soviet Union. :)

@Chinese-Dragon Not to mention that within 5 to 7 years from now, Chinese domestic market will be the driver of Chinese economic growth - which is absolutely critical as China can have far more options in its foreign policy. At the same time, we should import more than we export. In fact, I encourage China to run trade surplus as well as developing our financial market. Using HongKong as Chicago and Shanghai as New York City is in my humble view the solution to further develop our financial market. HongKong as the leader in option, derivative market and Shanghai as the de facto clearing house for all RMB.

Furthermore, having the largest market is extremely powerful tool. China in the 5 years from now can shut down Japan.Inc if it ever dares to challenge our supremacy in Asia.

Remember, economic might is military might. Without economic might, military might is just an illusion.

PS. I think China's peaceful annexation of Hong Kong differentiates us from India regarding Goa. :) Besides, India's demography ominously resembles that of Soviet Union. :)

I'm a Hong Konger myself, and I remember the 1997 Handover very clearly.

(My family was one of the very first families to arrive in HK hundreds of years ago, so we are considered native Hong Kongers.)

I was never scared of the Mainland. In fact I always considered the PLA to be "my army", and I always considered China to be "my country". Even before the handover, I always felt that way. :cheers: :china:

My parents (and the older generation in general) were a little bit more skeptical, but they have generally come to terms with it as well. The younger generation is much better about it, since they are now growing up in a Hong Kong that is part of the PRC.

@

Japan just simply shift its companies to VN, and from Cat Lai port in Hai Phong(very near China )Japan will export its product to China again.

Poor Chinese lost its job coz Japan shift its companies and investment to VN, but China still be flooded with Japan products that 'made in VN' :laugh:

Japan just simply shift its companies to VN, and from Cat Lai port in Hai Phong(very near China )Japan will export its product to China again.

Poor Chinese lost its job coz Japan shift its companies and investment to VN, but China still be flooded with Japan products that 'made in VN' :laugh:
I suppose you have forgotten to take your daily dose of Agent Orange and Napalm.
Remember, half a table spoon, twice a day.

I'm a Hong Konger myself, and I remember the 1997 Handover very clearly.

(My family was one of the very first families to arrive in HK hundreds of years ago, so we are considered native Hong Kongers.)

I was never scared of the Mainland. In fact I always considered the PLA to be "my army", and I always considered China to be "my country". Even before the handover, I always felt that way. :cheers: :china:

My parents (and the older generation in general) were a little bit more skeptical, but they have generally come to terms with it as well. The younger generation is much better about it, since they are now growing up in a Hong Kong that is part of the PRC.
I wish China abolish the dual citizenship hk people have. Either you are Chinese or not. Dual citizenship is just an insurance policy. It kills patriotism

Back
Top Bottom