What's new

The Great Game Changer: Belt and Road Intiative (BRI; OBOR)

And I constantly hear from Indian members that we just have to "wait and see", and that India will join the P5 in a few years time.

I would tag them, but I don't remember their names. No need either, all the old threads regarding UNSC reform are preserved on this site.

The basic underlying fact is that the P5 members are not going to dilute their own veto power. It makes no sense at all.

Okay. Please just let it be..
I have always asked what marginal benefit would india being a member of UNSC bring to the organisation ? The answer I got was - a billion people would be represented. To me those facts doesn't matter. A failing country like Italy with 100 times less population has similar GDP as you guys.

How has the rest of the countries benefited UNSC ? not to mention America who is expert at bypassing or finding loopholes in the UN to constantly fight wars with either one country or the other. India is a regional power, carries considerable influence and is a rapidly growing economy if UN had any semblance rational thought, they would include India. But its not about peace its about power and influence. Which is just a Mirage as all the 5 countries wants to go 5 different ways...

How has the rest of the countries benefited UNSC ? not to mention America who is expert at bypassing or finding loopholes in the UN to constantly fight wars with either one country or the other. India is a regional power, carries considerable influence and is a rapidly growing economy if UN had any semblance rational thought, they would include India. But its not about peace its about power and influence. Which is just a Mirage as all the 5 countries wants to go 5 different ways...

Like on what ? Give specifics

And I constantly hear from Indian members that we just have to "wait and see", and that India will join the P5 in a few years time.

I would tag them, but I don't remember their names. No need either, all the old threads regarding UNSC reform are preserved on this site.

The basic underlying fact is that the P5 members are not going to dilute their own veto power. It makes no sense at all.

They would but the pros have to outweigh the cons.

Cons is UNSC will become a clusterfck and I am yet to see an indian member highlighting any Pros.

Regional influence in South Asia , Leading BBIN , BRICS member ,Second most influential member in the AIIB.

Regional influence in South Asia ? Like ? Quote instances !

Regional influence in South Asia ? Like ? Quote instances !

Do you know what BBIN is ?

I am yet to see an indian member highlighting any Pros.
!

lol, as if they had any Pro's to begin with. How many wars have taken place since World War 2 which has directly involved the P5 members themselves ? :lol:

Regional influence in South Asia , Leading BBIN , BRICS member ,Second most influential member in the AIIB. Has goodwill and Influence in Afghanistan and Iran..

What are you talking man ? I am asking you to quote scenarios when that influence was used. List the top 10.

Last edited:
LOL just like what everyone said will happen.

None of the UNSC members will ever give anyone veto power. Veto power is the only thing that matters in UNSC.

Wait for the Indian-bots to start crying in.....3.....2.....1 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Buddy because of UN perm security council member, russia is not under economic sanction and china is not crying for US involvement in SCS !

lol, as if they had any Pro's to begin with. How many wars have taken place since World War 2 which has directly involved the P5 members themselves ? :lol:

They didn't, agreed.

But the equity of the position in the table has grown over the years because of UN's track record howsoever bad it may be. There's no parallel to it.

I will give you a common analogy. A venture starts with it's share price equal to junk. Over the years because it managed to survive, it grew considerably. Obviously the share price would be premium after 50+ years into operations

Another basic underlying fact is that the chairs of P5 veto members are made by hard and real power, not boastful yet begging style of Indian rhetorics.

Buddy because of UN perm security council member, russia is not under economic sanction and china is not crying for US involvement in SCS !

well, guys ,pls remember:

1.it is because UNSC has P5 as its big daddies that UNSC is something important.

it is not because P5 has the veto of UNSC that P5 are somebody mighty
it is always because of their powerful industry/decent R&D ,instead of "Veto" ,that P5 are mighty

2. UNSC is just a tool of P5 keeping their political previldges.

if UNSC doesn't not obey P5 or are not useful any more , P5 would just set up another alternatives tool and abadon UNSC as used toiliet tissues..

In fact, they did so with "the league of Nation" last time.

well, guys ,pls remember:

it is because UNSC has P5 as its big daddies that UNSC is something important.

it is not because P5 has the veto of UNSC that P5 are somebody mighty

it is always because of their powerful industry/decent R&D ,instead of "Veto" ,that P5 are mighty

Powerful industry & recent R&D then Japan and Gemany will be the likely candidate than some of the members.The P5 is an outdated one with old world war legacy !

What are you talking man ? I am quoting scenarios when that influence was used. List the top 10.

1. India supported Vietnam's independence from France, opposed American involvement in the Vietnam War, and supported unification of Vietnam. During the Vietnam War, India supported the North, albeit not by conducting military hostilities against the South. This can be contrasted with the policies of the US, who strongly supported the South and engaged in military conflict with the North, albeit without issuing an official declaration of war.

2.1971 war Liberation of Bangladesh

3. LTTE, Not the best example, but there you go... and it happened. LTTE was also destroyed using help from India

4. India's economic presence and goodwill in Afghanistan has grown considerably ever since 9/11

5. Farkhor Air force base along with Ayni Air force base in Tajakistan is operated by IAF along with Tajakistan Air force

6. Sri Lanka freeing considerable amount of Indian fisherman after speaking with the PM directly, it has happened more than once already. Also conspiracy theories by Rajapaksha, former President claiming India was responsible for his election loss.

7. Recently and in the past India has had good enough relations with Myanmar to ask them to fight militants in their territory. Currently we even have the right to cross over to Myanmar and take them down

8. Bangladesh: Visit the Bangladesh section for all kinds of conspiracy theories, the new bangla govt. has been for some reason extremely friendly towards India..

It's ok, is shitty place to be anyways, India will do whatever it damn pleases, being part of the UNSC only impairs that freedom.

Back
Top Bottom