What's new

The Great Game Changer: Belt and Road Intiative (BRI; OBOR)

Geographically the Spratleys are closest to Malaysia and the Philipines. The 2 countries have been open and fair to claims by surrounding countries.

Historically there was no southern Vietnam until the invasion on Champa in 1471-ish. The Vietnamese are late comers. A Chinese sailor by the name of Zheng He disovered the islands around 1405-1433. Zheng He sailed throughout southeast asia and to africa. Vietnamese never set foot on the Spratleys or had a valid claim to the islands until the Champa invasion and after annexing Champa which is now known as central and southern Vietnam.

Austronesians were sailing and fishing on these islands before Vietnamese and Chinese. Austronesians were the greatest seafarers in ancient time you can find their descendants still living in Madagascar islands. Vietnam controls over 50%, greedy? Learn to share.

Ancient map of Vietnam and Champa.

Map-of-southeast-asia_1000_-_1100_CE.png

382px-VietnamChampa1.gif

china be a man attack the russians or indians or vietnamese or the philippinos or the japanese or the south koreans or the americans or the jews, but stop attacking the defenseless tibetans and uighurs.

Already happened. I think India should stop attacking helpless tribals and Muslims and Kashmiris. Unlike China, India has never dared go to war against a major power. The biggest European power they attacked in all of history was Portugal :lol:

Already happened. I think India should stop attacking helpless tribals and Muslims and Kashmiris. Unlike China, India has never dared go to war against a major power. The biggest European power they attacked in all of history was Portugal :lol:

China needs to stop killing innocent people in Xinxiang and Tibet first of all before you can question other nations.

China needs to stop killing innocent people in Xinxiang and Tibet first of all before you can question other nations.

Hans are being killed by Uighurs and Tibetans, not the other way around. Just because someone is weak, doesn't mean they're innocent.

Bollocks!

If we talk about historical claims Champa/Malay people would own the spratelys. Vietnamese were in the red river delta. The islands were occupied by austronesians long before you viets came around, therefore the Chinese have equal claim.

Your country is not so innocent my friend, china is giving you a taste of your own medicine. Lol. How about the cay island invasion?

"The sixth largest Spratly island. Only 1.75 miles (2.82*km) from Northeast Cay and can be seen before the horizon. Previously a breeding place for birds and covered with trees and guano. Export of guano was once carried out "on a considerable scale." Fringing reef partly above water at high tide. Vietnam erected its first lighthouse in the Spratlys here in October 1993 and built an airstrip. Has a three-story building, garrisoned by soldiers. Philippine military controlled the island before early 1970s. South Vietnamese forces (Republic of Vietnam) invaded the island in 1975, when Filipino soldiers guarding the island attended the birthday party of their commanding officer based in the nearby Northeast Cay. A confirmed report came out that Vietnamese prostitutes were sent by Vietnamese officials to the birthday party, supposedly a sign of good brotherhood between the forces, but was actually used to lure the Filipino soldiers guarding the island. Filipino forces apparently planned on attacking the island, thus it would have led to a war, but Vietnamese forces were able to erect a huge garrison in the island within few weeks, forcing Filipino officials to abort the plan. Since then, more soldiers were assigned to Parola Island (North East Cay), to avoid it from happening again. This was confirmed by interviews with soldiers involved in an episode of the defunct ABS-CBN's Magandang Gabi Bayan (Good Evening Nation) program. See Policies, activities and history of the Philippines in Spratly Islands#Southwest Cay invasion for more details. Part of North Danger Reef."

"We own more islands because it's ours." Lol... You can't fool them all. I say everybody get the hell out of scs and let the Chinese and Vietnamese duke it out.

Wiki cay invasion

Have a look at how many islands Vietnam occupies, greedy? Learn to share my friend. You can't take all for self. Lol

wiki/Spratly_Islands_dispute

My friend, you did not know that present Vietnam is "the United of DaiViet state and Champa state"? So we inherit all things of the Daiviet and Champa ago.

what? yapping like your leaders and not being taken seriously?

what happened after 26/11 when your Pranab Mukhrajee begged the west not to arm the evil Pakistanis? Just days after that, we received Mar-1 missiles. So much for ''artful diplomacy'' :lol:
See how our diplomacy work...Now most of the xountries all over the world accepts the fact that Paksistan is the major exporter of terrorism....and inspite of you being one of the victim of terrorism{Althrough because of your own deeds}....we made sure countries all over recognise you as a culprit....that's what we call diplomacy....

and their Navy is free to give its reply too

should be fun to watch; i think South China Sea will be one of the new flashpoints in the next few years given its strategic importance
fun to watch what....your friend being isolated....Now don't tell me Paksistan will station its Aircraft carrier to safe guard China's Interest.....Come on yaar they already Have Viets,Japan,Australia,America,Philipines,South Korea,India agaist them.....Russia will be the Huge Bear Cherry on the cake

Man ye china hai Rajnikant nhi

My friend, you did not know that present Vietnam is "the United of DaiViet state and Champa state"? So we inherit all things of the Daiviet and Champa ago.

I wanted to show more than the one sided views I've been seeing tossed around on d.pk. Vietnamese claims to the islands come after annexing Champa before then their was nothing. A Chinese sailor discovered the islands before the annexation of Champa Vietnam. China also has a valid historical claim, same to the PI and m'asia. For you to say Vietnam owns and occupies more than 50% because they are historically your shows your arrogance and ignorance.

Anyway this is not a US problem, however, we will protect our PI friend. We'll sit back and watch the Viets and Chinese duke it out. We haven't forgot about the French and Vietnam war ya know??

I wanted to show more than the one sided views I've been seeing tossed around on d.pk. Vietnamese claims to the islands come after annexing Champa before then their was nothing. A Chinese sailor discovered the islands before the annexation of Champa Vietnam. China also has a valid historical claim, same to the PI and m'asia. For you to say Vietnam owns and occupies more than 50% because they are historically your shows your arrogance and ignorance.

Anyway this is not a US problem, however, we will protect our PI friend. We'll sit back and watch the Viets and Chinese duke it out. We haven't forgot about the French and Vietnam war ya know??

I reminder you that America discovered by Clistoff Columbus not Britain citizen, but North America belong to England first before it became independent country as Unite States today.

Related to sovereignty of any country is that: Who exercised official administration first.

Vietnam don't have problem with Malaysia, Vietnam and Malaysia submitted to UN common request under UNCLOS in 2009.
I think Vietnam and Philippine can solve it by peaceful negotiation.

Daiviet and Champa have merged become Vietnam today.
Please tell me, how a country smaller and weaker like Vietnam can possess the islands, when it was managed by China?
Note that we have managed peacefully two archipelago from the 15th century, not used any force to rob them.
You said that"A Chinese sailor discovered the islands before the annexation of Champa Vietnam". What do you have anything to prove it?
And does that mean? Can compare him with Cristoforo Colombo?

Integrated Xinhua news agency, Turkey's prime minister Erdogan stated heated rhetoric criticism of the United Nations Security Council, said that this mechanism has defects on the crisis in Syria, and accused the one or two permanent members of the Security Council " to the crisis in Syria is responsible for.Xinhua News Agency yesterday released articles condemn Turkey irresponsible speech. The article said, from sorts of signs, Ankara is not only tough on the Syria issue , and more and more acts recklessly remarks on permanent members of the UN Security Council.

Chinese news source

The Russian Defense Ministry sources said Saturday, the Russian military is discussed in June this year, the Russian Pacific Fleet and Beihai fleet at sea the Chinese naval real live-fire exercises, exercise locations in Japan Haidabide Bay; in addition, the Russian " peace mission in -2013 " air army joint military exercises are high-level multiple round.

Belonging to the information bureau of the Russian Defense Ministry of the Russian " Red Star " TV " to serve the country " column says, this year the Russian navy in the sea of Japan joint exercises, signed between the Russian Defense Minister Shoigu to visit Beijing, and signed " peace mission two army -2013 " Russia-China joint anti-terror exercise. At present, Russia and China are in active negotiations.

Russia said the Russian Navy League play, this will be the largest " ". In fact, precisely, is " Russia navy in recent years the largest ", may have more than 20 ships, tugs are included. The predicted joint exercises out ship number equivalence, estimation of Russia will each 10 ships, but in last year's joint exercises in the Yellow Sea is the result of 16 Chinese naval ship, the Russian Pacific fleet includes tug, a total of 7 vessels.

Russian military experts believe that, this will be held military exercises at sea bright spot is " crossing " and " cooperative ", followed by the exercise scenario that joint maritime defense and meet operational, seize the theater air, sea, electromagnetic power cooperative.

Russian experts said, China Sea fleet will pass through the Tsushima Strait or the Korea Strait, China Sea fleet if can pass through the soya strait between Russia and Japan, after a series of chain between Russian controlled, directly into the North Pacific, it can be called on the U.S. - Japan is a " shake ".

It is reported, in addition to the Russian Navy League play in the sea of Japan, Russia's " peace mission -2013 " joint anti-terror exercise is brewing, this is the second in 2007 Russia and Lu Kongjun in the territory of the Russian joint exercises, and a massive rally. Russia's proposals will exercise set in Russia and central car Ya Bing, Keqiebaerkuli training field, the two sides are consultations.

Sea_of_Japan_Map_en.png

The war will start in the East China Sea and end in Tokyo! :china:

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom