What's new

The Great Game Changer: Belt and Road Intiative (BRI; OBOR)

Saudi Arabia and Angola still remain as the #1 and 2 exporters to China
I think we should import more from Venezuela so as to help them out with their depressing economy and debt repayments to us.
Cost of transporting oil is another main concern too.
371644456105aaf7974c0dfd03a63da0.gif

Time to buy up and fill up every decrepit oil tanker available。

Cease or cut domestic production,send the oil workers home and have them on standby for 80% salary。:bunny:

The air defense system of the 052D is already more advanced than anything produced in Russia, including S-400.

Ji61iWq.jpg
So why will you buy it?

PS - Please don't take this as trolling, I seriously wanna know. All foreign media have been portraying it as a major decision taken by Russia after western sanctions to help China which desperately wanted it.

I request you to avoid trolling and engage everyone respectfully.

I'm not trolling.... its a serious question. Chinese claim they're no depending on anyone and their Techs are way better that Russians and compared to the west!!! but still why buy from Russia??

I'm not trolling.... its a serious question. Chinese claim they're no depending on anyone and their Techs are way better that Russians and compared to the west!!! but still why buy from Russia??

It could have been done more respectfully. I have indeed asked the same question, and we don't know anything, it is quite plausible that the western media is just giving everything a very wrong spin. China could be doing this (I suspect this isn't the case though) to help Russia financially for all we know...

So why will you buy it?

PS - Please don't take this as trolling, I seriously wanna know. All foreign media have been portraying it as a major decision taken by Russia after western sanctions to help China which desperately wanted it.
Why would you think we bought it? If media rather than Chinese posters on forums( that's actually very reliable, I have suspicious on why that is) have it, it doesn't mean we bought it.

IF it did, we have 300 SU-35 already.

You will learn that strategic page is not very reliable, I don't want to say how I know that exactly, well, just read their stuff, some are obvious, some are not, but that's about as good a source on Chinese weapons as is TMZ.

Strategypage? Haha, the self claimed guru whose comment is as good as steve emerson on terrorism.

I just check rosoboronexport website. No such deal exist and all Russia export will go thru this agency. Fraud news.

Look at the indian so desperate to believe this news. Thinking we have no faith on our own missile. But our missile is too advance and superior.

Air Defense: China Gets The Russian Long Arm

Air Defense: China Gets The Russian Long Arm

January 24, 2015: Russia recently revealed that it had sold China six battalions of its new S-400 anti-aircraft missile system. Each battalion will cost $500 million and includes training as well as spare parts and additional missiles. Each S-400 battalion has eight launchers, each with two missiles, plus a control center and radar and 16 missiles available as reloads. All equipment is mobile. S-400 is also known as the S-300PMU-3, SA-21 or Triumf and was renamed S-400 because it turned out to be far more than just another upgrade of the S-300 and was considered sufficiently different to warrant a name upgrade. Russia deployed its first S-400 battalion in 2010, around Moscow.

The S-400 is similar to the U.S. Patriot and pays particular attention to electronic countermeasures that the Americans might have, or be developing. The missiles are also physically larger and have longer range as well as being very expensive. Russia began seeking export sales in 2011. The S-400 missiles weigh 1.8 tons each and are 8.4 meters (26 feet) long and about 50cm (20 inches) in diameter. The missiles have a range of some 400 kilometers, and can hit targets as high as 31,000 meters (100,000 feet). The missile has a 145.5 kg (320 pound) warhead. The target acquisition radar has a range of 700 kilometers. The missiles are built to last for 15 years before needing refurbishment.

The S-400 has over twice the range of the U.S. Patriot, weighs twice as much and claims the ability to detect stealthy aircraft. The S-400 also has an anti-missile capability, which is limited to shorter range (3,500 kilometers) ballistic missiles that are within 60 kilometers of an S-400 launcher. That would mean a warhead coming in at about 5,000 meters a second (the longer the range of a ballistic missile, the higher its re-entry speed.)

The S-400 system actually has two types of missiles, one of them being smaller, with a shorter range (120 kilometers). These are deployed four to a launcher, like all other S-300 systems. The larger missile actually has two versions, one with a range of 250 kilometers and a more expensive one with a range of 400 kilometers. The S-400 has no combat experience, but U.S. intelligence believes that the tests these systems have undergone indicate it is a capable air defense weapon. Just how capable won't be known until it actually gets used in combat.

Russia plans to buy up to 200 launchers (each with two or four missiles) by 2015, and phase out the older S-300 and S-200 systems. This would mean deploying at least 18 battalions by 2017 and 56 by 2020 (or organized into 28 battalions containing two battalions each). China plans to deploy its first S-400 battalion opposite Taiwan. That one battalion can cover all Taiwanese air space. The next battalions will be deployed to deal with Japan, South Korea and Vietnam.
This means we are going to get a reverse engineered model in the near future

Why would you think we bought it? If media rather than Chinese posters on forums( that's actually very reliable, I have suspicious on why that is) have it, it doesn't mean we bought it.

IF it did, we have 300 SU-35 already.

You will learn that strategic page is not very reliable, I don't want to say how I know that exactly, well, just read their stuff, some are obvious, some are not, but that's about as good a source on Chinese weapons as is TMZ.

@Genesis : we got information, but it's hard to judge their validity.
Similar to Su-35, will China buy them?

So why will you buy it?

There's been no evidence of any sale. Furthermore, there's been no confirmation that China has any S-400s in its possession. I'd take these Russian arms sales reports with a grain of salt. On a similar note, China has been "buying" the Su-35 for 5 years now.

And the rumor that China "bought" Greece's Zubr hovercrafts was an April Fools troll post started on another Chinese defence forum that was subsequently picked up by numerous "respectable" news sites and passed off as real. (The actual article that everyone ended up quoting is full of d1ck jokes but it fooled people all the same. Read if for a cheap laugh. :lol:)

Don't believe anything you read until you actually see it in Chinese colors.

Moscow: Russia is exploring the possibility of a joint manned orbital station with India and China as part of a common strategy to create technological alliances and may take up the matter with the two Asian space giants in July.

"Moscow could propose to China and India to create a joint manned orbital station at the summit of the BRICS emerging economies in Russia's Ufa in July," a document drafted by the expert council at Russia's military and industrial commission said today.

The experts recommend "working out the possibilities of an international manned project with BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) countries as part of a common strategy of creating technological alliances", Itar Tass reported.

"We can start this work now and include the issue in the agenda of the BRICS business council in Ufa," the document reads.

In particular, Russia should make such a proposal to India and China, which have been actively developing their manned space programmes, the experts say.

Other perspective areas for further research could be modular rockets using methane as fuel and also the creation of an aerospace vehicle, which could be used in the future to construct a fighter or a bomber of the sixth generation.

Russia May Create Joint Orbital Station with India, China

Back
Top Bottom