What's new

The Great Game Changer: Belt and Road Intiative (BRI; OBOR)

What realistic options does China have to assist Russia in one of its deepest economic crises that is the result of a geopolitical stand-off with the West (US)?

More business deals.

We need to reduce pollution, so we are closing down coal mines and going for natural gas instead.

Russia has the largest reserves of natural gas in the world. They could really help our pollution problem, and in return they could get a lot of cash flow from us that will help them maintain their economic development.

Moving to a gas-fueled power model also helps us in the long run, considering we have the largest Shale gas reserves in the world. In a few decades that will allow us to switch almost entirely to domestic energy.

I think its' not in China interets to see Russian going down the drain, what we can do to help? The Rupee is deppreciate like a snow ball rolling down the moutain, it is in risk.

The Russian needs to realize the Chinese has the upper hand. Under this circumstances, it will not be an equal partner treaty if Russian try negotiate with Chinese.
They shall TOT the TVC tech ASAP, we will consider helping them.

Why are you talking about the Rupee regarding Russia? :what:
I think he means ruble.

I think its' not in China interets to see Russian going down the drain, what we can do to help? The Rupee is deppreciate like a snow ball rolling down the moutain, it is in risk.

They shall TOT the TVC tech ASAP, we will consider helping them.
Not only that, I expect Russian to fully embrace Chinese commodities. Replace many europe supplies with all Chinese. If best, Russian can buy some Chinese arms will be better.

Open up the Russian far east,attract Chinese capital(both monetary and human),give long leases over large tracts of land and let the Chinese workers and farmers produce more than the Russians can ever consume。

In short,make the entire western Russian a military barrack with Moscow as its political capital,and eastern Russia a new super super large development zone turning Vladivostok into its economic capital(Hongkong and Shenzhen spring to mind)。

Russia needs to concentrate its 100 million plus population in the two ends of the country,leaving the central area sparsely populated but with 1st class connectivity。

An entirely new、prosperous and strong Russia in 20 years。

We look for friendship and partnership, not allies. I believe they could make it, although some help will be welcomed. But in case they cannot overcome the sanctions, we won't allow it to ruins. This probably will not happen. It's just economic thing.

I think he means ruble.

Not only that, I expect Russian to fully embrace Chinese commodities. Replace many europe supplies with all Chinese. If best, Russian can buy some Chinese arms will be better.
Obviously western world don't want to see a back-to-back RC ally. They probably will stop the sanctions at some point. Russia must be heavily struck but it can tolerate.Otherwise western can only import oil/gas from OPEC, which makes it possible to increase the price as they wish.

1, The depreciation of Russian Rub will exert a bad influence on RMB. Actually, not only Russia, Brazil, India and Indonesia also have depreciation pressures, people have concern over the emerging market where the capital is evacuating quickly. While China's economy is coming to a difficult time, so this time around China should help Russia.

2, The drop of oil prices is bad for Russia but good for China, it will ease the inflation and it is also a chance to reform the old system of oil and gas price in China into market based pricing system.

China can help Russia but not for free. Time is different. Now Russia need China more than we need them. What can Russia give China in return except natural resources and military technology?

Russia cannot depend on the oil economy forever, so only the Eurasian HSR will bail Russia out of this crisis.

BTW, China will provide the technology and assistance, while the 7000km Siberian HSR will build by Russia itself, so it is a good way to revive their manufacturing value chain.

Russia cannot depend on the oil economy forever, so only the Eurasian HSR will bail Russia out of this crisis.

BTW, China will provide the technology and assistance, while the 7000km Siberian HSR will build by Russia itself, so it is a good way to revive their manufacturing value chain.
Firstly turn back the occupied 1 million SQM land of the far east to China, then we talk.

The only reason we shall help them is because of bully of USA, i don't like Russians at all.

The only severe problem for R is her poor population. R has almost all kinds of resourse it need to develop, but it doesn't have a huge market has we do. So it has to export oil gas at this particular stage.

The only severe problem for R is her poor population. R has almost all kinds of resourse it need to develop, but it doesn't have a huge market has we do. So it has to export oil gas at this particular stage.
Do you think its weird for 100 million people live in a land mass of 20 millions SQM? Part of the far east used to be CHina's land, and the outer Mongoia was forced out by Soviet pressure. WE shall not forget those traumas.

Forget about those lands, maybe we can ask Russia for the exchange of the Outer Mongolia, while we can support them to take back Ukraine.
It's too late for take back outer Mongoia, we shall concentrate on Taiwan first.

1, The depreciation of Russian Rub will exert a bad influence on RMB. Actually, not only Russia, Brazil, India and Indonesia also have depreciation pressures, people have concern over the emerging market where the capital is evacuating quickly. While China's economy is coming to a difficult time, so this time around China should help Russia.

2, The drop of oil prices is bad for Russia but good for China, it will ease the inflation and it is also a chance to reform the old system of oil and gas price in China into market based pricing system.

China can help Russia but not for free. Time is different. Now Russia need China more than we need them. What can Russia give China in return except natural resources and military technology?

The natural resources indeed, but the military technology not much.

Back
Top Bottom