What's new

The Glory of the Mughal Empire

Well bro it doesn't matter now does it. :-):dance3:
Post your pic and we'll analyse the situation better :p::pakistan:

It matters because it is South Asian history not Turkics from Anatolia. The Mughal empire itself was only Mughal in name everything else about it was Indo-Iranic mixture.

Only early Mughals were Turkic, look at the pic of Sultana Begum she is South Asian as much as any of us, look at the last pic of Bahadur Shah Zafar he is darker than I am. :laugh: As is she, they mixed with locals and became local, simple.
Don't be such a nazi. People can take foreign wives. How somebody looks doesn't determine his origins. Clearly Ottomans, Mughals and Safavid has common ancestry, language and culture. Nobody can deny this.

I have to agree that Moghul legacy is lost. But Ottomans, today's Turks and safavids, today's Azerbaijani Turks still exist today and we enjoy extraordinary relations with each other, understand each other, we look the same.

In short stop being jealous :)

@Water Car Engineer

Thus, i would conjecture that the Moghul Empire was the Indianized form of the Mongol Empire. The Yuan Dynasty is the Sinified form of the Mongol Empire.

As a comparative....!

Don't be such a nazi. People can take foreign wives. How somebody looks doesn't determine his origins. Clearly Ottomans, Mughals and Safavid has common ancestry, language and culture. Nobody can deny this.

I have to agree that Moghul legacy is lost. Ottomans, today's Turks and safavids, today's Azerbaijani Turks still exist today and we enjoy extraordinary relations with each other, understand each other, we look the same.

In short stop being jealous :)

LoL do not worry we Pakistanis respect Turks but jealous we are not. :)

You are welcome....as long as Lal Quila is occupied by Indian Muslim...no worries....we will enjoy....

Fikar na karo hum sub desi hai. :lol:

@Water Car Engineer

Thus, i would conjecture that the Moghul Empire was the Indianized form of the Mongol Empire. The Yuan Dynasty is the Sinified form of the Mongol Empire.

As a comparative....!

Mughals are Persianized. These Turkics spread Persian culture and I guess Arabian, in the form of Islam than anything Turkic itself.

It matters because it is South Asian history not Turkics from Anatolia. The Mughal empire itself was only Mughal in name everything else about it was Indo-Iranic mixture.

Well bro that's o.k
We don't have to be 'particularist' about these things, methinks. Frankly out of these discussions on the net, I don't see these things brought up that much, do you?:-):cheers:

Mughals are Persianized. These Turkics spread Persian culture and I guess Arabian, in the form of Islam than anything Turkic itself.
And Indians today almost all speak English, you are spreading English culture, the culture and language of your British conquerers through callcenters in India whereby you terrorize the world. What a wonderful logic :lol:

And Indians today almost all speak English, you are spreading English culture, the culture and language of your British conquerers through callcenters in India whereby you terrorize the world. What a wonderful logic :lol:

Yes, that's what happens when you're conquered. Same reason you're practicing Islam and speaking a Turkic language. :o:

Before that was what? Christianity and Greek? :o:

That is the symbiotic beauty of Mongols, my friend, they are very capable of taking the identities of local peoples. The First Emperor of the Mughal Empire was Mongol, who had adopted Islam, and had adopted the philosophical teachings of the Safanid Dynasty. When he established his own Empire, he utilized the predominant culture of Safanids and projected it onto the conquered peoples of present day Pakistan and India. Yes, i agree with you that Islam also served as a unifying factor for many of the generals and soldiers who made up the Armies of the Mughal Empire. It was in the religion and in the language (Persian, and Hindi = Urdu) that many people found commonality in.

I would say that Babur was very wise in his calculus. His descendents took advantage of that.

Yes, that's what happens when you're conquered. Same reason you're practicing Islam and speaking a Turkic language. :o:

That is the ebb and flow of civilizations, my friend. Before Christianity, people in Europe practiced polytheism (Hellenistic religion), prior to Islam in Egypt, the people practiced Christianity, but before Christianity, they practiced the Polytheism in Ancient Egyptian religion. That is the beauty of civilizations and the transfer of cultures, philosophies, teachings. Let's not put any down.

Turks chose to be Muslim. We are only people in the world that was never conquered. Indians can't say that. You were passed around from one conqueror to the other :lol:

Jahangircrop.jpeg

Jehangir

Back
Top Bottom