What's new

The Glory of the Mughal Empire

Babur1.jpg

Younger picture of Babur for comparison :D
hey can you post a pic with a towel on head... you do look like him though.. :cheesy:

Meh :p

Maybe the interior is better?

Thanks for your honestly unlike others :)
Veer-Narayana-Temple-Belavadi-Karnataka.jpg

Konark-Sun-Temple.jpg

The Taj is also one of the Modern architectural marvels of India. It is also the most popular. The reason for its popularity are several ranging from colonial intrigue, that it was well preserved to the fact that its right beside Delhi.

The sad part is that because of continuing emphasis, the older marvels of India have been relegated to the side. This will change very soon with Governments finally giving attention to these aspects.

Last edited:
I think i look more like Babur..!
157425.jpg

2006BD6470_emperor_babur.jpg

LOL! Skin tone and eyes, i think....:lol::lol::lol:
Eyes, facial hair and skin tone is the same but your nose and skull shape is different :)

Actually we almost have the same eyes. People told me I looked Japanese when I was a toddler. Now I look more Central Asian than Anatolian to most people.

Life and Art in the Mughal Court

Paintings tell us something of what the interiors of Mughal buildings looked like. They were usually of either pink sandstone or, especially in Shah Jahan's reign, white marble. Open pillared halls were preferred to enclosed rooms so that as much air as possible could circulate in the hot weather. Textile hangings and screens decorated the palace walls, providing privacy within the open halls and shade or warmth in the hot or cool seasons. The hangings often had designs on them similar to those of the stone walls themselves: a large flowering plant was the most popular motif in the seventeenth century, and can be found on many objects, from large textiles to exquisite jade or silver cups.

Furnishings inside the palace were very different to European furniture. Indians prefer to sit on the floor rather than on chairs, and the floor was usually covered with a thin embroidered floorspread in summer, or a pile carpet in winter.

Cushions would also be provided to lean against, and another cloth spread on the floor at mealtimes. In the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, many Indian rulers started to imitate European fashions and took to sitting on European-style chairs, but this was not found at the Mughal court except in the case of thrones.

Costume is a fascinating theme to explore, and styles can be traced through the paintings and jewellery on show, as well as the actual garments. A basic difference between Mughal and European dress is that men wore long gowns, as well as decorated sashes, pearl necklaces and jewelled turban ornaments. Relatively few women are shown in paintings because of the Muslim tradition of keeping women apart from public life, but their costume of a long, often transparent, gown worn over tight trousers is remarkably similar to the men's.

2006AT0325_turban_ornament.jpg

Turban ornament, India or Pakistan, early 18th century, set with rubies, emeralds, pale beryls and diamonds.

@Nihonjin1051

Another intersting factor about the Mughals is that on the Western front, they were figthing against the Safavid empire. Most of the fights took place over who will control parts of Afghanistan. They fought many wars in what is today eastern afghanistan especially Kandahar area.

Eyes, facial hair and skin tone is the same but your nose and skull shape is different :)

Actually we almost have the same eyes. People told me I looked Japanese when I was a todler. Now I look more Central Asian than Anatolian to most people.

I also have Ainu blood in me, through my mother's side. So, definitely have some altaic in these bones...LOL!

Delhi always belonged to the Musalman and in the future a Musulman will once again occupy Lal Qila. :whistle:

There are many dynasties but there are few Imperial dynasties.

You are welcome....as long as Lal Quila is occupied by Indian Muslim...no worries....we will enjoy....

Back
Top Bottom