What's new

The Glory of the Mughal Empire

India was always various tribes and countries warring against each other. Turkic Mughals, who were outsiders, were the first to subdue all of them and put the region in shape. I think Mughals are responsble for the concept of modern day India. They were the golden age of India in terms of economy, history, and culture. Without Mughals, Indian history can't be written.
Are you joking? It seems you dont know anything about India or Indian history.

Maurya Dynasty united India long long before the Mughals.

Modern India is considered the spiritual successor of the Mauryan Empire. Everything from the Ashok Chakra(the wheel on center of the modern Indian flag) to the Official Seal of the Government of India(Lion) is taken from the Maurya Dynasty.

And the Golden Age of India is considered to be the Gupta Empire.

Central asian eh? Very interesting ! I never knew that. Will have to brush up into my early history of Mughal rulers...!
No, Moghuls weren't Central Asian, they were Pakistani :lol:

Are you joking?

Modern India is considered the spiritual successor of the Mauryan Empire. Everything from the Ashok Chakra(the wheel on center of the modern Indian flag) to the Official Seal of the Government of India(Lion) is taken from the Maurya Dynasty.

Hmm, can you show me architectural master pieces of those Indian empires?

Central asian eh? Very interesting ! I never knew that. Will have to brush up into my early history of Mughal rulers...!

Well they came from parts of Central Asia (northerly parts of it) , first settled in Ferghana valley, took parts of uzbekistan and then eastern Afghanistan and then they took the sub-continent.

India was always various tribes and countries warring against each other. Turkic Mughals, who were outsiders, were the first to subdue all of them and put the region in shape. I think Mughals are responsble for the concept of modern day India. They were the golden age of India in terms of economy, history, and culture. Without Mughals, Indian history can't be written.
You think wrong, think not no more. There were many empires before Mughals who ruled over vast areas in Indian sub continent. And it was the prosperity in the sub continent which lured them, having said that they are part of our long history and have enriched the culture in their own way.

Aurangzeb was an Emperor in the true sense of the word but his biggest mistake was starting fights his successors were not capable of ending, it should be noted that he did not lose any territory despite being at war with almost everyone but the minute he died territories were lost all over.

He did lose territory, right under his nose in Deccan where he spent is last 25 years fighting the Marathas. He was unable to hold Maratha lands and forts and they kept changing hands multiple times.

But yes the whole system just collapsed after his death and Maratha forces were in Delhi playing kingmaker within 6 years...

PABAA011.JPG

Well they came from parts of Central Asia (northerly parts of it) , first settled in Ferghana valley, took parts of uzbekistan and then eastern Afghanistan and then they took the sub-continent.
I know I have the same eyes as depicted on that Moghul portrait

It has nothing to do with Chinese.

Chinese are not the only Asian people in Asia.

Are you joking? It seems you dont know anything about India or Indian history.

Spiritual successor? unless you think India is a hindu country I dont see how India can be a successor of mauryan who ruled before christ.
The credit for shaping modern India goes to british, we were united as 'one people' in fight against british. Otherwise there was no concept of India, just some king ruling over vast swath of land only to lose to some other king.

True, there are zealous rulers in every Empire, but there are always those who come after the zealous ones who salvage the situation.
This one was single handedly responsible ending the Mughal Empire.
He made every mistake possible to make. Lastly, he was the one who started wars against the Marathas, who eventually ended up beating the Mughals and replacing them, forming their own Empire.

Majority of Pakistani's like him solely because he was a Religious bigot who persecuted Hindus and Sikhs and because he was honest and did not take money from the treasury for himself, and waged wars. They completely blank out on the result of his actions which ended the Empire and arguably Muslim rule in India.

Not all were looters and oppressors. Some were very good, others were very bad. Its a mixed bag actually. And I agree with @hinduguy , regardless of good or bad, we must study all history.

I agree. Though after a couple of generations, Mughals were basically Indians/locals.

@Contrarian

I think that in the situations of Large Empires, constant wars are inevetible to maintain the integrity of these lands and forcibly induce the loyalty of subject peoples and tributary kings. I would draw similarity between Mughal Rulers who had to make war against Rajputr rebellions, Sikh rebellions in order to maintain imperial solidarity -- with that of the Burmese King Bayinnaug, who is referred to by modern day Burmese , Thais, and Laotians as "The Ruler of 10 Directions" due to his forays and conquest into foreign lands. King Bayinnaug conquered the Ayuthayan Empire (Thai kingdom), Lan Xang Kingdom (Laos), Lanna Kingdom, Lovek Kingdom (Cambodia), parts of Malaya, all of Present day Burma, parts of Bangladesh and parts of southern China. During his life , he had to make constant wars in order to keep in line all the tributary states. As soon as he died tho, his empire collapsed.

Pyinoolwin_--_DSA_Bayinnaung.JPG

King Bayinnaug "The Conqueror of 10 Directions"

And his Empire:
Map_of_Taungoo_Empire_(1580).png

you sure? their eyes look like they are constantly on drugs:p:

No you misunderstood me bro. It's postulated that Babur's painting looks more Asian than he actually was because he endorsed CHINESE MINIATURE art (in which pretty much everybody looks 'Asiatic' more or less)
Do you get my point? Yes he was Turkic and quite 'Asian' looking as far as I'm concerned but this theory is pretty common.

POST YOUR PIC BRO:cheers: :-)

Spiritual successor? unless you think India is a hindu country I dont see how India can be a successor of mauryan who ruled before christ.
The credit for shaping modern India goes to british, we were united as 'one people' in fight against british. Otherwise there was no concept of India, just some king ruling over vast swath of land only to lose to some other king.
I used the word Spiritual, not Religious.
Learn to read properly. This is the second time you have made illogical assumption on my post.

Spiritual implies the values of dhamma ashoka, non violence, peace and prosperity. We are not talking about laws in which case over 60% of Indians laws are of British Origin, specifically the Cabinet Plan.

Lastly, there was always the concept of Bharatvarsha, the fact that no one was able to control all of India apart from a few does not mean it did not exist.

You can read it yourself.
This is the Gupta Empire.
Gupta Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Feel free to read up on Maurya Empire and Rashtrakuta Empire.
I already did actually.

Do those Indian Empires have anything close coming to this?

tajwater1024.jpg

No you misunderstood me bro. It's postulated that Babur's painting looks more Asian than he actually was because he endorsed CHINESE MINIATURE art (in which pretty much everybody looks 'Asiatic' more or less)
Do you get my point? Yes he was Turkic and quite 'Asian' looking as far as I'm concerned but this theory is pretty common.
No hard feelings :)

But you should know that Ottoman and Safavid painting who were also Turkic have Asiatic looking people because that is what Turkic peoples are. Look at Turkic countries in Central Asia.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom