What's new

The French Navy Stands Up to China

The ASBM probably does the same thing as SM-6 for non-line-of-sight (NLOS) targets. The missile will require targeting information from an off-board sensor – like an E-2D Advanced Hawkeye.

HLwIUbe.jpg

I think SpaceX is demonstrating the viability of the ASBM every time the Falcon 9 makes a landing on the autonomous spaceport drone ship (ASDS).
PZR4CRQ.jpg

The ASDS is much smaller than an aircraft carrier.
CRS-8_%2826239020092%29.jpg

The USS Desert Ship (LLS 1), a land-based U.S. Navy Combat System equipped with the latest AEGIS Baseline, fired the SM-6, which intercepted the over-the-horizon target, out of sight of its operators.

The mission was the latest in a test series for Naval Integrated Fire Control – Counter Air, or NIFC-CA, a program designed to link U.S. Navy ships and various airborne sensors, such as the F-35, into a single integrated sensor network. During this capability demonstration, the SM-6 received continuous updates from the network, including the fighter aircraft, leading to the successful intercept of the target.

"This test once again demonstrates the multi-dimensional capability provided by pairing the NIFC-CA system and the multi-mission SM-6," said Mike Campisi, SM-6 senior program director. "By linking SM-6 with airborne sensors on the F-35 or other aircraft through NIFC-CA, we help to dominate the combat environment and defeat the threat."

https://www.raytheon.com/news/feature/sm-6_first_of_a_kind

1.dogfight missile can have high g turn,the others could have high acceleration.
2.No satellite is static,all orbit in an ellipse.No one uses Einstein's relativity for launching satellite.
3.about lag time,refer to American UAV in ME,they even control it in real time from home.

1.dogfight missile can have high g turn,the others could have high acceleration.
2.No satellite is static,all orbit in an ellipse.No one uses Einstein's relativity for launching satellite.
3.about lag time,refer to American UAV in ME,they even control it in real time from home.

Exactly!
dogfight missile pull high G turns by its controlling surface, this @jhungary really has no clue.

This tail control, wing control, or canard control can make missile do tight maneuver, even with TVC will give "no escape zone" for the fighter : speed combined with agility.

control-fins.jpg

Only telco and several kind of satellites are geostationary, others not.

poes_orbit1.gif

Lag time is not a big deal during initial phase, while at terminal phase missile can use its own radar/sensor onboard hence no lag time issue.

OTH using ionosfir, and can detect within range beyon 5000km
400px-OTH-B.big.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Over-the-horizon_radar

All of his claims are fraud and nonsense.

Last edited:
lol, just because you say so?

Missile can turn because of the thrust, but thrust have to be kept high in order to sustain flight as missile lacking basic movable flight surface to change direction (conservation of KE and PE) which mean the laterally change can only be minimal.

Please do explain how missile can dogfight a fighter, first of all, if it does, then missile will achieve 100% kill rate, secondly, missile lacking flight surface to do so, so something have to compensate to achieve a high G turn

Rubish!!

Look at my answer above, that explaining how missile pull hig G turn, something you have no clue. And i back my explanation with evidence not like you just stupid claims. :omghaha:

ALL SATELLITE ARE STATICS. They cannot move by itself, again, in space, if an object move, since the medium is inert, that movement is constant in a planar level.

Move is an active action, ie I move, You move, but Satellite is being pulled by the earth, which is a passive action, if I pull or push you, you didn't move yourself, right?

In Chinese, the word Move cover both Passive and Active meaning, because in Chinese it mean 移動, its a neutral word, but in English, move is active if you want to describe a movement. If you use move in passive in English, it does not mean movement at all, it mean your feeling was moved by something. eg I was moved by the book or I was moved by that movie.

Rubish!!

Satelite move as long as its speed > 0 againts earth.

Constant speed doesnt mean stop! It is zero speed that is stop.

Back to school and learn physics. :omghaha:

Dude, UAV is surveillance part, The target is already known and identified if you can use UAV to track a target.

If I tell you, someone is trying to bomb our barrack coming from the south mountain, YOU WILL NEED TO LOOK FOR THAT MAN before you can track it, that is the I of the ISTART, otherwise if you don't know who to track, it is useless, you will just be sending drone all over the place looking for someone who you have no clue and that is the lag time.

Also real time surveillance does not mean I can provide real time targeting acquisition solution, yes, I can look at a target on UAV in real time, but if I want to attack that target, how do I transport my feed to the attacker? First, you need to scramble your attacker (if it is a fighter/bomber) or ready the team to make a strike. Just because you have eye on target does not mean you have a strike team or strike asset nearby. Then, the coordination between you and the attacker take time, That again, contribute to lag time.

See my explanation above. We are talking missile including df21, dont derail it to istar, and lag time is not a big deal for both initial phase since it doesnt require accuracy yet, and not big deal for terminal phase as well as missile use its own radar/sensor onboard - no need to use guidance from far distant ground radar. Dumbass ignorant.. [emoji23]

So, No response?

And only stupid people like you would think you can destroy my reputation lol HAHAHAHA:omghaha::omghaha:

Just another dumbarse who think he can go up against me.

I did, but lucky you .. its still waiting moderator approval for you to see my reply.

Thailand used to and have budget to buy arms from west but they choose chinese, because besides cheapet price chinese sub has demonstrate performance when it stalked nearby USS Ronald Reagan undetectedly.

And do you know china also a leader in shipbuilding now both in tonnage and technology, while france has been stuck.

You have lost reputation in this section as your BS have been debunked on and on. Check again this thread and see how many members are laughing on your stupid and unrealistic opinion and even admit that you are fraud [emoji13] [emoji23]

Last edited:
Dumbarse, you spell RUBBISH wrong.

And your "Rubbish" graph explained nothing. Still no word from how you are going to pull High G without aileron flap and wing, Winglet and Canard control surface DOES NOT allow High G turn.

And you are busted for Meteor Missile anyway.

Once a dumbarse, always a dumbarse

I said the control surface of missile which enable the missile to pull hig G turn, which part that you dont understant?

And you are just denial, has no argument and evidence to counter back. [emoji38]s

That's probably the dumbest of the dumb answer there are.

Move as long as its speed is >0 against earth? You still don't grasp what is move and what is being pull.

Earth always move at a constant speed, which mean nothing on earth can be 0 against earth, because earth spin at 408.40 m/s, you move as long as you are standing on earth, even if you stay at the same spot.

The same thing as just because I sit still on a bus and a bus move, that does not mean I don't move, but In English, you don't use the phase "You are moved by the bus" You are BEING TRANSPORTED by the bus.

Totally idiot :omghaha:

See .. you dont understand relativity of motion when you claim nothing can be 0 speed as we are always moving when we standstill on earth.

Hahahahahah ... back to high school you dumbass, if you failed in basic physics ni more hope for you to understand more complex discussion.

Yoy claim that everything moving but on the same time you claim satellite is not moving. WTF you dont realize you are self contradictive lol such a dumbass idiot. [emoji38]

You are ruining rep to zero already.

Dumbarse, each stage of ISTAR have its own lag time.

I have explained several time about how lag time is affected by each state, not only you have no answer for any of those stage.

I am not talking istar you idiot.

Explain to me how lag time is not a big deal?

Already. See my prev post above, which part that you dont understand?

LOL what a stupid arse. The shipbuilding industry represent jack shit on technology, China and South Korea both ahead of the US in that field, does that mean Chinese and South Korean ship are technological advance than the United States navy?

What a dumb arse:omghaha::omghaha:.

I am talking about comparison with France which you claim have better quality than China, why you talk america?

Even you fail to focus on your argument.

More prove about IQ problem :omghaha:

And now have you understand on how OTH work? And how OTH can reach more than 5000km?

Thats why i said Stop making BS claim if you have no clue [emoji23]

I love how the conversation devolves from comparing sub vs supersonic into questioning physics & reality it self.

Me like it [emoji108][emoji108][emoji108] Top KeK.

Point is there's more advantages to Subsonic than Supersonic plain & simple.

Also the French will still come out on top in any hypothetical war with current china. Due to their technology & naval experience being the primary factors. There's no shame in admitting it.

I love how the conversation devolves from comparing sub vs supersonic into questioning physics & reality it self.

This is your belief? Go ahead.

I and many have given evidence on why supersonic and hypersonic is better and desirable. Even it doesnt take a genius to know why hypersonich must be much better than subsonic missile.

Me like it [emoji108][emoji108][emoji108] Top KeK.

Point is there's more advantages to Subsonic than Supersonic plain & simple.

Also the French will still come out on top in any hypothetical war with current china. Due to their technology & naval experience being the primary factors. There's no shame in admitting it.

You should explain on how france naval technogy is better while they have no experience in building like type 055

And Satellite itself did not move, they orbit, the word "move" he used and I used have difference meaning, satellite move in a general sense by orbiting (Which in this case, satellite itself actually don't move, but the earth does), but you cannot "MOVE" a satellite because doing so will phase the satellite out of the orbit, then you will lost that satellite because in space, there are no friction to stop an object from moving.

You know the different between moving and orbiting? Moving is changing direction and speed of an object, in space, that will mean the you will not be able to stop unless a precise speed and direction opposite to the movement is applied.

Orbiting on the other hand, is a gravitational pull of an object with respect to the earth and the object orbit as the earth itself orbiting the sun.

Anyone know how Satellite work know these two facts, if you say this is a crazy claim, that only mean you know shit about satellite. You have to WAIT for the satellite to orbit above you before you can use it, and you will lose feed when it orbit out of your area, that suggest you CANNOT apply a primary force and "MOVE" a satellite.

All satellite is, for a better word, STATIONARY

As I said, I don't need anyone to fight my case, that is why I did not call anyone on here, unlike someone.
Wrong. What you are talking about is geostationary orbit satellite which had been deliberately put into orbit so it syncs in relation to the earth rotation. These type of satellites are orbit above the earth atmosphere and does not need periodic correction.

It is however important to understand that not all satellites are put into geostationary orbit. For instance, GPS satellites are put above the earth inside geostationary orbit which still is inside the earth atmosphere therefore it is not very stable and will need constant correction by its inboard fuel to correction position. This movement is caused by drag of air fiction and if not correct periodically, it will falls back down into earth by its gravitational pull.

Learn! I'm a expert in Science. LOL

This is your belief? Go ahead.

I and many have given evidence on why supersonic and hypersonic is better and desirable. Even it doesnt take a genius to know why hypersonich must be much better than subsonic missile.

You should explain on how france naval technogy is better while they have no experience in building like type 055
"Fastah is Betah!!!"

That's some warhammer logic right there. I bet you also believe that painting it red will make it go faster.

In the link I showed you before Supersonic only have 2 advantages over Sub. Reduced defensive reaction time & relaxed navigation accuracy. Both of which can be negated by advances in countermeasure technology & training.

French have a nucular aircraft carrier... So what's ur point?

"Fastah is Betah!!!"

That's some warhammer logic right there. I bet you also believe that painting it red will make it go faster.

In the link I showed you before Supersonic only have 2 advantages over Sub. Reduced defensive reaction time & relaxed navigation accuracy. Both of which can be negated by advances in countermeasure technology & training.

That is faulty. Countermeassure technology have limitation; current countermeassure technology is still not reliable to counter hypersonic or supersonic sea skimming.

I have given you evidence, but you both notoriously like to ignore.

I give you another evidence:

Stopping the Unstoppable: How will the U.S. Defeat Missiles of the Future?
https://www.realcleardefense.com/ar..._us_defeat_missiles_of_the_future_111095.html

Here's How Hypersonic Weapons Could Completely Change the Face of Warfare
http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...s-could-completely-change-the-face-of-warfare

YJ-12 / CM-302 supersonic ASCM
On 19 September 2013 some Chinese media websites released a clip showing the PLA had been successful in making a Eagle Strike missile dubbed YJ-18. It will travel at subsonic speed initially, and at Mach 3 when approaching the target within last 46 kilometers. What's amazing is that the missile can change its path showing 'S' pattern making it hard to intercept, even for Aegis class ships as claimed by the report.
https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/china/cm-302.htm

See how globalsecurity admit that YJ-12 is hard to intercept.

Can you show the evidence that say the contrary?

French have a nucular aircraft carrier... So what's ur point?

Yes but degaulle is an old carrier, and with lower tonnage compared to liaoning.
Evidence show charles de gaulle is no 6th while liaoning is no 4th, means liaoning is recognized better than charles de gaulle.
http://www.military-today.com/navy/top_10_aircraft_carriers.htm

And WHO ARE YOU? You said = Correct?

I ask for proof, you give me a "You said"?

LOL, what a dumbass :sarcastic::sarcastic:

And who are you to spreading BS?

I am speaking sense + evidence, while you speaking nonsense + no evidence.

LOL, what a dumbass :sarcastic::sarcastic:

Dumbass, I said THERE CAN NEVER BE 0 SPEED AGAINST THE EARTH. The Earth move, which mean all the things on earth move with the earth. Which is what you said to begin with.:omghaha::omghaha:

Dumbarse didn't even know what he said LOL

What a moron.:omghaha::omghaha:

You dont realize your 2 faulty:

1. Move is relative, stand still on earth is not moving againts earth though it is moving against anything else
2. You contradict yourself: you said everything standstill on earth is moving, but you are saying that satellite is not moving? WTF

Dumbass moron. :omghaha::omghaha:

You are talking about ISTAR LAG while not talking about ISTAR?

LOL, how? Dumbass

Huahahaha .... I am talking about missile, since when I am talking about ISTAR you dumbass? :omghaha::omghaha:

YOu said nothing but "It wasn't a big deal" you did not explain why it was not a big deal.

I told you each stage of ISTAR have lag, and dumbass like you tell me you are not talking about ISTAR.

:omghaha::omghaha:

I did! read again my explanation above.
Which part of it that you dont understand?

Problem with IQ is your own fault, dont blame on other people :omghaha::omghaha:

Dumbass, that's because you said French shipbuilding capacity is not as good as China, hence Chinese ship is better than French, I use a counter example, what's wrong with that?

What a Cabron.

Huahahaha ... I did not only say about capacity, but also technology that make China current shipbuilding should be better than France now, you dumbas :omghaha:

When will you a little bit smarter? :omghaha::omghaha:

Nope, I am not talking about geostationary orbit.

Orbiting is not the same as moving. Satellite did not move by itself, once they are in orbit, they are stationary, which mean it follow the earth orbit.

Huahahaha ... but you said all satellites are not moving! Do you pretend to be dementia in order to cover your idiocy? :omghaha::omghaha:

And no, we are not talking about satellite that orbit INSIDE mesosphere. Which its orbit is affected by air, we are talking about satellite that orbit in inert medium.

Satellite in exosphere does not move, because there are no air in the space, which mean no friction, any movement toward the space would be in itself will not be stop.

And I have used a satellite for 5 years in the military and as a private contractor and have a brief from Lockheed Martin technician.

Huahahaha ...what an idiotic BS:omghaha::omghaha:

Since when no friction means not moving? LOL you dumbass.

Nobody will buy your BS because they are not stupid and they know basic physics, while you are demonstrating the otherway round :omghaha::omghaha:

G'day Mate

This thread is full of personal insult

Can moderator come on and moderate this thread?

Davos

PS @jhungary dont drag you down to his level, just report his post and move on, troll like this not worth the time engaging

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom