What's new

The French Navy Stands Up to China

We are witnessing a very volatile era in world politics in which the personal caprices and idiosyncrasies of world leaders have a significant influence on their countries foreign policy, beyond what simple national interests might dictate. So countries that have good leaders have a significant advantage over those with poor low-quality leaders. See the difference between world leaders:

Xi: patient, thoughtful, mature, resilient (he suffered a lot during the Cultural Revolution but rose above it)
China's foreign policy: firm, level-headed, constructive, collaborative, respectful, lawful, long-term oriented

Macron: perverted, granny-fetishist, infertile, impotent, psychosexually disturbed, molested by his secondary school teacher whom he afterwards married
French foreign policy: reckless, aggressive, pugnacious, provocative, illegal, trespassing, flagrant noncompliance with international law.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...its-new-low-in-poll-ratings-jdd-idUSKBN1JK0GO
Seen as out of touch, Macron hits new low in poll ratings

Right now, Macron is getting trounced in his approval ratings. He is a high stakes gambler who has decided to gamble everything on a big show of jingoism and gunboat policy, as if it were the 19th century and whites can still bully yellow people at will. But his provocations risk Paris, Marseilles, Lyon, Bordeaux getting nuked and the French people getting genocided and exterminated. What will his approval ratings look like then? :coffee:

Bottom line is Macron has no skin in the game because he has no children who would have to suffer the consequences of living in the irradiated ruins of what was formerly France :cry: So he thinks he can be as reckless as he likes.

What to look up??? All of your argument proved to be terribly wrong! :haha:

You only outburst stupidity due to ignorance with careless & bias assumption, admit it! :tdown:

Exocet is inferior compared to YJ-12, and I am talking with data. Harpoon is comparable to exocet and same inferior compared to YJ-12 [emoji23]

View attachment 482427
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harpoon_(missile)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exocet
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YJ-12

Horizon class and other French destroyer has very little chance to survive against Type 052D, not to mention china's anti access weapon.
Supersonic missile have the tendency to pierce through to a ship without exploding their ordnance or using up all their propellant when reaching the target.

Harpoon & Exocet when it reached their target their explosive forces are combined with the amount of propellant left in the missile.

For more info on the contrast between missile: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1559-3584.1997.tb01931.x

So france does have the better missile.

Warsaw Pact's navy used supersonic missiles it has been reported that supersonic missile have less destructive power than subsonic one, easily detected & have less accuracy. Hence why the US & other NATO countries didn't use supersonic missiles in their navy. This is the navy takes on this not me.

All France have to do is build more Exocets to sunk chinese ships.

Those warsaw pact's supersonic missile were old technology. YJ-12 is more modern can cruise supersonic with high destructive power and very high accuracy.

20160711105937606-gif.318452

Pay attention to the speed,the terminal speed of YJ-12 exceeds 4 mach

22460659-gif.318025

Btw this YJ-18, supersonic with S-shaped maneuver to avoid EWS.

053458rlf5hqqfeecxzhj0-jpg.318453

Supersonic missile have the tendency to pierce through to a ship without exploding their ordnance or using up all their propellant when reaching the target.

Harpoon & Exocet when it reached their target their explosive forces are combined with the amount of propellant left in the missile.

For more info on the contrast between missile: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1559-3584.1997.tb01931.x

So france does have the better missile.

LOLs. Your citation was obsolete!

The journal you refer was talking about ASM technology before year 1997; it is more suitable for warsaw pact's supersonic missile. At that time supersonic missile would sacrifice accuracy and explosion power, and CISW was not so advanced, then it could be true that subsonic exocet or harpoon would be better.

But YJ-12 is with modern control system, software, and computing power, wont sacrifice accuracy and explosion power, this beyond your citated journal can comprehend.
Do you know that currently modern SAM like Patriot or HQ-9 have explosion power enough to destroy the target they are approaching? while HQ-19 or THAAD can hit balistic missile at supersonic speed (means very high accuracy)?

Talking about explosion force, the energy or momentum caused by the supersonic speed of the missile itself is powerful enough to pierce the body of the ship, you can see in the video I attach above.

:laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:
Those warsaw pact's supersonic missile were old technology. YJ-12 is more modern can cruise supersonic with high destructive power and very high accuracy.

20160711105937606-gif.318452

Pay attention to the speed,the terminal speed of YJ-12 exceeds 4 mach

22460659-gif.318025

Btw this YJ-18, supersonic with S-shaped maneuver to avoid EWS.

053458rlf5hqqfeecxzhj0-jpg.318453

LOLs. Your citation was obsolete!

The journal you refer was talking about ASM technology before year 1997; it is more suitable for warsaw pact's supersonic missile. At that time supersonic missile would sacrifice accuracy and explosion power, and CISW was not so advanced, then it could be true that subsonic exocet or harpoon would be better.

But YJ-12 is with modern control system, software, and computing power, wont sacrifice accuracy and explosion power, this beyond your citated journal can comprehend.
Do you know that currently modern SAM like Patriot or HQ-9 have explosion power enough to destroy the target they are approaching? while HQ-19 or THAAD can hit balistic missile at supersonic speed (means very high accuracy)?

Talking about explosion force, the energy or momentum caused by the supersonic speed of the missile itself is powerful enough to pierce the body of the ship, you can see in the video I attach above.

[emoji23] [emoji23]
It still doesn't change anything you realize that?

It still doesn't change anything you realize that?

What are you talking about? Rain of YJ-12 could destroy your navy, and none system can intercept them effectively. And obviously your arbitrary and bias claim about exocet & harpoon superiority is totally wrong, only your ignorance and denial may not be changed here :laugh:

What are you talking about? Rain of YJ-12 could destroy your navy, and none system can intercept them effectively. And obviously your arbitrary and bias claim about exocet & harpoon superiority is totally wrong, only your ignorance and denial may not be changed here [emoji23]
Assuming they manage to hit anything that is...

So posting vidyas about chinese testing their missiles on a stationary target is somehow an indicative of its quality?

Its not like the french have a countermeasure specifically to counter supersonic threat, right?

I though you realize it by now that I have zero bias. I shit on the indian, I shit on the vietnamese when they think they are somehow better when they are not & I also praise them when they do something right.

I just state the facts that PLAN can't beat the french navy in its current state & just like Gambit said that if the french deploy de gaulle then they would win no question asked.

You can always have another round of laughs at China’s expense by selling Taiwan some more French fighter jets. I think their current Mirage fleet could be expanded with some newer models. Apparently they are not very interested in buying China’s unreliable planes...even though apparently they are a “province” of China.

View attachment 482415

Plus maybe you can land a few at Tainan Air Force Base and have the local air crew give you a thumbs up like they did to the US 3 years ago.

View attachment 482414

The Chinese members on here actually thought the Taiwanese were going to chop up the planes!
LOL!!

Lmao, French Mirage has the WORST service record ever in ROCAF. Also, the sale of Mirage has been one of the biggest arms deal corruption case in Taiwan.

So posting vidyas about chinese testing their missiles on a stationary target is somehow an indicative of its quality?

Its not like the french have a countermeasure specifically to counter supersonic threat, right?

I though you realize it by now that I have zero bias. I shit on the indian, I shit on the vietnamese when they think they are somehow better when they are not & I also praise them when they do something right.

I just state the facts that PLAN can't beat the french navy in its current state & just like Gambit said that if the french deploy de gaulle then they would win no question asked.

What fact?
You still not answer my question how can navy with only 4 Destroyer fight navy with 35 Modern Destroyer?
How can they fight China's Type 052D Destroyer that have AEGIS Capability and Type 346 AESA Radar??

Not including many 13,000 Tonnes China's Type 055 Cruiser that will join China's Navy Battle Fleet in the nect year.

How? with Superman and Batman help? lol.
Don't be ignorant and bias here, please be realistic and objective

Your argument has no quality. Stupid assumption and baseless opinion is garbage and idiocy demonstration.

Of course those missiles will hit the target, if china has proved to hit more complicated & moving target like ICBM, or satellite why yj-12 cant hit moving ship? what make you assume they wont hit target?

The video shows their supersonic and high explosion and ability to pierce the ship.

As I told you assumption is garbage especially stupid assumption, that make your argument has no value. You know, if US has no effective way to counter-meassure supersonic sea skimming missile, what make you think France can do? by Superman help? LOL.

Your opinion and assumption based on your belief that PLAN cant beat french navy regardless of the fact that PLAN surpass french navy both in quantity and quality (AEGIS destroyers, anti access DF-21D, supersonic & hypersonic missile) is already indication of your bias.

De gaulle carrier is not a game changer especially it's tonnage is only 40k ton 2/3 of Liaoning. And de gaulle will be a prey of submarines and anti access weapon instead of game changer :laugh:

Last edited:
Lol, no media is 100% truth.

Sure, then we are back to square one and people are free to believe what the X% level believability of whichever media and sources are :P.

But it is upsetting to some more than others over here it is clear :P

No, defeating France is a piece of cake. In 1vs1 they have NO CHANCE. They simply don't have the industrial power to mass produce weapon in time of war like we do. It's simple logic. Only the US can match our industrial military weapon making in time of war.
What you are talking about -- the highlighted -- is a protracted conflict over specific goal(s). If all France or US wanted to do is teach the PLAN just one lesson, then a single naval engagement will do just fine. Overrating yourself is just as bad as underestimating the enemy.

Warsaw Pact's navy used supersonic missiles it has been reported that supersonic missile have less destructive power than subsonic one, easily detected & have less accuracy. Hence why the US & other NATO countries didn't use supersonic missiles in their navy. This is the navy takes on this not me.

All France have to do is build more Exocets to sunk chinese ships.
Can somebody shows this young blood the destruction power of Russjan missile blowing up a ship in a test? It was record not too long ago.

Uh huh for every 1 missile they make we make 100 more and rebuild the ship 10x morr and faster. Let see who run out of boat to plah fist. LOL noob miltary thinker.

You cant show me any world military power rankings that ranks France higher than China. I can also conclude 2 things from your arguments on this:
1) You think technology wins wars(yea yea, if that was True US would have won Afghan war a long time ago)
2) You dont accept the world order and power structure has changed. IT HAS.

thank you @antonius123 for the professional comparison. lol

Ship strength and ship number never a determine factor of an outcome of any sea war. If number is strong equal to winning the battle, than the American would not have won the Battle of Lake Erie and Battle of Philippine Sea, the brits would not be come out ahead of the French and Spanish in the battle of Trafalgar or the Allied would not lose the Battle of Dardanelles during the Gallipoli campaign. There are more battle fought between a smaller force and a bigger force and the smaller one come out a winner.

It very much depending on tactics and strategy.

Would the French win a battle with PLAN? That's depending on many factor. If the battleground is in SCS, it's hard, but doable. And if the battleground is in North Sea or the Med, China have virtually no chance to win a battle with the French there.

But this is BS anyway, firstly, if French goes to war, more likely than not it will bring the German, Brits, US and Canada in. Which mean the chance of Chinese winning is zero. And I really doubt if China can sail all the way to the French Coast during a war time scenario where neutral port will be closed to Chinese Navy.

Back
Top Bottom