What's new

The Formula1 in India

Pakistan Also Races in Formula 1
khan-ontrack.jpg

181723-bigthumbnail.jpg

pak-point.jpg

pak-ali.jpg

Dude before Kartikeyan we din't even have any Indian on the F-1 circuit, right? Nothing happens overnight, so its a step by step process, in a few years time we will see him in the top 5 for sure.

Nah, Karthikeyan is coming to the end of his career. He already enjoyed his first stint in F1 where he drove for Jordan (now Froce India) and then left to drive in Indy car in US where he was pretty successful and popular. He has returned to the slowest team with the slowest car HRT and he's not dong anything worth value and there is alreay talk of brining another Spaniard to race along with Dela Rosa another Spaniard which fits with the Spanish image of the team given it too is Spanish. I thought Karun Chandock was a much safer bet for the future wrt F1 he seems to have genuine talent- last year when he was the Lotus reserve driver he got to drive in in a session as was only a tenth of a second off the pace set by his far more experienced team mate who drove the car every weekend so a very impressive result. Also he has done some presenting and commentating for the BBC and Sky and he has impressive technical knowledge. However he seems to have pulled out of F1 all together he is not even a reserve driver to any team anymore and I think he is taking part in the "IPL of racing" the ISeries which is a great shame as he had so much potential and so much success in the lower formulas. I would have loved to have seen him in a bigger team. I especially don't understand why Vijay Malay who claims to be a patriot didn't sign Chandock up back in 09/10 when there was a vacanct driving seat as Fisicalla had left for Ferrari and apparently Berni Excelston (the boss of FIA) was telling him to for the PR purposes- Indian team, Indian driver. Chandock had the talent but I'd assume it was done to cash as it always seems to be in F1 these days other drivers came with more so Chandock didn't get the opportunity to prove himself. I have to say his chances of returning to F1 look pretty bleak now and it is a real shame, I hope there are plenty of more young Indian drivers coming through the ranks to one day be able to debut in F1 themselves.

+can you imagine the hype there would be around F1 in India-over and above current levels, if there was an Indian driver in F1 up there in the top 10 each race challenging for points??!! It would be HUGE!

Qualifying result for suzuka...

Japanese Grand Prix 2012
Qualifying
Driver Teams Time
1 S Vettel (GER) Red Bull 1'30.839
2 M Webber (AUS) Red Bull 1'31.090
3 K Kobayashi (JPN) Sauber 1'31.700
4 R Grosjean (FRA) Lotus 1'31.898
5 S Perez (MEX) Sauber 1'32.022
6 F Alonso (ESP) Ferrari 1'32.114
7 KM Räikkönen (FIN) Lotus 1'32.208
8 J Button (GBR) McLaren 1'31.290
9 LC Hamilton (GBR) McLaren 1'32.327
10 F Massa (BRA) Ferrari 1'32.293
11 P di Resta (GBR) Force India 1'32.327
12 P Maldonado (VEN) Williams 1'32.512
13 N Rosberg (GER) Mercedes 1'32.625
14 D Ricciardo (AUS) Toro Rosso 1'32.954
15 N Hülkenberg (GER) Force India -
16 JE Vergne (FRA) Toro Rosso 1'33.368
17 B Senna (BRA) Williams 1'33.405
18 H Kovalainen (FIN) Caterham 1'34.657
19 T Glock (GER) Marussia 1'35.213
20 PM de la Rosa (ESP) HRT 1'35.385
21 C Pic (FRA) Marussia 1'35.429
22 V Petrov (RUS) Caterham 1'35.432
23 M Schumacher (GER) Mercedes 1'32.469
24 KRN Karthikeyan (IND) HRT 1'36.734

Jenson button and nico hulkenburg had gear box penalty so their position are lowered by five...

So what u all think of tomorrow's race ??? Vittel, webber or button ??? Or some dark horse will get the trophy..

^^^^
Lets just hope someone signs him soon,... coz force india definetly not going for any indian driver..

Back
Top Bottom