What's new

The Fight against PKK Terrorism

I don't know why Baghdad doesn't seize this opportunity to send troops further north into KRG, all the excuses are there. Blame the KRG that they don't take care of the PKK and that federal borders need to be secured etc etc.

Most likely KRG/Pesh/PKK would be confident to start a large fight against Iraqi army but not so much against Turkish. Baghdad not in a position to take that risk I guess.

RIP doesn't cut it, Iran should not let terrorists use it's soil to launch attacks on a neighboring country.
actually today IRGC did a military drill in Kurdistan area threatening KRG. last week also we were bombing them, it's weird timing for them to do an operation specially against turkey and from our region.

I don't know why Baghdad doesn't seize this opportunity to send troops further north into KRG, all the excuses are there. Blame the KRG that they don't take care of the PKK and that federal borders need to be secured etc etc.

Most likely KRG/Pesh/PKK would be confident to start a large fight against Iraqi army but not so much against Turkish. Baghdad not in a position to take that risk I guess.
US would not let you to do that.

Maybe.

In 2017 US didn't mind as they must have agreed Barzani was going too far with the independence referendum.

If there's one US president that wouldn't mind, if you offer them a good deal it's Trump. Issue is the entire Pentagon and State Department will probably try to sabotage it, as they did with any Tayyip-Trump agreement in Syria.

Bolton said in his book that he's not very fond of the Syrian Kurds at least.

actually today IRGC did a military drill in Kurdistan area threatening KRG. last week also we were bombing them, it's weird timing for them to do an operation specially against turkey and from our region.
Like i said, one of the problem is PKK operating in Iran.

Continue to block til they stop supporting the PKK, obviously, what else?

Anyway, the baltics will end up annexed by the end of this decade!

But this act also a message to Russians, not think in one way.

Turkey definitely received something in return

There is alot of background work going on right now
We should also consider that entire Eastern Europe was backing this plan. You cannot make ten new enemies just to hurt one rival. There's something called realpolitik. Besides, next time they know that Turkey could block a proposal for real. At the end of this day, NATO is acting against Russian interests.

We didn't win, we didn't lose, we didn't make new enemies but we did emphasize our point of view.

Keşkem bütün diplomatik yenilgilerimiz böyle olsa...

You should explain it to our eastern NATO partner, and try to bring the affected states on your side. Tit for tat.

Back
Top Bottom