What's new

The end of the deal, hopes, delusions and treasons

I don’t like Zarif. But I have said time and time again, Russians are not to be trusted. That is why they have zero allies around the world. Even China doesn’t consider the Russians allies.

Not to mention that Bibi and Putin are friends.
This series of audio files have been created by Reformists, one sided interviews to allow government officials repeat their lies without being countered. so it's them who have given a copy of it to Saudi founded Iran internation TV. as expected Zarif continues his treason and lies in this file; calling them a leak is a way for making them more believable.

Iran International tv first published a small part in which Zarif talks against Syria and martyr Suleimani (as expected from a traitor), Iran's foreign ministry reacted and said it's actually a 7 hours interview and that tv has manipulated the audio file, then Iran international tv reacted and said they will publish the 3 hours audio file, few minutes later, Reformist media in Iran published that 3 hours first! Wahhabis and Reformists in full harmony! and you...

Last edited:

I don’t like Zarif. But I have said time and time again, Russians are not to be trusted. That is why they have zero allies around the world. Even China doesn’t consider the Russians allies.

Not to mention that Bibi and Putin are friends.

Why are you surprised? The same Russia supported UNSC-sanctions against Iran in the pre-JCPOA era.

In the end, the concept of 'trust' in international relations is unfathomable to me. Why should Iran trust anyone? Seriously. Countries always look after their own interests, and in the grand scheme of things, Iran has been seen by the likes of Russia and China as exchangeable political assets to be used in their dealings with the West. This imbalance in power and importance between Iran and its superpower partners will rest until Iran boost its own relative strength.

How many countries in the world, other than Iran, would defy a significant amount of pressure and/or serious incentives to firmly stand behind or drop their partners and allies? How many times has the United States withdrew support from its then-allies because it didn't needed these allies any more or other more interests were considered to be more consequential? It's in the nature of a great power to be less vulnerable and have the ability to cut loose partners if interests warrants so.

Now, considering Russia's sabotage in 2015. There was a time, before the nuclear deal was signed, that Russia sincerely feared that the agreement would be the beginning of a rapprochement between Iran and the US (Israel by the way feared the same). Pretty much every regional country has this fear of Iran one day returning to the fold of the West, which would completely alter the geopolitical landscape in everyone's (excluding Iran) disadvantage. With this in mind, it isn't by any means a surprise that the Russians wanted to prevent the pro-West faction in Iran from gaining predominance. They found a wilful and like-minded ally in Iran that feared the same nightmare, the IRGC, and the rest is history.

I remember a conversation I once had with professor and former Secretary-General of NATO, Jaap de Hoop Scheffer, who also thought (nobody banked on Trump) that the JCPOA would eventually lead to a more pro-West orientation of Iranian politics and foreign policy. This possibility was shared by a lot of influential actors on the world stage. So no surprise that Russia attempted to derail this détente to protect its strategic interests on its southern flank.

Last edited:
Zarif in published audio file: Russia entered Syria because they wanted to destroy the JCPOA!!!

The rest of the words of this traitor are as much accurate, but from another angle he is right, Zarif's ultimate goal in JCPOA was to destroy Iran's power (through JCPOA2, JCPOA3,...), weakening Iran and making it dependent on west, so yes, Russia's entrance in Syria was against this goal.

The fact that Zarif insisted to keep Iran's arms embargo in JCPOA (against Russia and China suggestion) also confirms my interpretation of this traitor's mission.

The fact that Zarif insisted to keep Iran's arms embargo in JCPOA (against Russia and China suggestion) also confirms my interpretation of this traitor's mission.
This is justification enough to convert lady zarif into firewood...

With this in mind, it isn't by any means a surprise that the Russians wanted to prevent the pro-West faction in Iran from gaining predominance. They found a wilful and like-minded ally in Iran that feared the same nightmare, the IRGC, and the rest is history.

What do you mean with "the rest is history"? The JCPOA agreement was clinched, wasn't it? The Jewish-Zionist influence over US politics is neither the fault of the IRGC nor of Russia.

Wait, did Zarif call for extension of arms embargo on Iran? What the hell?
Yes. China and Russia suggested that the UN arms ban on Iran should expire 1 year after Iran fully implemented its obligations. The United States and the Europeans insisted that it should expire 5 years after full implementation by Iran, hence in 2020. Zarif eventually gave in and said that 5 years is acceptable by Iran.

The arms embargo has been expired since October and who has sold Iran even a military brochure ? No one

I remember many of you on here thumping your chest when the embark “expired” (yeah right). Where are the military deals? Where are the agreements?

Russia and China want to keep iran down just as much as the west, but some of you are delusional to see that.

I cannot wait till there is conservative leadership in the executive suite of the republic. Then you will see what they are going to agree to and with no Zarif or Rouhani to use as a scapegoat I will be interested to see your excuses for whoever is the next president and his admin are.
Yes. China and Russia suggested that the UN arms ban on Iran should expire 1 year after Iran fully implemented its obligations. The United States and the Europeans insisted that it should expire 5 years after full implementation by Iran, hence in 2020. Zarif eventually gave in and said that 5 years is acceptable by Iran.

IR leadership gave in. And Arms embargo has been expired since October 2020 and not a single arms deal announced. So I doubt it expiring earlier in 2016/2017 would have led to any deals and actually could have stunted Bavar-373 development, if military brass turned to Russian S-400. Bavar-373 came from desperation of Russian refusal to supply S-300 way back in 2010. A blessing in disguise.

What happened to all those “deals” that are just “ready to be signed” once the embargo falls off?

Russia and China won’t sell Iran anything useful. Just old outdated crap and then turn around and give Israel the backdoors like they did with the TOR-M1 friend or foe system.

Last edited:
IR leadership gave in. And Arms embargo has been expired since October 2020 and not a single arms deal announced. So I doubt it expiring earlier in 2016/2017 would have led to any deals and actually could have stunted Bavar-373 development, if military brass turned to Russian S-400. Bavar-373 came from desperation of Russian refusal to supply S-300 way back in 2010. A blessing in disguise.

What happened to all those “deals” that are just “ready to be signed” once the embargo falls off?

Russia and China won’t sell Iran anything useful. Just old outdated crap and then turn around and give Israel the backdoors like they did with the TOR-M1 friend or foe system.
The official story is that Zarif gave in and the story was told by the Russians if I'm not mistaken. So, a third party has said this story, not a conservative in Iran. You were there as much as I was there. So, I'm rather inclined to believe the story by someone who was there at the negotiating table.

S300 was never blocked by the UN arms embargo on Iran because it was a defensive weapon. Nevertheless, S300 was fully delivered to Iran before 2020, in 2016 if I'm not mistaken. So, your argument that it could've hindered the development of Bavar-373 cannot be based on that. If anything, the delivery of S300 might've even helped the development of Bavar-373.

You do realize that the embargo has been lifted for less than a year as of now. Right? It was lifted in October 2020 if I'm not mistaken. So, we need to wait for another 6 months at least. Iran needs fighter jets. They can't deliver tens of fighter jets to you in 6 months, but in 5 years and 6 months? Yes, they could. We might've had some decent fighter jets had the embargo been lifted in 2016. Although I have never said that I trust Russia or China and I think there might very well refuse to sell Iran game changing weapons, but that's a different matter.

We don't know if TOR-M1 had backdoors, but it is possible. Anyway, having some new fighter jets even in small numbers might eventually help us with the development of aerospace industry in Iran. If not, we will be limited to upgraded versions of F5 for a foreseeable future.

The arms embargo has been expired since October and who has sold Iran even a military brochure ? No one

I remember many of you on here thumping your chest when the embark “expired” (yeah right). Where are the military deals? Where are the agreements?

Russia and China want to keep iran down just as much as the west, but some of you are delusional to see that.

I cannot wait till there is conservative leadership in the executive suite of the republic. Then you will see what they are going to agree to and with no Zarif or Rouhani to use as a scapegoat I will be interested to see your excuses for whoever is the next president and his admin are.

There are 3 possibilities:
1. Iran wanted to order something but Russia/China refused
2. Iran has not made any attempt to order arms from Russia/China
3. Deal(s) has/have been made, but is/are kept secret for now

Given the inclinations of the current iranian government I would judge 2 as the most likely

Backdoor for an IFF? Sounds like bullshit to me.

again that smear campaign against zarif , how conveniently peple forget all the branch of Islamic republic accepted the Deal

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom