What's new

The End of Non-interference? - China Analysis, Euro CFR

There is a big difference, Vietnam and India are opposed to Chinese interests. When China grows stronger, they grow more worried.

Bangladesh on the other hand has no such issue. When China grows stronger, it is good for Bangladesh too.

Geopolitics is all about the alignment of interests.

vietcongs were at one time alligning with our interest
india said "Chini-indi bai bai"
there are many cases relating to some other countries
The whole events are chilling!

vietcongs were at one time alligning with our interest
india said "Chini-indi bai bai"
there are many cases relating to some other countries
The whole events are chilling!

Both of those countries have territorial disputes with us.

Bangladesh on the other hand does not even have any borders with us, let alone territorial disputes.

Both of those countries have territorial disputes with us.

Bangladesh on the other hand does not even have any borders with us, let alone territorial disputes.

There are some other countries which do not have a territorial dispute with us but they back stabbed us too
In fact in the case of vietcongs the territorial dispute over SCS is heated up just rather recently - after the vietcongs gained control of their mainland

There are some other countries which do not have a territorial dispute with us but they are stabbing us too
In fact in the case of vietcongs the territorial dispute was heated up just rather recently - after the vietcongs gain control of their mainland

The question is, do those other countries "gain" or "lose" from China becoming more powerful?

In the end, we can only rely on ourselves. But there are many countries in the world who stand to gain from China's rise (Pakistan for example), and these can become reliable allies for us in the future.

The question is, do those other countries "gain" or "lose" from China becoming more powerful?

In the end, we can only rely on ourselves. But there are many countries in the world who stand to gain from China's rise (Pakistan for example), and these can become reliable allies for us in the future.

The 'power' thing is not the point and when countries seeing power as the only reason to form alliance then forget about true friendship

Pakistanis have their own agenda but they stood behind us when we were poor and powerless

Pakistanis have their own agenda but they stood behind us when we were poor and powerless

Yes, because China and Pakistan have closely aligned interests. When China does well, it is good for Pakistan. When Pakistan does well, it is good for China. Hence we are natural allies.

The 'power' thing is not the point and when countries seeing power as the only reason to form alliance then forget about true friendship

I don't understand what you are trying to say?

Geopolitical relations between countries are not like "personal friendships" between people.

Alliances in the world are always dependent on power and interests.

Yes, because China and Pakistan have closely aligned interests. When China does well, it is good for Pakistan. When Pakistan does well, it is good for China. Hence we are natural allies.

It is when one party who is not doing well but the other party in the alliance that can offer help is more treasured

I don't understand what you are trying to say?

Geopolitical relations between countries are not like "personal friendships" between people.

Alliances in the world are always dependent on power and interests.

it is not personal friendship OF COURSE!
The case of argument here was started over my question of the Banglashis guarantee of not a back stabber because their country is "democratic" and anytime an american / indian intervention will turn the table against us.
Do you know which countries are doing that?
Dont be naive. Power and interests are short term solutions not to say we have awful experience at the receiving ends of back stabbing many many times

It is when one party who is not doing well but the other party in the alliance that can offer help is more treasured

it is not personal friendship OF COURSE!
The case of argument here was started over my question of the Banglashis guarantee of not a back stabber because their country is "democratic" and anytime an american / indian intervention will turn the table against us.
Do you know which countries are doing that?
Dont be naive. Power and interests are short term solutions

I don't understand what you are trying to say. Maybe explain it further?

China and Bangladesh have a great partnership, and we cooperate in many areas. I believe we should continue to improve this relationship as much as possible.

I don't understand what you are trying to say. Maybe explain it further?

China and Bangladesh have a great partnership, and we cooperate in many areas. I believe we should continue to improve this relationship as much as possible.

We ARE not talking about "relationship' here
See the title of "End of non-intervention" - thereby my question for the Bangladeshi's guarantee if we 'intervene"

FYI kalu miah and his fellow Islamists don't want that. In fact they would be happy if you cut all ties with the present BD govt. They want you to support one group in BD and I highly doubt that China would do that. China has no interest in internal politics of BD, it doesn't even share a common border with BD.

Back
Top Bottom