What's new

The Economist: Made in China - New, Improved and Stronger than ever

Got any ideas on my paper?
Yep, demographic bonus is continuously diminishing. But I see the beginning of real demographic bonus has just unveiled.

Hehehe, are you doing research on pharmacologic treatments?

Angle closure glaucoma -- that is associated to a pathology in the canal of schlem , yes ? Pilocarpine, carbachol, should be considered, if its refractive, surgical intervention should be used to unblock the canal block.

;)

----

Back to the subject matter tho, there will be vast opportunities in human service sector for China. Definitely. :)

Angle closure glaucoma -- that is associated to a pathology in the canal of schlem , yes ? Pilocarpine, carbachol, should be considered, if its refractive, surgical intervention should be used to unblock the canal block.

;)

----

Back to the subject matter tho, there will be vast opportunities in human service sector for China. Definitely. :)
Yep, it is the drainage that matters.
A drainage system is also needed here.:-)
Got to sleep now.

中国制造2025 (Made in China 2025)

To accelerate the transformation of China from a big manufacturing power to a strong manufacturing power, Premier Li Keqiang advanced the "Made in China 2025" concept in his Government Work Report to the top legislature this year. There are three stages to the transformation that will take about three decades all together. "Made in China 2025" is the guideline for the first decade. It will lay a solid foundation for the next two stages.

It focuses on an innovation drive, intellectual property and green development. The authorities will also provide preferential policies to promote the restructuring of the traditional manufacturing industry, and support enterprises' mergers and reorganization, as well as market competition. Industrialization and informatization will be deeply integrated to make breakthroughs in some key fields.

Minister of Industry and Information Technology Miao Wei said the "Made in China 2025" strategy is of great significance to the development of China's manufacturing industry. In 2010 China became the biggest manufacturing power in the world, but not a strong manufacturing power as China lacks enterprises and products that have international competitiveness. It is expected that the "Made in China 2025" plan will lift the country into the second tier of the global manufacturing industry by then.

The thing is, we in Germany have been facing this problem in the last two decades and it's only getting worse. A large chunk of unemployment is not even declared as such. The state piles up debts to pay all the welfares and pensions, although the amount of welfare has been reduced drastically and pensions have been stagnating.

I think you still don't understand the socio-economic implications that this development will entail.
thats the inherent problem with capitalism. with rising productivity, maybe its time to look at communism again.

China now has to concentrate on innovation which I think is a problem in many Asian countries where it is encouraged to follow the rules instead of inventing new ones.

China now has to concentrate on innovation which I think is a problem in many Asian countries where it is encouraged to follow the rules instead of inventing new ones.

I don't know about you but I have never believed in inherent innovation. Just look at the products that China has put out that address undermet needs and ignored market niches. There's a reason why Indian pharmaceuticals sell widely abroad - its because they dare treat the neglected tropical diseases (its an official term) that western pharma doesn't touch because of low profits and difficulty of research - its why they're called "neglected".

A lot is yet to come。A lot more。

Three key words:blowouts、blowouts and blowouts。:D

No wonder “Industry 4.0” is the catch-phrase of today。

What will happen in 20 years? That's not far into the future. Immigration is not the solution for a highly automated economy.

Sure, our high-tech products will probably remain competitive. But what are we going to do with the growing number of either unemployment or low wage workers that despite working full time still have to rely on welfare? this has nothing to do with geopolitics.
The problem with your country is the distribution of wealth you can create, the problem with China is that, how can we arrive where your are first.

Be afraid, be very very afraid!!!

ok, I am just kidding.

Liquid Metal Robots Are Almost Here (and They Are Made in China)
Ekaterina Blinova, 19:41 11.03.2015(updated 16:09 13.03.2015)

The Chinese researchers hope to create a non-rigid robot resembling the fictional T-1000 from Terminator 2, however, the robot would be used mostly to observe environmental changes or to deliver materials within pipes and tiny blood vessels.

A group of Chinese researchers has invented a bizarre self-powered liquid metal motor – apparently a step towards the creation of a copy of the morphing robot from Terminator 2.

The group's ultimate goal is to create an intelligent non-rigid robot resembling the fictional T-1000 from Terminator 2. However, according to the team leader, the robot based on their invention would be used mostly to observe environmental changes or to deliver materials within pipes and tiny blood vessels.

The invention is astonishingly simple: the self-powered liquid metal motor is a drop of alloy made mostly of gallium – a soft silvery metal that melts at 29.76 C (85.57 F) – indium and tin. Curiously enough, when placed into a solution of sodium hydroxide or even salt, and bought into contact with a small thin piece of aluminum (its "fuel"), the drop moves around for almost an hour, travelling in a straight line, or drifting around the circular dish, or squashing into different shapes.

Cont. -> Liquid Metal Robots Are Almost Here (and They Are Made in China) / Sputnik International

Be afraid, be very very afraid!!!

ok, I am just kidding.

Liquid Metal Robots Are Almost Here (and They Are Made in China)
Ekaterina Blinova, 19:41 11.03.2015(updated 16:09 13.03.2015)

The Chinese researchers hope to create a non-rigid robot resembling the fictional T-1000 from Terminator 2, however, the robot would be used mostly to observe environmental changes or to deliver materials within pipes and tiny blood vessels.

A group of Chinese researchers has invented a bizarre self-powered liquid metal motor – apparently a step towards the creation of a copy of the morphing robot from Terminator 2.

The group's ultimate goal is to create an intelligent non-rigid robot resembling the fictional T-1000 from Terminator 2. However, according to the team leader, the robot based on their invention would be used mostly to observe environmental changes or to deliver materials within pipes and tiny blood vessels.

The invention is astonishingly simple: the self-powered liquid metal motor is a drop of alloy made mostly of gallium – a soft silvery metal that melts at 29.76 C (85.57 F) – indium and tin. Curiously enough, when placed into a solution of sodium hydroxide or even salt, and bought into contact with a small thin piece of aluminum (its "fuel"), the drop moves around for almost an hour, travelling in a straight line, or drifting around the circular dish, or squashing into different shapes.

Cont. -> Liquid Metal Robots Are Almost Here (and They Are Made in China) / Sputnik International

If realized, would have amazing military use.

It is unfair to say that East Asians fall behind in innovation, you got this image only because of media's propaganda. When you check important innovation index, such as patents or whatever, East Asian countries such as Japan Korea Singapore always among very top (very top I mean top 5), while China, at her level of development, i.e. USD$8,000 per capita nominal GDP, is far better than most countries (if not all countries) with per capita GDP under $15,000 in terms of science, technology, education, and innovation. The next country right up before China in GDP per capita ladder is Colombia in South America, do you think these two countries have anything similar in terms of science and innovation? Do not compare China with USA, China has just not developed to that level yet.

Last edited:
What will happen when one day machines can replace human in service sector?Maybe we should teist out DNA to produce a new more productive human race.

Anytime, my friend. Like picking rice, we have to sift through the good parcels from the bad.

Have you seen @Yizhi lately? I feel my lil bro has been gone for some time now... :(
aw...you miss me?:partay:
i've been quite busy recently, don't have much time to reply especially in English....

Got any ideas on my paper?
Yep, demographic bonus is continuously diminishing. But I see the beginning of real demographic bonus has just unveiled.

;)

----

......:o: @AndrewJin ?! now i'm surprised...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom