What's new

The dark side of Dubai

The 'dark side' of Dubai is MUCH more brighter than the dark side of Delhi. The thing with these Indians I've noticed is that they will always try to point out negative aspects of others, when in fact, the negative aspect of their own country fares much worse. I believe they do this to hide their own insecurities and inferiority - typical Indian mindset.

Africans of Asia will always be Africans of Asia.

And Kashmir was the original Shangri-La, now? It's known as the hell on earth. We all have Indian democracy and freedom to thank for.

So just bcoz the thread starter is an indian you wil bash whole India ??? And listen up you Arab India was not gifted with minerals like petrol so that we can sell it and make our city beautifull but we know how to use our brains and using it to develop .
And regarding Kashmir have you ever been there and who has really made a hell of it??

your post is exactly showing the arab mentality and racism speard out there.

They buy properties and live on credit cards and when they can't pay they start crying??? Seriously??

Agree with you on this. The couple in question here had a pretty good income judging by their description of the good days, still they spent themselves to bankruptcy, and then they say its Dubai's fault. I cannot agree with that, and neither can i agree when some european journalist says dubai is built on debt because its gdp/debt is more than 100% when pretty much all of Europe's debt situation is worse. What i can agree with is that they seriously exploit foreign workers and have an attitude problem.

Yes Dubai is all glossy and shiny and its not always what it is made up to be but stay and spend within your limits and everything will be okay.

The 'dark side' of Dubai is MUCH more brighter than the dark side of Delhi. The thing with these Indians I've noticed is that they will always try to point out negative aspects of others, when in fact, the negative aspect of their own country fares much worse. I believe they do this to hide their own insecurities and inferiority - typical Indian mindset.

Africans of Asia will always be Africans of Asia.

And Kashmir was the original Shangri-La, now? It's known as the hell on earth. We all have Indian democracy and freedom to thank for.

As one lecturing Indians on self respect and dignity on all unrelated threads, please feel free to proudly use your correct flag :tup:

Dubai is wicked, expats such as the ones in the article need to get over themselves. Who told them to live beyond their means, if they didn't they would be fine. There are millions who are happy with living and working in the u.a.e, every coin has two sides.

The only downside to dubai is the south asian workforce they have, they are treated like sh1t. The emiratis need to look after them alot better, employment laws are enshrined however the companies don't appy these laws and the complainants embassies also turn a blind eye. Those working under western companies fair alot better than those working for u.a.e firms/subsidiarys.
The sheikhs provide quite alot for their own citizens, so if the citizens aren't complaining what right do others have to demean the u.a.e. If you are not happy you can always catch the next banana boat to where you came from.
Oil will however one day run out so the u.a.e and other arabs nations need to build new advanced technological industries, but they are arrogant and ignorant in this sense, they would rather invest in gold plated toilet seats.

When i visited the u.a.e i also found them to be arrogant, they look down on Pakistanis but i gave back as good as i got, they changed their attitude when they so my British passport. Despite this point there are good apples and bad apples in every society so no disrespect to u.a.e citizens.

how do the people in South Asia and the Philippines keep getting tricked into going to Dubai to become slaves?

China does not have this problem; if anyone gets enslaved, then everyone will avoid that place like the plague. I never see foreign employment agents go to even the poorest villages and try to get people to go overseas.

how do the people in South Asia and the Philippines keep getting tricked into going to Dubai to become slaves?

China does not have this problem; if anyone gets enslaved, then everyone will avoid that place like the plague. I never see foreign employment agents go to even the poorest villages and try to get people to go overseas.

That's because we are slaves by mentality, we are not independent. Go to Pakistan and see for your self, our countries are not industrialized and self sufficient, not to mention all of the corruption from the top echelons to the common merchant, everyone is cheating the other, which is why people go to foreign countries to seek jobs and better opportunities, but not everyone is successful, as is in the case of Pakistani workers in Dubai.

Visit ANY massage parlour in any emirate, you will be pleasantly educated.

Visit ANY massage parlour in any emirate, you will be pleasantly educated.

i haven't been to the emirates, but assuming that one massage parlour can serve 10000 customers annually (30 per day) and has 10 employees (3 per day per employee), there would be only 150 parlours in the UAE, with 1500 employees. that's nothing compared to the millions of Indians being enslaved.

On top of that, massage parlour employees work in air conditioned environments with plenty of food and water (needed to maintain appearance and to make profit), while Indians are forced to work as field slaves in construction for 14 hours per day (no need to maintain appearance, just enough food to survive).

As for facts:

Expatriates in the United Arab Emirates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are approximately 180,000 Chinese people in the United Arab Emirates,[21] 150,000 of which are in Dubai.[22] Many Chinese expatriates hail from the Wenzhou region; they are mostly businessmen and merchants who run hundreds of commodity shops.[23] Chinese culture in the Emirates has a sizeable presence; there is an overwhelming number of Chinese restaurants in Dubai.

Indians in the United Arab Emirates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Indians in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) constitute a large part of population of the country. Over a million Indian migrants are estimated to be living in the UAE (2000),[1] who form over 40% of the total population of the UAE.

A study conducted in 2004 found the median salary range of Indian migrants to be between Dh 1,001—1,500 (between US$ 270—408) per month (or US$ 3,240—4,896 per year), considerably below the national per capita income of US$ 55,200. Only 9% of those surveyed earned a salary of Dh 5,000 (US$ 1,360) or more per month.

As for treatment of Chinese in Dubai:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubai_Chinatown

Dubai Chinatown is an 800-hectare development near Dubai International Airport; it includes a business district shaped like a dragon, its own great wall, and a forbidden city. Once completed the town will be capable to accommodate 60,000 people. Dubai Chinatown will cost $47 million, (AED 173 million). Upon completion, Dubai china town is claimed to be the world's largest china town.

The mixed-use project involves the construction of residential apartments, hotels, a shopping mall, entertainment facilities, factory outlets, warehousing. The development includes the construction of a shopping mall to be built in the shape of a dragon over 150,000 square metres and a 30,000 square feet (2,800 m2) warehousing facility. It is being tendered in four phases. The three other phases of construction are Chinamex apartments 1 and 2 and Chinamart.

Meanwhile...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indians_in_the_United_Arab_Emirates

The remaining migrants (about one-third) live in collective labour accommodations (referred to as labour camps), such as those in Mussafah (Abu Dhabi) or Sonapur (Dubai). Approximately 88% of those living in collective labour accommodations live in rooms with an average occupancy ranging from four to eight.[8] Recently, Human Rights Watch criticised the labour accommodations, calling the living conditions less than human.[9]

Indians alone make up 40% of the population of the UAE.

All East Asians and Europeans combined make up 8%.

There's no need to drag China into this, I was just saying that I've never seen people here get enslaved by foreigners in the past 10 years. If anyone gets enslaved (like the way they did in Israel and Britain) they will tell others, and immigration drops correspondingly. I'm just amazed that Indians got enslaved 40 years ago, still got tricked to become slaves 20 years ago, and are still being enslaved today. Does no one warn people back home?

So the stories of Chinese being smuggled inside containers to USA and made to work in the sweatshops are all a lie.

Smuggling of Chinese Ends in a Box of Death, Squalor

Indians alone make up 40% of the population of the UAE.

All East Asians and Europeans combined make up 8%.

There's no need to drag China into this, I was just saying that I've never seen people here get enslaved by foreigners in the past 10 years. If anyone gets enslaved (like the way they did in Israel and Britain) they will tell others, and immigration drops correspondingly. I'm just amazed that Indians got enslaved 40 years ago, still got tricked to become slaves 20 years ago, and are still being enslaved today. Does no one warn people back home?

Enslaved?What are you smoking? You work under a contract 2-3 yrs long like in any other job in anyother country.After that you are free to leave the company or country.

Enslaved?What are you smoking? You work under a contract 2-3 yrs long like in any other job in anyother country.After that you are free to leave the company or country.

They have their passports taken and are paid less than they are in India with prices higher than the US. That is fking insane and is essentially slavery.

So the stories of Chinese being smuggled inside containers to USA and made to work in the sweatshops are all a lie.

Smuggling of Chinese Ends in a Box of Death, Squalor

The biggest scandal happened 17 years ago in 1993 and ended in 2000 with the arrest of Sister Ping, head of the human smuggling ring, in Hong Kong.

Most of them are from Fujian, which has a tradition of illegal immigration, and no matter how bad the US is, it still has more respect for human rights than Arab monarchies.

Simple fact is Dubai and many gulf countries have oil and need tons of South Asians to build their Golden Towers.

Back
Top Bottom