What's new

The curious case of Nasr's terminal guidance

Why so much hype over a missile, which in essence is a Multi barrel guided rocket with just 70 Km range. I believe even A100 outranges Nasr

Hype is that NASR can roast an entire column of Indian Armor within a blink of eye , which A-100 can't do .. NASR was never about range it was about using a Battlefield tactical nuclear to stop IA advancements .

Hype is that NASR can roast an entire column of Indian Armor within a blink of eye , which A-100 can't do .. NASR was never about range it was about using a Battlefield tactical nuclear to stop IA advancements .

NASR can't do that, it is the untested tactical nuclear weapon Pakistan claims to have developed.

NASR on its own, is just short ranged guided rocket. Frankly put a MLRS truck has more fire power and range than a conventionally armed Nasr truck.

NASR can't do that, it is the untested tactical nuclear weapon Pakistan claims to have developed.

NASR on its own, is just short ranged guided rocket. Frankly put a MLRS truck has more fire power and range than a conventionally armed Nasr truck.
You are welcome to try if it works or not :)

We already have MLRS for this role, What is your point?
Can MLRS carries 400 KG ammunition and evade Air defense system?

we are confident that it will crisp your forces if used, but I pray that we never get to the point where we have to use it on you ..
Dear we will not use Nasr in Nuclear role(this is for deterrence), we have enough power Alhamdulillah to stop them conventionally and Nasr in conventional role is also very dangerous for our neighbors.

Dear we will not use Nasr in Nuclear role(this is for deterrence), we have enough power Alhamdulillah to stop them conventionally and Nasr in conventional role is also very dangerous for our neighbors.

in conventional role how different is Nasar from A100E

Ring Laser Gyros..
plenty more can be used for same purpose, not just RLG.

Abdali missile was able to carry 500 Kg nuclear warhead (that was publicly known least heavy nuclear warhead before Nasr) upto 180 Km with different dimensions (0.5 m diameter and 9+ m height)

If we assume after the progression of so many years in Nuclear technology Pakistan succeed to develop sub kilo-newton warhead in 200-250 kg range than it should not reduce the range of Nasr, but if its heavier than this range then the question arise how much heavier the warhead is .... ?? is it in range of 250-300 kg or above ....?? which is impacting the range of Nasr as much as 1/3 of the range of other 400 mm systems

@The Deterrent ..... Missile wali Sarkar kuch kashf ..... kuch kiramaat ....

logical assessment....
Weight may not be the only issue, volume is also an issue.
If you compare a ws-2 rocket with nasr, both being 400mm and similar dimensions, the amount of ws-2 structure dedicated for carrying fuel is about 20% more than the volume of body in nasr dedicated to carry fuel, as nasr instruments and warhead compartment is larger than ws-2.
so it carries less fuel than comparable rockets,

Who cares. Lets forget about feeding them ANYTHING. They are the enemy, their deaths are relevant to us. Whether they believe a nuclear warhead coming for them as a vedic event, a shooting star or a chinese copy that we could never achieve; what matters is that they WILL be killed, they WILL suffer death and destruction.
If the entire missile that kills 10 million Indians is a copy or a korth korean painted over is irrelevant.
They died, our objective was achieved. Period.
reading the posts here , the diarrhea here emanated, solely from your party's circle jerk.
That too on a thread which seems to have stumbled upon high school notion of forward foreplanes, quite shameful.

Last edited:
@Oscar

IMO ... I can't see how the Nasr alone fulfills the Army's requirement.

I understand the point (i.e., to deliver miniature warheads in a tactical scenario), but at 70 km, the range is limited. In fact, for it work you would have to pick-up Indian movements well in advance and, in turn, deploy the firing units to get in range of the IBGs' centers. This isn't including the threat of enemy air power, long-range SOW strikes, etc.

It appears that a need is still there for longer-range SRBMs, and of particular, an Iskander-type design. Basically, the same concept as the Nasr, but at 150 km and 250-300 km. A long-range attack capability will offer a quicker response time, especially if you have a dynamic/real-time ground surveillance capability to ascertain the IBG's composition.

@Nilgiri @Joe Shearer @randomradio @MilSpec

Do you guys really wanna stay here ?

I was in this thread? I don't care about threads I don't enter esp knowing what they are gonna turn out like.

I go to better threads these days (where I don't have to from get go fight one hand behind my back) as much as I can. Problem solved. Such discussion on such topics, well I simply go to a better arena for it. It's really not too difficult.

I was in this thread? I don't care about threads I don't enter esp knowing what they are gonna turn out like.

I go to better threads these days (where I don't have to from get go fight one hand behind my back) as much as I can. Problem solved. Such discussion on such topics, well I simply go to a better arena for it. It's really not too difficult.

To each his own . Cheers.

@Nilgiri @Joe Shearer @randomradio @MilSpec

Do you guys really wanna stay here ? Anyways Your choice really . I will leave . Cheers.

I am sorry to read this exchange. It is sad to see you facing religious abuse, that too from someone whom I've admired and held up to other Indians as an example.

Please reconsider your decision.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom