What's new

The curious case of Nasr's terminal guidance

Now it would be interesting if batteries of Nasr could be fitted on our F-22P frigates.
and what role batteries of SHORT range (only 70 Km to be precise) TACTICAL nuclear missile of Nasr integrated with F-22P Frigate will perform ....???

You know once an Indian TT taunted about our obsession with Nasr missile and he said the exact same thing as taunt that one day we may installed Nasr on our F-22P ..... I termed him troll during our discussion ..... I regret saying this to him he was right to an extent

plz don't take it as offence I just want you understand how flawed this idea is ....

and what role batteries of SHORT range (only 70 Km to be precise) TACTICAL nuclear missile of Nasr integrated with F-22P Frigate will perform ....???

You know once an Indian TT taunted about our obsession with Nasr missile and he said the exact same thing as taunt that one day we may installed Nasr on our F-22P ..... I termed him troll during our discussion ..... I regret saying this to him he was right to an extent

plz don't take it as offence I just want you understand how flawed this idea is ....

Remember Dawarka? Anyway he was an Indian TT, he would say what he did. We need to recognize exactly how valuable this little missile is.

you will do as I have and never look back on Pakistan waiting for the day to burn this green passport to the ground seeing that it is essentially without any decent military leadership. Lions led by lambs should be the motto or brand name of the Pakistan military.

Faith isn't lost easy. Lets just leave it at that

That's a lot of pessimism.
Yes the going gets tougher, yes things come down at your head like exploding nukes, and yes losing faith comes easy.
But that's when the tough get going, and that's where the link and strength from your Creator and faith on His plan of things comes into play and makes the difference between weaker souls and souls that are resilient.

I don't know about your link with your faith, but a Muslim is anything but pessimistic and believes in the simple fact that all is from the Creator and His greater planning.
Do we expect the leadership be military or civilian to be any less corrupt or patriotic than what an average man is on the street? When the society is corrupt so are the people sitting over them.
The change starts with every one fixing their own selves before lifting the finger on another.

Yet in this very thread, you managed to insult a hindu's God, and have him insult your religion in return.
So who does the blame fall on and who is responsible here?
I don't blame the indian guy ...

That's a lot of pessimism.
Yes the going gets tougher, yes things come down at your head like exploding nukes, and yes losing faith comes easy.
But that's when the tough get going, and that's where the link and strength from your Creator and faith on His plan of things comes into play and makes the difference between weaker souls and souls that are resilient.

I don't know about your link with your faith, but a Muslim is anything but pessimistic and believes in the simple fact that all is from the Creator and His greater planning.
Do we expect the leadership be military or civilian to be any less corrupt or patriotic than what an average man is on the street? When the society is corrupt so are the people sitting over them.
The change starts with every one fixing their own selves before lifting the finger on another.

Yet in this very thread, you managed to insult a hindu's God, and have him insult your religion in return.
So who does the blame fall on and who is responsible here?
I don't blame the indian guy ...

Well said. Jazak Allah Khair.

Remember Dawarka? Anyway he was an Indian TT, he would say what he did. We need to recognize exactly how valuable this little missile is.
for this we have many other options ...

for this we have many other options ...

This is the way I look at it. We have an under utilized platform with unused real estate. We have a missile whose range allows for NoE tactics. It is cheap to produce, yet extremely potent and accurate. We should benefit from economies of scale by mass producing it and utilizing it to max potential.

When hostilities arise, many tactics are based on pure gambit. A target of opportunity presents itself and you make a judicious decision. The Indian coastline is fertile ground for such targets. Similarly, the case of softening up beach head targets, or providing cover to assaulting friendlies.

People see the videos and go... unremarkable. I see the videos and picture fuel air mixtures causing thermobaric effects.

The usual concept of Naval battle is frigates and destroyers firing missiles from distances. That may be so, but getting up close and personal and ramming a ship is an actual naval maneuver although not used often. The recent incidents with US ships were all ramming ones. The point is, you get up close and personal in a naval battle. Here is my scenario. While frigates/destroyers engage at stand-off distances while using severe electronic jamming, an F-22P could close the distance and take a shot. In a naval stand-off, the ships wouldn't be stationary. If F-22 can position itself such that the enemy ship naturally moves towards it while another ship diverts attention from stand-off distance, a shot can be taken.

And then there is the Indian coast guard. Soft targets that deserve our mass produced cheap version of the love letter.

Fig7.jpg
images (4).jpeg

images (3).jpeg

images (4).jpeg

Some of my own observations many years ago.
The missile has different types of warheads and movable front wings are evident by the circular hinges at their bottom

Also look at how large is the components and warhead compartment.

Last edited:
can you calculate diameter of Nasr ...??
I did a few years ago and posted here, can't find the post May be on my FB and twitter as well.
Will try to dig it up from there.
However I do remember 39 cm or something similar as the dia
Keeping in mind that Abdali is about 50 cm dia,, 39 cm or lower for Nasr, does make sense

I did a few years ago and posted here, can't find the post May be on my FB and twitter as well.
Will try to dig it up from there.
However I do remember 39 cm or something similar as the dia
Keeping in mind that Abdali is about 50 cm dia,, 39 cm or lower for Nasr, does make sense
thnx ....

39 cm it mean we can assume it + 400 mm (I am more inclined towards 400 mm )
if its length is + 7000 mm
If its warhead weight either >200 or <250 kg
and total weight is around + 1,200 kg

than the question arise why Nasr missile have such less range .... ???

thnx ....

39 cm it mean we can assume it + 400 mm (I am more inclined towards 400 mm )
if its length is + 7000 mm
If its warhead weight either >200 or <250 kg
and total weight is around + 1,200 kg

than the question arise why Nasr missile have such less range .... ???

Inertial navigation.

Back
Top Bottom