What's new

The curious case of Indian Punjabis

Just speaking my mind... he also told me a story of a sikh doctor in indian punjab who was an avid hunter... muslims took their daughters to him... and told him doctor sahab please shoot our daughters.... and by the end of it... the man who had a big trunk full of catridges had none left..... i also heard a story how refugees coming to our side... beheaded their daughters..... how women jumped into wells...when i heard abt the attrocities... my eyes got wet in my eyes... humanity was lost...

Thou a bit off topic but my grand father used to tell me story of one of his freind that when the balwaee's in lahore were breaking their doors daarji(as he used to call him) had no other choice but to kill his daughter in order to save her from those animals ,that when he used his sword to cut if her neck her thick choti or "guth" came in between the blade &her neck & that she remooved her guth & asked her dad again & this time he was sucsses ful & this was not a isolated event .

There are people who believe the world is flat and the moon is made of cheese. You may believe whatever you choose to believe. While sources like the BBC might not appear very legitimate to you, especially when they poke holes in India's offical narrative of the Mumbai incident, the whole world recognizes their legitimacy. And Infowars is a pretty big alternative-media giant in the US, they have an audience of millions. Is Pakistan funding them now?

There are facts. India faked the Mumbai terrorist list, that's a fact. This was a very serious incident, civilians lost their lives, the people responsible for handing over doctored lists that embarrassed India, should be held responsible.

Your facts are those that your government does not corroborate. So next you might get back saying that the even the Pakistani Government was complicit to your supposed farce. I am sure that it is also a fact for you that General Kiyani's favourite past time is knitting sweaters. Please refer to my earlier post. This will go nowhere. I rest my case.

End of the topic for u coz u r from tamilnadu....understandable

How does his being a Tamilian make any impact on his arguement? If you decline his perspective then you are going against the very premise of tolerance that you were earlier trying to espouse. Other members have actually been indulgent in discussing your even personal perspective so your dismissal in that manner of his thoughts smacks of hypocrisy. Do you not think so?

How does his being a Tamilian make any impact on his arguement? If you decline his perspective then you are going against the very premise of tolerance that you were earlier trying to espouse. Other members have actually been indulgent in discussing your even personal perspective so your dismissal in that manner of his thoughts smacks of hypocrisy. Do you not think so?

coz tamil nadu was not partitoned in 47 so may be he is not as sensitive to the issue we r discussing as i am or other punjabis might be. this clearly reflects in his posts as well

also yaar use simpler words .lol.ur post just increased my english vocab by 10%

Crux of the story : You can carry on with your bhaichara with anyone in the world, but as long as you call yourself Indian and subscribe to all the pros/cons that come with that tag, you have to adhere to the laws of Republic of India, which is a political entity just as all other nation states are.

coz tamil nadu was not partitoned in 47 so may be he is not as sensitive to the issue we r discussing as i am or other punjabis might be. this clearly reflects in his posts as well

Then you have no idea of the Dravidian resistance and their cause. You also do not know that Jinnah wanted the Dravidians to join in breaking away from India. The choice that got made in 47 and even ensuing decades to this day is a choice which is shared by every Indian. Pain of partition or the impact of the ensuing perpetual conflict with Pakistani Army is not the personal domain of only one community. It is shared across the nation. That is the beauty of it. Do you see a little bit of the whole idea of people coexisting in the nation like they do in US and Canada? Different ethinicities living together without consititutional prejudice to anyone?

His posts actually does not reflect any less grasp of the partition. Actually it merely reflects merely his view of the partition and its impact on the southern states of India. Cannot waive off his reservations bro.

Am happy that I helped on the language :) Do not be lazy, get better with us all. :)

buddy, just leave it now. the thing u are tryin to prove is not feasible in present scenario.

As far as making border irrelevant is concerned, you should first influence your brothers across the border with whom you share language, culture and all, not to send armed brainwashed kids with AKs!

At least I don't see Bangladeshis killing people indiscriminately in streets of Calcutta, yet we kill anyone who goes anywhere near Indo-BD border!

Crux of the story : You can carry on with your bhaichara with anyone in the world, but as long as you call yourself Indian and subscribe to all the pros/cons that come with that tag, you have to adhere to the laws of Republic of India, which is a political entity just as all other nation states are.

That's absolutely fair.

As far as making border irrelevant is concerned, you should first influence your brothers across the border with whom you share language, culture and all, not to send armed brainwashed kids with AKs!

At least I don't see Bangladeshis killing people indiscriminately in streets of Calcutta, yet we kill anyone who goes anywhere near Indo-BD border!

may be first i should do something about my fellow countrymen who have killed more sikhs than people from across the border

and also no need to go the border instead get butchered in the streets of the capital of great india

I think Indian Punjabis Have a lot in common with Pakistani Punjabis but those common things (which were there before 1947) are decreasing with the Passage of time and the things which were different are getting more and more important.Anyone who thinks that Indian Punjabis will live happily with Pakistani Punjabis if borders are removed in this period is unaware of Ground realities. i am also Punjabi Sikh Living outside Punjab in the city where my Grandparents migrated.And our current Generations are also Assimilating more with Hindi Speaking people.It is common to see Punjabi kids speaking in Hindi (the ones living outside Punjab) with each other and going away from the Language (without them realizing and unintentionally) of their parents and ancestors, which is very sad.

may be first i should do something about my fellow countrymen who have killed more sikhs than people from across the border

Along with killing Sikhs, your countrymen have also killed Muslims and Hindus and Christians and also are culprits of deprivation of women's & children's rights and caste discriminations and social and political and economic discriminations and that continues to this day.

Where do you want to start before getting back to your friends from across the border?

and also no need to go the border instead get butchered in the streets of the capital of great india

yes u should, i always support killing of culprits of anti sikh riots. but u can't do that in canada. u have to come to india for that.

Yes you really should gather more proof so that you can nail the alleged perpetrators in court.

Along with killing Sikhs, your countrymen have also killed Muslims and Hindus and Christians and also are culprits of deprivation of women's & children's rights and caste discriminations and social and political and economic discriminations and that continues to this day.

Where do you want to start before getting back to your friends from across the border?

the point of the post was that just because they have killed some of our people in the past and hence we cannot live with them is not valid

Back
Top Bottom