What's new

The curious case of Indian Punjabis

@SH You are low on facts, high on... something else. We were talking about Mumbai, and I posted many links. India was found faking the terrorist list it was flaunting to embarrass Pakistan. Many of the people India was claiming were responsible for conducting the Mumbai attacks, had already been in Indian jails for years(were in jail when the Mumbai attacks happened).

That type of non-serious opportunistic behavior really shot holes through India's case. Even western sources like the BBC and various American media noticed that, I posted many links that verify that. Make a logical argument based on facts if you're right, mindlessly repeating propaganda your government teaches doesn't win the argument, especially when it falls flat in the face of logic and facts.

I m also a Punjabi but this is utter BS from OP. even though lang, culture & traditions are same on both side of punjab but the diff is huge & it is growing with every year from partition. if there was so much love b/w muslims & sikh/hindus then why punjab witnessed maximum bloodshed. TO OP, it was in punjab where maximum ppl died during partition & there was no so called love for each other, there was only hatred & that too so much so that after partition hardly any muslim was there in indian punjab & hardly any hindu/sikh in pakistani punjab. even today max of pakistani hindus live in sindh or baluchistan, it is hard to find a hindu/sikh in pakistani punjab, same is the case in indian punjab with muslims.

Ok this thread is going no where..just people rehashing their posts again and again.

Have a good day gentlemen :wave:

Nope. Mumbai was a false-flag operation India staged, to diplomatically corner Pakistan at a time when Pakistan was already under alot of International pressure. They also did this after 9/11, staging some fake attack on the parliament and bringing the indo army to the border, to pressure Pakistan when the US was pressuring us to help with their Afghan invasion. Even further back during the Soviet invasion, India conducted false-flag attacks on itself to provide itself an excuse to pin us on our Eastern border, when Soviet armour was amassing at Parachinar in the west.

I posted dozens of links and facts in an earlier post, I still haven't ever seen any logical reply that addresses these facts.

None of your links bears any legitimacy. They are all conspiracy theories propagated by motivated interests. The truth is that your government acceped that Kasab is a Pakistani (after a lot of dilly dallying). Your media did an expose via the family of Kasab in Punjab in Pakistan.

This wierd motivated theory might be convincing for you but then it is nothing more for a world that accepts evidence based on sound facts and investigation. It also depends on the level of state propaganda acceptance that different people differently to such wild conspiracy theories.

Strong bromance in this thread.

I don't get this logic of brothers across the border.

When I look at an Indonesian, he looks almost the same as me, I can understand what he's saying, we pray to the same God, we dress almost the same, cuisine almost the same. Everything is so similar.

But my brothers are inside the borders, not in Indonesia, and I realise that. If anyone mentions about a merger with Indonesia aka "Indonesia-Raya" (Greater Indonesia) which the Indons love talking about, I'll be the first to get pissed. At the end of the day, I connect better with a fellow Malaysians regardless of what background, than the similar culture Indonesian people, and I can pretty confidently say all Malaysians feel the same.

At the end of the day, cultural similarities and politics are two different things. Try to take a look around the world, normally two countries with similar cultures are the worse of enemies. Happens everywhere.

I strongly agree. Just replyin to them in their own language.

Borders have happened and it is better for all to live happily with what we have chosen. End of topic.

I strongly agree. Just replyin to them in their own language.

Borders have happened and it is better for all to live happily with what we have chosen. End of topic.

End of the topic for u coz u r from tamilnadu....understandable

But they can't(muslims) live with you in a secular state if they are more than 60% of the population .
Once they reach 60% majorty there'll be demand for sharai based laws which negates the non muslims as second class citizens.

I think thats a load of BS.

somewhere in the back off their mind the Khalistanis know it ,hence never talk aboput bring in muslim majortity west punjab in the fold khalstan to buid the greater state of Punjab.

Irrespective of the ethnic linguistic bonhomie , the pappy jhappies , just like Bengalis of the west Bengal with respect to BD, the sikhs of indian punab in their right mind can never fathom to live with the Muslims of west Punjab in a single country .Religion is huge issue at least for the Muslims who can't compromise on it.

I dont know about the Bongs but we were living with them 60 years ago I see no reason why we cant do the same now if the politics allows us. And I take it that you have been fed on the pop history that Sikhs are enemies of Muslims. Read about this place Malerkotla and then tell me if Sikhs and Muslims cannot live together.

None of your links bears any legitimacy. They are all conspiracy theories propagated by motivated interests. The truth is that your government acceped that Kasab is a Pakistani (after a lot of dilly dallying). Your media did an expose via the family of Kasab in Punjab in Pakistan.

This wierd motivated theory might be convincing for you but then it is nothing more for a world that accepts evidence based on sound facts and investigation. It also depends on the level of state propaganda acceptance that different people differently to such wild conspiracy theories.

There are people who believe the world is flat and the moon is made of cheese. You may believe whatever you choose to believe. While sources like the BBC might not appear very legitimate to you, especially when they poke holes in India's offical narrative of the Mumbai incident, the whole world recognizes their legitimacy. And Infowars is a pretty big alternative-media giant in the US, they have an audience of millions. Is Pakistan funding them now?

There are facts. India faked the Mumbai terrorist list, that's a fact. This was a very serious incident, civilians lost their lives, the people responsible for handing over doctored lists that embarrassed India, should be held responsible.

End of the topic for u coz u r from tamilnadu....understandable

We too are separated into Lanka and Tamil Nadu (India)..BTW look at post # 527 from another Punjabi.

There are people who believe the world is flat and the moon is made of cheese. You may believe whatever you choose to believe. While sources like the BBC might not appear very legitimate to you, especially when they poke holes in India's offical narrative of the Mumbai incident, the whole world recognizes their legitimacy. And Infowars is a pretty big alternative-media giant in the US, they have an audience of millions. Is Pakistan funding them now?

There are facts. India faked the Mumbai terrorist list, that's a fact. This was a very serious incident, civilians lost their lives, the people responsible for handing over doctored lists that embarrassed India, should be held responsible.

Sure. Then why did Pakistan accept that Kasab is a Pakistani? And why is Pakistan pursuing a case against various people in Pakistan?

Infowars is a joke - they have even claimed that the Americans are behind 9/11 and the Oklahoma City bombing.

I m also a Punjabi but this is utter BS from OP. even though lang, culture & traditions are same on both side of punjab but the diff is huge & it is growing with every year from partition. if there was so much love b/w muslims & sikh/hindus then why punjab witnessed maximum bloodshed. TO OP, it was in punjab where maximum ppl died during partition & there was no so called love for each other, there was only hatred & that too so much so that after partition hardly any muslim was there in indian punjab & hardly any hindu/sikh in pakistani punjab. even today max of pakistani hindus live in sindh or baluchistan, it is hard to find a hindu/sikh in pakistani punjab, same is the case in indian punjab with muslims.
The argument of "why the partition riots then?" can be used for communities in India too. We have seen so many riots in India between different communities, havent we? Yet we are still living together.

The atmosphere of 1947 was dissimilar to anything the country or the world had seen. Very hard to put it in a context.

The argument of "why the partition riots then?" can be used for communities in India too. We have seen so many riots in India between different communities, havent we? Yet we are still living together.

The atmosphere of 1947 was dissimilar to anything the country or the world had seen. Very hard to put it in a context.

i can understand that but this love/connection b/w two punjabs is bit too much. punjabis on both side of border feel for each other for common things but no one will agree to live together now if given a chance.

Back
Top Bottom