What's new

The curious case of Indian Punjabis

the point of the post was that just because they have killed some of our people in the past and hence we cannot live with them is not valid

What steps do you propose to make that 'living together' thing happen in reality!

the point of the post was that just because they have killed some of our people in the past and hence we cannot live with them is not valid

It is not very wise thing to compare the violence which happened,both the partition holocaust and 1984 Sikh pogroms had different reasons.An Average Indian Hindu I believe does not hate Sikhs and does not Justify the Pogroms.

It is not very wise thing to compare the violence which happened,both the partition holocaust and 1984 Sikh pogroms had different reasons.An Average Indian Hindu I believe does not hate Sikhs and does not Justify the Pogroms.
and according to my experience an average pakistani muslim does not justify partition holocaust either and do not hate sikhs

To take your point (gladly so), where do you feel that any member seem to have reflected that India's keeness to have peaceful relations with Pakistan due to past events seems to be blunted. To understand the ground differences, I would suggest that you revisit the discussion earlier about today's bonhomie between Germany and France earlier on this thread.

That will reflect things in a more realstic perspective about the baggage that hounds the peace possibility between India and Pakistan. To hold a community or group for the non-existence of peace with Pakistan is actually naive I think.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

and according to my experience an average pakistani muslim does not justify partition holocaust either and do not hate sikhs

Quite possible that your said experience is correct. So what exactly do you think according to your friends is holding back Pakistan and India peace?

What steps do you propose to make that 'living together' thing happen in reality!

So what do you think you should do? What exactly is holding Pakistan back, what should we do to avail that same love and affection from common Pakistanis?

So please stop citing 1984 riots in every other post

So what do you think you should do? What exactly is holding Pakistan back, what should we do to avail that same love and affection from common Pakistanis?

I have suggested many time in this tread, "after you realize you have more affinity towards your people across border do something about it'.
Convince your brotherhood that they are better off together. If they dont like your idea, just cross over.
Apart from odd 2 beheading which happened in some border areas, sikhs are living happily in pakistan,especially in punjab(I am told).
Enjoy your stay.

Ravan, can you show me a post in which you have told what you are going to do about the condition of your lot?
I would like to read your suggestion.

I don't why the thread starter can't answer this simple question which has been asked again and again! Come on spell it dude, don't act like a sissy!

Thanks. So can you elaborate what you want to imply there? I mean more explicitly. Thanks.

Okay i ll do it again.....

If u go thru this thread some members pointed out that people from both sides of punjab cannot live together because of the barbaric acts that they committed during the partition. they think just coz some people from both sides behaved like animals we are condemned to be enemies for ever.I am using 1984 riots,godhra etc as a reference to indicate that even in India some innocent sikhs,muslims ,christians and even hindus in some cases have been murdered for no reason but still being a sikh i do not consider all the hindus as my enemies...i still live in peace with most of them....then why doesnt the same logic hold for people from pakistan

Back
Top Bottom