What's new

The Cold Start Doctrine Watch.

social development is a world wide problem, mostly a remnant and consequence of colonization, there are countries much richer than Pakistan who have worst social development problems.
I do not think that the world is financing Pakistan out of any other issue than the UN programs with well defined rules, conditions and requirements. that seals my discussion on the subject. Thanks brother.

There is only one nuclear power in the predicament of its own choosing, and that is Pakistan. There are many countries and agencies that have sunk billions upon billions of dollars into Pakistan, not just the UN. This cannot last.

There can be no development until you have strong security and for that and a region we live in we need a really strong Armed Forces and when HAZRAT MUHAMMAD SAW was dying he had around 8 swords and arrows and spears with him although he was hungry but never sold them
@The SC

I think it will be no problem if the Pakistan Army chooses to fight with all the swords and spears it wants. :D

There is only one nuclear power in the predicament of its own choosing, and that is Pakistan. There are many countries and agencies that have sunk billions upon billions of dollars into Pakistan, not just the UN. This cannot last.

I think it will be no problem if the Pakistan Army chooses to fight with all the swords and spears it wants. :D
Exactly this kind ofg answer was expected from a joker like you point is HAZRAT MUHAMMAD SAW had all the weapons with ready for war but these are matters off honor and dignity which you cowards will never get it:cool:

There can be no development until you have strong security and for that and a region we live in we need a really strong Armed Forces and when HAZRAT MUHAMMAD SAW was dying he had around 8 swords and arrows and spears with him although he was hungry but never sold them
@The SC
Pakistan is doing both, one has to akowledge that it is a difficult task considering the refugees, the war on terror and the threats, so criticism is unavoidable, mostly for political reasons, and sometimes personal reasons. Pakistan is doin what it has to do, and can not listen and adjust to all criticism.

To be honest, one has to admit that this strategy has worked up to a point thus far. However, it is not sustainable.

Remember this: it worked only due to the sheer indulgence of world opinion. Towards a lackey who has presently ceased to be of any utility..................to nearly anyone.
That honey-moon has ended.
Now the world is so polarised that neither tolerance or indulgence will be forth-coming. Its pay-back time now.....just as its blow-back time

Exactly this kind ofg answer was expected from a joker like you point is HAZRAT MUHAMMAD SAW had all the weapons with ready for war but these are matters off honor and dignity which you cowards will never get it:cool:

I am not joking but being entirely serious. What honor and dignity do you talk of with nuclear weapons at home but going begging for money around the world?

Remember this: it worked only due to the sheer indulgence of world opinion. Towards a lackey who has presently ceased to be of any utility..................to nearly anyone.
That honey-moon has ended.
Now the world is so polarised that neither tolerance or indulgence will be forth-coming. Its pay-back time now.....just as its blow-back time

Again, I would disagree, for it is not indulgence but benefit that has driven this transactional relationship until now. How much longer it lasts remains to be seen, but I agree with you that it cannot be much longer.

Again, I would disagree, for it is not indulgence but benefit that has driven this transactional relationship until now. How much longer it lasts remains to be seen, but I agree with you that it cannot be much longer.

To be precise: it was a benefit-driven indulgence that allowed it. Now that it is over; it is simply time for "Realismus-Sinken" (as the Germans would say) aka Reality to Sink in.

I am not joking but being entirely serious. What honor and dignity do you talk of with nuclear weapons at home but going begging for money around the world?
Supporters of corrupt mafias like PML N and PPP are the biggest reason for that

Supporters of corrupt mafias like PML N and PPP are the biggest reason for that

The biggest begging bowls were passed around by military dictators, please do not forget that.

To be precise: it was a benefit-driven indulgence that allowed it. Now that it is over; it is simply time for "Realismus-Sinken" (as the Germans would say) aka Reality to Sink in.

Reality does have its own ways to make itself felt.

In other words, Pakistan should resort to nuclear blackmail the world into supporting its economy. That cannot be a long term solution.

Anybody saying that would have been called a nuclear blackmailer, not a superstar.

Unfortunately, and I say this with sincere regret, that is the position taken. A look into Strobe Talbott's book of reminiscences about his dealings with the two south Asian powers will show us the whole unwholesome picture in great detail.

I am bit confused on the discussion here, but the whole premise of Cold Start is to act fast tactically within few miles into Pakistan in order not to escalate to Nuclear War. I believe that is exactly what US did in capturing and killing of Osama.

And this statement by the Pakistani former service member seems the most up surd:
Saran would not have had to agonise so publicly about the motivations for Pakistan’s programme to develop tactical nuclear weapons if he had admitted frankly that it is Pakistan’s response to India’s Cold Start doctrine. As the British weekly The Economist wrote on March 30, 2013, the Indian Army has been working for much of the past decade on this concept, which would see rapid armoured thrusts into Pakistan with close air support.”

And lastly:
“Nuclear deterrence between Pakistan and India has worked so far. But India continues to nurse the dangerous illusion that it could wage a limited conventional war under Pakistan’s strategic nuclear threshold. Our tactical nuclear weapons programme will fill this gap in our nuclear deterrent and is essential for its credibility. We must therefore remain steadfast in pursuing this programme, for our own security as well as for the peace and stability of the region.”

This is the cream of the crop. The Cold Start doctrine has been used by much more superior military (US) into Pakistani soil, how will tactical nuclear weapons program will stop more superior military if there warning signs of entrance is not detected?

No..keeping a powerful economy is the only option...10 nukes are enough to scare an enemy. Look at N.korea..it has hardly 1 or 2 nukes which is keeping US and S.Korea at bay. BTW...having thousands of nukes didnot save Soviet Union from dissolving.
it is not nuclear weapons but smart or dumb leaders who Will break the country to please or smart one will keep the country by promising the freedoms and show it by actions to convince its provinces to stay and work together.

I am bit confused on the discussion here, but the whole premise of Cold Start is to act fast tactically within few miles into Pakistan in order not to escalate to Nuclear War. I believe that is exactly what US did in capturing and killing of Osama.

And this statement by the Pakistani former service member seems the most up surd:
Saran would not have had to agonise so publicly about the motivations for Pakistan’s programme to develop tactical nuclear weapons if he had admitted frankly that it is Pakistan’s response to India’s Cold Start doctrine. As the British weekly The Economist wrote on March 30, 2013, the Indian Army has been working for much of the past decade on this concept, which would see rapid armoured thrusts into Pakistan with close air support.”

And lastly:
“Nuclear deterrence between Pakistan and India has worked so far. But India continues to nurse the dangerous illusion that it could wage a limited conventional war under Pakistan’s strategic nuclear threshold. Our tactical nuclear weapons programme will fill this gap in our nuclear deterrent and is essential for its credibility. We must therefore remain steadfast in pursuing this programme, for our own security as well as for the peace and stability of the region.”

This is the cream of the crop. The Cold Start doctrine has been used by much more superior military (US) into Pakistani soil, how will tactical nuclear weapons program will stop more superior military if there warning signs of entrance is not detected?

Incorrect analogy. The OBL raid has NOTHING in common with the "cold start" idea. First, there was no capture of land,no destruction of infrastructure..
second.. Osama was not a normal civilian but someone Pakistan also openly stated to hunt down.
Third, No other casualties were made in the process of the raid..

Essentially Pakistan had no moral ground on which to retaliate against the United States directly. Osama was a most wanted man, whatever rebuttal Pakistan had to give it took out on Shakeel Afridi.

With the purported "cold start" doctrine, the idea was to essentially damage Pakistan and Pakistanis in general by its actions. Land that belongs to Pakistan will be taken and usurped.. which is all the moral cause Pakistan needs to start lobbing nuclear weapons and essentially start the chain reaction that leaves Pakistan finished and India in near ruin.

which is all the moral cause Pakistan needs to start lobbing nuclear weapons and essentially start the chain reaction that leaves Pakistan finished and India in near ruin.
and allow the Chinese to just send their police to just walk in and take over India.

Back
Top Bottom