What's new

The 'clean-up' of Empress Market doesn't have to be this way

Yes, of course. They will enroll in sweet valley high and emerge with honors in economics, business, and finance. Disconnect at its extreme. I think the clouds are getting to you.
Lets give you an example when i was a teen on my way to school there was a small shanty town of max 30 people
Everyone avoided it and the land despite being worth crores was more or less useless authorities removed them and a plaza was built on that land now atleast 40 entities operate on that place and even if we believe one shop/office has one employee that means 40 families and benefiting from that place which wouldve been useless if your lot was given free hand

Yes, of course. They will enroll in sweet valley high and emerge with honors in economics, business, and finance. Disconnect at its extreme. I think the clouds are getting to you.

Think critically for once, my land or government land isn't your to grab illegally. Land grabbers already are hiding behind families of katchi abadis.

Rich getting richer while the poor get poorer. Capitalist practices under the garb of Riasat-e-Madina.

When the law of the land has been effectively sidelined, and an entire economy has emerged on which the livelihood of poor rests, it is tyranny to enforce the law without providing alternatives. Supporters of this initiative are well fed, well off and detached from the vagaries faced by common people.

Exactly. Taking punitive actions against poor citing law of the land in an unjust society like Pakistan is nothing sort of tyranny. Poor are being forced to seek out a Maoist solution.

Lets give you an example when i was a teen on my way to school there was a small shanty town of max 30 people
Everyone avoided it and the land despite being worth crores was more or less useless authorities removed them and a plaza was built on that land now atleast 40 entities operate on that place and even if we believe one shop/office has one employee that means 40 families and benefiting from that place which wouldve been useless if your lot was given free hand
Think critically for once, my land or government land isn't your to grab illegally. Land grabbers already are hiding behind families of katchi abadis.

Wait, now you are over generalizing what I am saying. There are a lot of different cases of land grabbing. This thread is specifically about Empress Market and other areas where government officials have been receiving rent for decades and all of a sudden people are forced to vacate without giving alternatives. Yes, Empress Market eviction is inhumane because people received a call in the middle of the night to evacuate. People have lost their wares and now they have no where to go.

So if you want to do justice, how about arresting the officials who took rent, and asking them to return the rent to government? Now that is anti-corruption. But the Chief Justice has lost sight of Justice, sitting on his high throne.

Wait, now you are over generalizing what I am saying. There are a lot of different cases of land grabbing. This thread is specifically about Empress Market and other areas where government officials have been receiving rent for decades and all of a sudden people are forced to vacate without giving alternatives. Yes, Empress Market eviction is inhumane because people received a call in the middle of the night to evacuate. People have lost their wares and now they have no where to go.

So if you want to do justice, how about arresting the officials who took rent, and asking them to return the rent to government? Now that is anti-corruption. But the Chief Justice has lost sight of Justice, sitting on his high throne.

Those who paid rent to KMC will be provided alternative location. Notification was month old, not overnight. Its just that no one believed action will be taken. Now as per reports traders are already removing enroachments from other areas of city.

Those who paid rent to KMC will be provided alternative location. Notification was month old, not overnight. Its just that no one believed action will be taken. Now as per reports traders are already removing enroachments from other areas of city.

There were active negotiations going on. And when will these 'alternatives' materialize? They have families to feed today.

Stupid is as stupid does.

PPP & MQM both should be punished for allowing this for 50 years, and for demolishing these shops before relocating them.

the people who are criticizing this drive should give their own lands and houses to the displaced. they were there illegally and were punished. should be expanded to other areas of the city.

there are lots of incidents where shopkeepers keep paying to higher authorities but they didn't pay any attention.pti expected lots of votes from karachi in this election and they got what they want.now don't expect votes from karachi in the next election.there are complains and they aren't addressed.

We need to remove the kachiAbadi and replace it with cheap housing scheme.

upload_2018-11-22_21-10-51.png

upload_2018-11-22_21-14-36.jpeg

upload_2018-11-22_22-2-35.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom