What's new

The City that never sleeps (NYC)

how about pictures of Coney Island (also known as ''Little Pakistan'')

Coney Island AKA Little Pakistan (for some reason i never liked the place, it always felt depressing to me)

pakistani_neighborhood_in_brooklyn_ba8752.jpg

brooklynmuslimsstreetnowomen1.jpg

tumblr_lkoc2uJFUN1qbfm1po1_500.jpg

_48116638_punjab_bbc466x282.jpg

_48133507_jex_728854_de27-1.jpg

mohsin1.jpg

little_lg.jpg

Park Slope (one of my favorite neighborhoods in NYC)

parkslope2.jpg

5th_ave.jpg

santa%20fe%20grill%20Park%20Slope.jpg

180654478_f4c47db758.jpg

Park Slope in winter

98776996_8e32f22316.jpg

vfiles6868.jpg

Park-Slope-Townhouses-Bami-Adeyoyin-2667.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I've been there in Coney Island (so called "Little Pakistan"). There is not much to do there except eat. Jackson Heights in Queens is better and has a lot of Pakistanis.

^ I've been there in Coney Island (so called "Little Pakistan"). There is not much to do there except eat. Jackson Heights in Queens is better and has a lot of Pakistanis.

Jackson Heights is now mostly Bangladeshi and indian, i don't see that many Pakistanis there anymore, the same for Hillside Ave. in Queens, it used to be majority Afghan and Pakistani, now the indians and Bangladeshis took over mostly.

Jackson Heights is now mostly Bangladeshi and indian, i don't see that many Pakistanis there anymore, the same for Hillside Ave. in Queens, it used to be majority Afghan and Pakistani, now the indians and Bangladeshis took over mostly.

Yes Pakistani-Americans are very low-key. They should make that Coney Island place like China-Town and Little Italy. No one outside the Pakistani community knows about Coney Island.

Yes you are right. Bangladeshis are taking over Jackson Heights. I went to Jackson Heights 3 years ago and ate at Kabab King with my friends. Good food.

Bay Ridge, also one of the best neighborhoods in NYC

26bc7b8153104057b68d3a1.png

2f6fb129dff8466aa52ff17.png

27dc2bd780a04cad83261c8.png

8e009013c19a459eaf73da4.png

940ffd3feba64d27b333e68.png

IMG_4558.JPG

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Post pictures of places with predominant Pakistani communities :pakistan:
I can't really find much and the ones that i do find they are tagged with "terrorism" etc..... But i will continue to try.

We Pakistanis need to make our culture more distinct so that it becomes more attractive and noticeable, unfortunately with the current image of Pakistan nobody wants to associate themselves with Pakistanis or even take notice of Pakistan and its culture.

I love Little Italy & Chinatown: they have real character. It's also great fun walking/biking on the Brooklyn Bridge with friends. Generally, SOHO & parts of downtown Manhattan are great. I love Chelsea. Parts of downtown Manhattan like Christopher Street are really gritty, & I used to go there for Halloween parties every year. Places like Wall Street, WTC, WFC are fine, but they don't have any real character. Much like mid-town Manhattan, it's a bit plastic there. Not a fan of Little Korea. Central Park is a bit too commercial as well. I like uptown Manhattan more than midtown as well. I don't know how many people are into museums, but the Guggenheim, National History Museum, Museum of Modern Art, Met are pretty cool too. And Apollo Center & Harlem has got to be one of my favorite places as well (beware: if you're meeting up with a pot dealer there, they have secret cameras there & you can be busted. The safest place to get pot in the city would be in SOHO, at one of the stores).

In the 70s & 80s, the city had real grit: it was almost as if it came out of a **** movie (see Amy Winehouse's videos). People used to sex & orgy each other out. Now it's all cleaned up & commercial.

Jackson Heights I hear is one nasty place, full of peasant class "desis" from Bangladesh and Hindustan. The area I hear is crime ridden. Most of the whites have moved out of the area, since the arrival of these groups.

Jackson Heights I hear is one nasty place, full of peasant class "desis" from Bangladesh and Hindustan. The area I hear is crime ridden. Most of the whites have moved out of the area, since the arrival of these groups.

Many of the 'true natives' of Queens have moved to Long Island.

Back
Top Bottom