What's new

The City that never sleeps (NYC)

I dislike the NY attitude, and the accent is a bit too much. Though yeah NYC is a world of its own.

NYC may be a nice place to visit but I'll take living in Austin over living in NYC any day.

The most amazing city in the world, it can amaze you one sec and totally disgust you the other. There is truly no other place like it in the world, was there over the new year, love the big apple :)

What kind of attitude they have?

A lot of times it's an arrogant attitude. Though there are many not like that, like this one beautiful lady I know she's very down to earth.

I agree with you here, it's a great place to see pictures of, & watch on the TV. But sometimes, it feels a little empty. But that's kind of like America all over. Not the easiest places in the world to be in.

Exactly man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In pictures,in scenery its great. With all the fancy cars and all the facilities in life imaginable--one still feel empty somewhere down in their heart ..

Yar jo b ho jaye , apna mulk apna hi hota hai yar ..kasam se :cry:

By the way , San Francisco is one heck of a city too :usflag:

What do you guys think of Boston?

I usually go to the museum and make friends with foreign people(especially girls)!! I live on the upper east side and very close to central park and the museum. Good way to make friends with foreign chicks. When they take photos, you offer to take their picture. After that further the conversation! :D

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

Other than the seafood, bean-town sucks.

Baaahston got nothing on New York city. It's a small, dull, lifeless city (unless you're in BU, or one of the colleges there). The suburbs close to Boston like Lexington, Newton, Burlington, Waltham suck, because it is so dull & lifeless there. I think San Francisco is a great city, better than New York in my opinion. California is the best state in the country, it's very laid back, diverse & liberal (people in some parts of California can be a bit pretentious though). There is a saying that goes something like this: "once you go to California, you never feel like going back to the East Coast".

The whole New England seems to lack vibrancy and energy in their cities.

California may be a "great" state as in debt as it is and overrun with illegal immigrants. It has great cities and I hear weather is fantastic. It's just that I do prefer cold and weather, I don't mind warm weather but I do like the cold.

DC I think is an interesting city many things to do there definitely a lively one if your in the main areas of the city.

As for San Fran everyone Ive talked to has nothing but praise for SF. I should go visit some day.

I think that NYC should build some modern looking buildings(modern and up to date architecture)
because most of there buildings are very old

I think that NYC should build some modern looking buildings(modern and up to date architecture)
because most of there buildings are very old

Those 1930's vintage buildings have great character. When people show all the new skyscrapers in Asia, it leaves me cold because they have no character, no soul. That's just me.

In the end, people prefer different things. NYC is fascinating, bold, colorful, brash, scary at times. But I wouldn't want to live there.

Back
Top Bottom