Central Park during winter:

Central-Park-in-Winter-New-York-City.jpg

new-york.jpeg

new-york-city-central-park-skyline-aerial-view.jpg

times-square-knock-socks.jpg

times-square-new-york-city.jpg

xmas_tree_AP111130065563_620x350.jpg

rockefeller-center-christmas-tree-ny_lesalina.jpg

pretty bad, been their couple times Bad traffic overcrowded, traffic was a so bad I had rent a Motorcycle.

Hm.. new yorkers.. are a bit grouchy, but i never been there besides JFK airport.

The city can be a tough place, and it's one of the places on Earth where among so many people you can feel very lonely.

Frank Sinatra - New York, New York

---------- Post added at 04:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

Hm.. new yorkers.. are a bit grouchy,
True, but that's the case in almost every city.

but i never been there besides JFK airport.
Man you missed out on a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Statue of Liberty:

statue_of_liberty.jpg

Ellis Island:

ellis-island-picture-3.jpg

Metropolitan Museum of Art

metropolitan-museum-of-art-address.jpg

Grand Central Terminal

ny_grand_central.jpg

Flatiron Building

4091747884_d3e4b414a1.jpg

ny162.jpg

Wall Street

2008-03-Wall-Street-frontal-flat-700.jpg

Spent a couple of years living in Manhattan. One day I met a couple of young European backpackers in the subway and we got to talking. Their impression was that NYC is so dirty and smelly. A fat rat crossed the subway tracks as as we were speaking. The ubiquitous smell of urine wafted through the air.

I agree with their assessment.

Spent a couple of years living in Manhattan. One day I met a couple of young European backpackers in the subway and we got to talking. Their impression was that NYC is so dirty and smelly. A fat rat crossed the subway tracks as as we were speaking. The ubiquitous smell of urine wafted through the air.

I agree with their assessment.

What you said is actually true, the Subway is pretty old, in fact there are many closed train stations from the 1940's and 50's while new ones have been built, secondly due to budget cuts there is less money being spent on sanitation of certain parts of the city, and regarding the urine smell, well i think its because of homeless people who take shelter in parts of the Subway and they urinate there as well. But besides that there are very nice neighborhoods/places in NYC such as Park Slope, Upper East Side, downtown Manhattan, Bay Ridge, Wood Side/Sunny Side, Astoria, China Town, Little Italy, Carol Street, Flushing Ave. etc.

Europeans with backpacks aren't the best source of info, people who have been living in the City are the best source of info.

But all in all, having been living in NYC most of my life, i can say proudly that there is no other city like NYC!!!!

I only mentioned the backpackers because their assessment matched mine. I didn't rely on them for info. I lived in Chelsea and Upper West Side for almost two years. I couldn't get myself to justify the Upper East Side rents.

NYC does have some very nice areas. It is an exciting city, I admit, but they really dropped the ball on sanitation in many parts of the city. In the end, the excitement wasn't worth paying 2000/month for a crappy hole in the wall.

New York city. What a place. It's a place that's like 'can't live with or without it'. When most city talk about New York city, they are generally referring to Manhattan. But Queens, Brooklyn, The Bronx & Staten Island have their own character as well (well, SI not really. It seems more like Jersey than NY to me). Manhattan is a place made up of yuppies & immigrants, & it doesn't have the real New York feel. Queens is sometimes regarded as the borough where the 'real New Yorkers' live (although a lot of them have moved to LI), & it has some great (& rough) places there. South Bronx used to be a dump & ghetto, but now it's been cleaned up. East Brooklyn (Flatbush etc) is still dangerous, especially at night on the subway. But the Cherry Blossom festival there is great (not as good at the one in DC though). Staten Island seems like it's trying too hard, my least favorite of all the boroughs.

The city can be a tough place, and it's one of the places on Earth where among so many people you can feel very lonely.

I agree with you here, it's a great place to see pictures of, & watch on TV. But sometimes, it feels a little empty. But that's kind of like America all over. Not the easiest places in the world to be in.

New York subways smell like a toilet and there is garbage and homeless people everywhere.

And New Yorkers are not friendly at all.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

The public in NYC is very mean to Muslims. :l

That's almost everywhere in America now days.

Hells Kitchen is where you meet the real tough Irish knuckleheads - if you love a bit of fisty-cuffs, best place.

Back
Top Bottom