What's new

The big Middle East Football - thread

I have a video of Iraqis celebrating in Dearborn, Michigan. :lol:

I want to upload it but not sure how to...maybe ill upload to my youtube channel and link it to here...:)

You can do as you said, upload it in youtube and share the link here :tup:

Our World Cup kit design. Slick! :D
Although I wish they would make the Cheetah more visible on the white shirt.

2627065-3735988.jpg

WTF!!!

Four Male players in Iran women's national team

iranwomen.jpg

Women in Iran may not be allowed to attend football matches between male sides for religious reasons, but the beautiful game is popular among the Islamic republic's female population.

Players in Iran's burgeoning professional women's football league will now be subjected to mandatory gender tests, after it has been revealed that four national team players were found guilty of not being women.
The Telegraph reports:

The country's football governing body is bringing in the random checks after it was revealed that several leading players - including four in the national women's team - were either men who had not completed sex change operations, or were suffering from sexual development disorders.

Medical inspectors will now randomly attend professional women's games — and those in the indoor "footsal" league — to carry out spot checks.

Furthermore, clubs will now be obliged to perform gender tests before signing new players to contracts. Those unable to prove they are female would be barred from taking part in the league "until they underwent medical treatment," said Ahmad Hashemian, the head of the Iranian football federation's medical committee.

The Telegraph note that sex changes are often carried out in two-year phases in Iran, but they represent a legal grey area: they are permitted under a fatwa issued by the Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini in 1979, but contravene the sexual morality code of Sharia Law.

So far, a total of seven players have been barred from the league after failing gender tests

Four players banned from Iranian women’s national team for failing gender tests | Dirty Tackle - Yahoo Sports

watching live
ITTIHAD FC (Saudi Arabia) vs TRACTOR (Iran)

Viva Ittihad :)

Tractor 1-0 Ittihad FT
Great win for Tractor Sazi, and a bit of redemption after Esteghlals loss to Shabab yesterday. Great goal by Ansarifard too

Ittihad is my team. Did not watch the game. Never heard about that Tractor (is that really their name?) team. Only Persepolis. What have that Tractor team won of trophies? Can't find them.

Ittihad is one of the biggest teams in all of Asia. 2 times AFC Champions League winners.

Ittihad FC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Only Pohang Steelers have won more (3). They are a South Korean team.

AFC Champions League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is this year's AFC Champions League.

2014 AFC Champions League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@Arabi do you support Ittihad or Al-Hilal?

The nicknames are "Al-Zaeem", which means "The Boss" came from the club's leading position in Asia and in Saudi Arabia.[2] With this clear lead, the IFFHS ranked Al-Hilal as the Asian Club of the 20th Century.[3]

Al-Hilal FC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ittihad is piss poor recently. Unfortunately. Number 6 in the league. 29 points after 23 games.:lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013–14_Saudi_Professional_League

Ittihad is my team. Did not watch the game. Never heard about that Tractor (is that really their name?) team. Only Persepolis. What have that Tractor team won of trophies? Can't find them.

Ittihad is one of the biggest teams in all of Asia. 2 times AFC Champions League winners.

Ittihad FC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Only Pohang Steelers have won more (3). They are a South Korean team.

AFC Champions League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is this year's AFC Champions League.

2014 AFC Champions League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@Arabi do you support Ittihad or Al-Hilal?

Al-Hilal FC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ittihad is piss poor recently. Unfortunately.

Tractor Sazi. Its a team from Iran's Azarbaijan province.
They dont have any international trophies like ACL, but in the past years they have rised to prominence in the Iranian league.
They won the IPL one time (I think)

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom