What's new

The Big Fight: NRIs and their 'Idea of India'

livingdead

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
NDTV debate about influence of NRIs(and PIOs) on India's politics after recent visit of Modi to various countries and warm welcome he received. Also many allege that they are too nationalistic, and many obnoxious posts online defending intolerance in India are from NRI crowd. Do NRIs look down upon Indians, and feel they have all solutions to Indias problems. Are they unnecessarily preachy. Do they really bring investment to India?

@jamahir @Aminroop @LaBong @Kaniska

Most NRIs seem to think that India is the same as it was when they left, the reality is that India keeps changing every year,
I come to India every year so I know that a lot of things have changed.

@hinduguy will watch the video later.

NDTV debate about influence of NRIs(and PIOs) on India's politics after recent visit of Modi to various countries and warm welcome he received. Also many allege that they are too nationalistic, and many obnoxious posts online defending intolerance in India are from NRI crowd. Do NRIs look down upon Indians, and feel they have all solutions to Indias problems. Are they unnecessarily preachy. Do they really bring investment to India?

@jamahir @Aminroop @LaBong @Kaniska

Hassan Suror?

NRIs are holier than thou. They think they know what's best for India even though they abandoned the country for greener pastures. I grew up in US and don't consider myself a NRI, but I meet enough of them to see how arrogant they can be.

Most NRIs seem to think that India is the same as it was when they left, the reality is that India keeps changing every year,
They are out of touch with reality.
Not only that, they think they are doing some favour to India by sending remittance. Its okey to have connection with India but NRIs/PIOs should not have too much influence on Indian politics. There was a demand that NRI should be able to vote from abroad. I dont think there should be parity at all, Indians living in India should always get preference.

@hinduguy , my download limit which i recharge every month is ending... i will watch this 15 min vid in about four days once i have recharged the subscription and reply here then.

@hinduguy , my download limit which i recharge every month is ending... i will watch this 15 min vid in about four days once i have recharged the subscription and reply here then.
ok.. np.. whats the price difference with unlimited package? I think you can get unlimited for slightly low speed.

Hassan Suror?

the intolerant bunch that hinduguy mentions has those like "lord" swaraj paul... there is a most vile female writer who writes for "deccan chronice" from southhall/london or wherever these sangh-loving types live... her writing gives me the same headache as susu swamy's lectures.

Last edited:
NRI care about India more than Indian living in India and to prove my point you can see their contribution for their current country and for India.

ok.. np.. whats the price difference with unlimited package? I think you can get unlimited for slightly low speed.

well, i pay 999 rupees for a 30-day 20 gb package... i think it is 20 gb... the max speed i observe is 300+ kpbs... the modem is a usb-interface cell phone network dongle.

i can recharge it whenever the download limit finishes within the 30 day period but i prefer to do so close to the end period. :)

generally, to save on the limit, i watch most vids on the 144 ( yt ) or 248 ( dm ) quality setting.

well, i pay 999 rupees for a 30-day 20 gb package... i think it is 20 gb... the max speed i observe is 300+ kpbs... the modem is a usb-interface cell phone network dongle.

i can recharge it whenever the download limit finishes within the 30 day period but i prefer to do so close to the end period. :)

generally, to save on the limit, i watch most vids on the 144 ( yt ) or 248 ( dm ) quality setting.
20 gb is enough for daily browsing with low quality youtube .. you can even occasionally treat yourself to HD p0rn.. do you listen to online music a lot?..

Back
Top Bottom