What's new

The Big Fight: NRIs and their 'Idea of India'

20 gb is enough for daily browsing with low quality youtube .. you can even occasionally treat yourself to HD p0rn.. do you listen to online music a lot?..

not too much music... generally those music posted in the "what are you listening right now" thread and some i feel at other times... but i watch "graham norton show" ( which would be three or four episodes a month i think ) and interviews of film actors i like ( like amanda seyfried or sonakshi ) or occasionally some british stand-up.

Bro what ISP are you using?

mts mblaze.

a not-so-encouraging thing has happened... reliance is in talks for buying the mts brand which originally was a business run by systema-shyam, a indian collaboration with a russian company... i fear once reliance takes over, the quality will deteriorate.

For all those bashing NRIs ....please remember NRIs are the people who had the energy and the guts to leave India to look for a better life. Even if in some countries they experience racism, at least they can breathe clean air, eat food without pesticides, drink water not laced with chemicals, commute to work in a reasonable fashion without navigating through a zillion potholes, walk on the pavements, send their children to decent schools without having to sell their kidneys and other simple joys in life.

Can you blame them if they wish the same for India? Especially when it is so easy to do? They may not have left at all if they had better opportunities at home. It is not about investment, that will come with or without NRIs ....(though China benefited vastly from its own diaspora...and so can India.)

I was in UK for 2 years Swindon , what i noticed a strange thing there..
Pakistani's do promote bad image of there country by calling corruption and e.t.c but want to go back as soon as they get chance..
But Indian's don't say anything bad about India ..always praising.. but they never want to go back.. they make there little india thing in out there..
Personal observation :coffee:

This is a very valid point which is bound to come at one point of time...I can see the relationship between Indian who are living in India and Indian citizens who are living abrod is like a two of the family members who choose different path to lead their life when they grew up...But at the end of the day, brothers belong to same family...

Having said that and also being an NRI and holding my Indian passort although i have the option to take up a different passport, it is true that the vision of India sometimes clash with the vision of people living in India...If there needs a choice between the 2 who has more stake, then the people living in India should have a more stake in the matter that concerns them rather than who resides outside...

Most of the times NRI feels that the concept of India is same as we left outside 15 years back..For them, India is an cultural attraction where all good things are supposed to happen without getting grinded by daily struggle of life...Which is practically impossible to happen so they feel impatient that why certain things are not happening which they expected it to happen....

In a nutshell, a NRI always live in a dream of India and having cultural value of India that attracts them..which is completely different for the people who resides in my beloved country...

NRI care about India more than Indian living in India and to prove my point you can see their contribution for their current country and for India.

India needs more than 'Caring'
For all those bashing NRIs ....please remember NRIs are the people who had the energy and the guts to leave India to look for a better life. Even if in some countries they experience racism, at least they can breathe clean air, eat food without pesticides, drink water not laced with chemicals, commute to work in a reasonable fashion without navigating through a zillion potholes, walk on the pavements, send their children to decent schools without having to sell their kidneys
Was that sarcasm though? The same people who leave India for abroad already had those facilities.
This is a very valid point which is bound to come at one point of time...I can see the relationship between Indian who are living in India and Indian citizens who are living abrod is like a two of the family members who choose different path to lead their life when they grew up...But at the end of the day, brothers belong to same family...

Having said that and also being an NRI and holding my Indian passort although i have the option to take up a different passport, it is true that the vision of India sometimes clash with the vision of people living in India...If there needs a choice between the 2 who has more stake, then the people living in India should have a more stake in the matter that concerns them rather than who resides outside...

Most of the times NRI feels that the concept of India is same as we left outside 15 years back..For them, India is an cultural attraction where all good things are supposed to happen without getting grinded by daily struggle of life...Which is practically impossible to happen so they feel impatient that why certain things are not happening which they expected it to happen....

In a nutshell, a NRI always live in a dream of India and having cultural value of India that attracts them..which is completely different for the people who resides in my beloved country...
In American civil war, did Americans just simply leave thier country for Europe? Or they made thier country better?

NRIs are holier than thou. They think they know what's best for India even though they abandoned the country for greener pastures. I grew up in US and don't consider myself a NRI, but I meet enough of them to see how arrogant they can be.
This is unique to India...i watched the show and felt like hitting the so called panelists there....this "we vs they" is the most stupid thing one can say....Answer me what harm can NRI' taking so much interest in India will bring...on the contrary i do see lot of benefits...

Also every one looks for greener pastures...what's new in that...isn't this the same logic that Raj thakrey and thugs like that use?? I mean just because a Bihari left bihar for greener pasture in mumbai it should not be taken as the fact that his love for Bihar is any less than some Bihari still living there....

Right in this forum i see so many Indians who are just worship a particular party and spew so much crap without any concern about how it negatively impacts our country....Quantifying patriotism based on where you are living is childish and a sin in this global world....

just because a Bihari left bihar for greener pasture in mumbai it should not be taken as the fact that his love for Bihar is any less than some Bihari still living there
NRIs love for India is not in the question here.

I have...and if you read my first quote on this thread....you would have known...anyways can u now plz help?? what is the question then?

They are debating about NRIs (including Indian Americans) cry on social media for India but in reality do nothing.

They are debating about NRIs (including Indian Americans) cry on social media for India but in reality do nothing.
and do you agree with them...also is everyone in India do a lot for India?? this is exactly what i am challenging....this is stupid....

Was that sarcasm though? The same people who leave India for abroad already had those facilities.

Not sarcasm at all. They don't have special air for those who can afford it! You cannot live in a gated community all your life, you need to venture out once in a while on to the pot holed roads. You cannot avoid all contact with government offices, sometimes you need a certificate or a house transfer document or something like that and pay the bribes that go with such a simple transaction.

Besides not everyone who goes abroad are rich, in fact most are ordinary people or students who can better fulfill their potential abroad because opportunities are better. Did you know that not one SINGLE doctor send abroad by AIIMS returns ...not like the percentage is 10% or 15% returns....no one does!....at least this was true till about 10 years ago...may have changed now... not because all of them are crazy for money but because India cannot compete with the US in opportunity to maximize your own potential or do the kind of work you want to...these people would happily stay back if India gave them the same opportunities.

So many parents of special needs children emigrate because the facilities for such children are so appalling in India. If such facilities existed, they would have stayed back with their friends and families, can you blame them for wanting changes in their home country?

Right in this forum i see so many Indians who are just worship a particular party and spew so much crap without any concern about how it negatively impacts our country..

Have to agree with you. Where was this concern when Indra Gandhi was in the pocket of the Hindujas? Where is this concern when NRIs associated with certain parties testify before select committees of the US Senate against india? This concern about NRIs started only after the Madison square garden event. Jeez, for all practical purposes Rahul Gandhi is an NRI !

Not sarcasm at all. They don't have special air for those who can afford it! You cannot live in a gated community all your life, you need to venture out once in a while on to the pot holed roads. You cannot avoid all contact with government offices, sometimes you need a certificate or a house transfer document or something like that and pay the bribes that go with such a simple transaction.

Besides not everyone who goes abroad are rich, in fact most are ordinary people or students who can better fulfill their potential abroad because opportunities are better. Did you know that not one SINGLE doctor send abroad by AIIMS returns ...not like the percentage is 10% or 15% returns....no one does!....at least this was true till about 10 years ago...may have changed now... not because all of them are crazy for money but because India cannot compete with the US in opportunity to maximize your own potential or do the kind of work you want to...these people would happily stay back if India gave them the same opportunities.

So many parents of special needs children emigrate because the facilities for such children are so appalling in India. If such facilities existed, they would have stayed back with their friends and families, can you blame them for wanting changes in their home country?

So you are saying they leave India is justified because they need opportunities. If everyone starts to think like that then what is the meaning of taking pride in India? Everyone should thrive to go abroad instead of making this country better?

Modi has raised the image of India. Who make image of India bad at first place? Its the western media themselves, they create that perception, which discourages NRI who wants to invest in India. And its not just India they do that for every other country (except west of course). They make them feel inferior, tell them your practices are pagan, make them hate themselves. And then they become like Bobby Jindal who eventualy drop thier Indian passport. Whats even funny is Indians back in India consider leaving thier country for living abroad as good thing.

Now if highly skilled people (of course not everyone who leaves India is highly skilled) keep leaving countries because there are no opportunities, then who will create opportunities? Its an unending cycle. And sorry but they don't leave for opportunities, they leave for money and thier own welfare only.

Rahul Gandhi is an NRI

No doubts he works in western interest. Opposing every government move blindly.

and do you agree with them...also is everyone in India do a lot for India?? this is exactly what i am challenging....this is stupid....

Indians are doing a lot for thier country.

Back
Top Bottom