What's new

The Big Fight: NRIs and their 'Idea of India'

I was in UK for 2 years Swindon , what i noticed a strange thing there..
Pakistani's do promote bad image of there country by calling corruption and e.t.c but want to go back as soon as they get chance..
But Indian's don't say anything bad about India ..always praising.. but they never want to go back.. they make there little india thing in out there..
Personal observation :coffee:

Twice amount of people leaving Pakistan per year than India, despite being 1/6th population.

No need to be arrogant.
was i being arrogant?? how??
This nationalism is just to stop more people leaving for abroad. No one expects them to come back. They will most likely live there forever. However we can discourage more people from leaving.
Now you are changing the goal post...anyways...this whole ideal of nationalism and discouraging people from leaving India is a farce...and that too in this global world is intellectual dishonesty...

Good joke. I have no doubts now.
Mind sharing the joke?? good your doubts are clear...however would be ideal if you share them....

What generates economy? Its innovation, and immigrants in US are mostly innovating for US and not for thier respective countries of origin.
So all those scores and scores of people in India who are innovating are as per you not part of India success story?? I am no expert either however please do share your educational background here...in case you are not from economics background then i can share some useful links...

may be I should open a thread in which NRIs tell their story of leaving India....
how about replying to post 40??

Its only one sided 'intellectual honesty' i guess.
alright then...it seems you are now resorting to these one liners...so let's move on...come back if you have something concrete to discuss ....

alright then...it seems you are now resorting to these one liners...so let's move on...come back if you have something concrete to discuss ....

I have already given you answers. Its not looking like a problem today. But when India will start competing globaly with China and US, it will be a problem.

I have already given you answers. Its not looking like a problem today. But when India will start competing globaly with China and US, it will be a problem.
It's a cycle, large important economies and ascendant civilizations will always attract the worlds brains. Two hundred years ago, it was London, the best of the best brains went to London. Now it is America. If the economic and civilizational pendulum ever swings back to Asia then the brains will move here....and those won't be only ethnic Indian brains.

It's a cycle, large important economies and ascendant civilizations will always attract the worlds brains. Two hundred years ago, it was London, the best of the best brains went to London. Now it is America. If the economic and civilizational pendulum ever swings back to Asia then the brains will move here....and those won't be only ethnic Indian brains.

And what makes you think Americans will let 'swing' the pendulum other way.

And what makes you think Americans will let 'swing' the pendulum other way.
You can't stop a force of nature. When the center of the world moved from the UK to the US , nothing much the. British could do about it, now they just get drunk and sh@g Spaniards. Greece was once a most brilliant civilization now fighting with EU to have enough just to feed themselves. Italy once the greatest trading nation now can barely keep itself out of the bankruptcy office. Persia.....need I say more . Asia was once great and still has 50% of the worlds population! it's an enormous pull. Nothing Americans or anyone else can do about it.

sorry dude...if there is something you can back with some study/experts comments then sure...otherwise all these are considered as some figment of imagination...

I went out of India because my employer asked me to.
First Europe and now US.
I always feel the most safest is in India.
Kick out those traitors who say India is unsafe.

Twice amount of people leaving Pakistan per year than India, despite being 1/6th population.

i didn't mean to offend u but thats what i observed all those years in England.. Twice people leaving or not is not the point.. it doesn't change reality..:cheers:

my theory, and it is only a theory, is that many Pakistanis may be leaving UK to Pakistan because they feel threatened by the growing atmosphere against muslims, thanks to the ill repute brought on by the various Islamic organizations. Unfortunately even Indian origin people such as Sikhs (turban, beard) and others (brown skin, desi look) suffer sometimes because of that association.

Back
Top Bottom