What's new

The Battle for Bajaur - PA seizes control

"To claim that the entirety of 173 million people is "undeserving" reeks of arrogance and excessive, thoughtless nationalism."

Guilty to "excessiveness". In any society there are outliers. Even one or two here, specifically, at def.pk.

As to the rest- B.S. It'll be decided with considerable debate so hardly thoughtless. It will be an AMERICAN decision- so whatever is decided will be done so in our best nat'l interests. Hardly "nationalism".

"arrogant"?

Unless your sons and daughters run the risk of dying by their own taxpayers dollars while sustaining a government who buys into Afghan "strategic depth" and prefers proxy armies to diplomacy, trade, and aid as the means to achieve such, then you are in no position to judge.

I was not talking about a well reasoned decision to start, stop, or whatever to aid. I was talking about your phrasing. It accused Pakistani's in general as being "unworthy" of US aid or attention. Not sir, the language of diplomacy, and not well reasoned.
Why am I picking on you when this board is littered with even more flagrant examples? Because your posts, when not filled with ire, are pretty damn useful sometimes. You seem to know what you are talking about, and might have actually been a battalion S-2 at some point. (I have no way of verifying) You can guess "why you" from there...

As for your last comment, no, I don't have children in the armed forces of the US as of yet (Working on it, I'll get back to you in 15-20 years). I do have friends and relatives who are veterans or currently enlisted in the US Army, Marines, Navy, and Air Force. I also pay my taxes. So yeah, I have a stake.

"Proxy wars are not something the US has not engaged in?"

Can't remember when we did so against an ally. Remind me please.:angry:

Nicaraguan's say what?
"...in breach of its obligations under Article XIX of the Treaty of Friendship, Commerce and Navigation between the Parties signed at Managua on 21 January 1956, *Cough*, *Cough*..."

To clarify, history has made things fairly black and white (US supports contras against sandinistas), but from people in the region in the early 80's, things seem fuzzy.

Inside Delta Force: The Story of America's Elite Counterterrorist Unit
Dead D.O.D employees on both sides...Hmmm...
Only a single source admittedly, but I find command sergeant-major's are usually fairly solid sources.

Last edited:
"...in breach of its obligations under Article XIX of the Treaty of Friendship, Commerce and Navigation between the Parties signed at Managua on 21 January 1956, *Cough*, *Cough*..."

Probably a document signed before these two gentlemen came to power,eh?:D

64dd99672784134a20811f71d73ab473.jpg

I love this picture at Brezhnev's funeral- Ortega, Honeker (E. Germany), Arafat, and Babrak Karmal. A real rogue's gallery of American well-wishers-

055771.jpg

"To clarify, history has made things fairly black and white (US supports contras against sandinistas), but from people in the region in the early 80's, things seem fuzzy."

Yeah, our brigade did some nice training with the Honduran army then. Dug some wells and such. Learned a bit, again, about the jungle.

No further apologies from here. Excessive I was. You're still to provide a vehicle to distribute our aid without interception by their gov't? NGOs? U.N.?

Thanks.:)

Six Taliban killed in Bajaur

KHAR: At least six Taliban were killed and three others injured during security forces’ action in Salarzai and Mamoond tehsils of Bajaur Agency on Monday, sources told Daily Times. Separately, a suspected Taliban was killed while attempting to build a bomb in Mandal area of Bajaur Agency. The explosion killed the Taliban and injured members of his family in the tribal region. Further details of the incident were not available. Meanwhile, security forces also claimed to have recovered heavy artillery, including anti-aircraft guns, from Khar.
hasbanullah khan

I thought Bajaur is completely tranquilized, with all the bad guys killed or flushed out.

Did you ever think where all the "flushed" water goes out? It remains in your environment, under the skin.

I thought Bajaur is completely tranquilized, with all the bad guys killed or flushed out.

Did you ever think where all the "flushed" water goes out? It remains in your environment, under the skin.

what answer would u like !!!

S-2:

“”How those forty nations view your country's brutal quest for "strategic depth" is manifested by, despite these casualties, this mission for so long being endured.””

Which forty (40) nations are you talking about? Georgia, Poland, and similar “coalition of the willing” !!. Yes you got cooks, camp followers, guards, shoe shine boys, masseuses from 40 nations ……… but it remains YOUR war. YOU got to count the beans, YOU got to rebuild, YOU got to protect the administration, YOU got to buy out the drug lords ….. and finally rely on Zalmay Khalilzad to patch up with Mullah Umar.

Well your ignorance does show how much you are informed & leaves no doubts to know the reason for your pro-TTP takfiri views.

S-2:

“”How those forty nations view your country's brutal quest for "strategic depth" is manifested by, despite these casualties, this mission for so long being endured.””

Which forty (40) nations are you talking about? Georgia, Poland, and similar “coalition of the willing” !!. Yes you got cooks, camp followers, guards, shoe shine boys, masseuses from 40 nations ……… but it remains YOUR war. YOU got to count the beans, YOU got to rebuild, YOU got to protect the administration, YOU got to buy out the drug lords ….. and finally rely on Zalmay Khalilzad to patch up with Mullah Umar.

now this i want to witness!:rofl:

just like the muggers, thieves, rapists and what not in your environment, under the skin!

you seem to be a sensible and educated guy (probably more than me) but really !!!

While arms and accusations go back and forth across the border, the Taliban continue to strike, often at soft targets. Two of their latest victims were women school teachers. They were shot dead in broad daylight in the town of Khar, not far from the Charmang valley.

Shazia, 30, was one of them. She refused to be intimidated into abandoning her pupils, according to her grief-stricken husband, Kamal Dilawar Khan.

"Earlier the Taliban sent out threats," he said, "and I asked her not to go to Bajaur. But she replied that she was not scared and that she would continue with her teaching because it was a service to the nation. When I got the news I lost my mind, I lost my heart and the whole world collapsed for me."

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistan's 'haunting' Taliban problem

Can anyone explain to me one thing which i have failed to understand...
Whenever someone in a family dies... or is killed there is resentment against the killer in the family and all the members really want to see the killer dead.... i hope i am right so far...

similarly whenever a soldier is martyred his colleagues his friends and his family members feel the same .. and those who are in forces would be feeling more adrenaline in their blood ... right

now if a miscreant is dieing the same would be the case with their families... brothers and friends.. so isnt it that with the death of each miscreant each terrorist we are making their families and friends ... and even tribes men more vulnerable to being brainwashed by the foreign elements and could easily be converted into suicide bombers by easily misguiding them against the army and by manipulating through money ....

so with each such death are we not converting more suicidal bombers...
i would like to see them dead... but will it be the end.. .isnt it what our foreign enemies desire .. that we keep fighting the miscreants.. and keep this battle running...
please i need sincere advice ..

very interesting day thanks to US, hope so one day u people also have the privilege of such interesting days in US. Ameen

InshAllah !

Ameen, Suma Ameen :)

That day is not far away. InshAllah, one day these yankees will pay the price of their deeds. They will suffer just like they made other's suffer in the world. I hope i will live to see that day !

Remeber, "what goes around, comes around". Yankees days are not too far, they will suffer one way or the other.

They made our lives Miserables, they killed thousands, if not millions, of innocent people in this world. They have also left millions without shelter, food.

Don't worry their 'duas' are with these yankees. Their time will come:agree:

Bajaur clerics say ongoing militancy is not jihad

Staff Report

KHAR: The ongoing militancy in the country and the Bajaur tribal region is not jihad, around 120 clerics from the agency unanimously declared on Sunday.

Issuing an edict at a big gathering in Laghrai, Lui Mamoond tehsil, the clerics said the ongoing militancy is not jihad but fasaad [unlawful warfare], which was condemnable.

They said Pakistan is an Islamic country and the army is defending its frontiers, adding that foreign and anti-state elements wanted to destabilise Pakistan.

They said the activities carried out in Bajaur Agency were a conspiracy to malign Islam.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom