What's new

The Attack on Pakistan's Erieye

BtA2Q.jpg

Do the PAF not have "proper" hangers for their AWACS instead of these open-air pens?

And lineing all of them up like this is beyond crazy given their importance to the PAF.

Exactly.....I just want some one to explain it to nation that if $ 20mil jf17 can have a concrete hanger why not do the same thing for $1bn strategic asset.

They don't cost $1 BN each!

I will post the picture later on, and also some other pics which will show the ''professionalism'' of air force engineers and workers.

Am eagerly awaiting these pics!

1 has been damaged considerably, Saab team was / is in Kamra and looking what to do with it. May be the radars system is taken off and installed on another platform, platform may have damaged considerably, but equipment seems to be usable, platform might need extensive repair but it depends on the decision and am not sure as of now what final decision has been taken, when will come to know would do share.

And do thank Allah as from what i have known, the militants had planted a bomb on the shelter where the aircraft were parked, but it failed to explode. Otherwise consequences would have been devastating.

And also there is a strong feeling that the attack may have a foreign hand in it, as the Erieyes have been and are being extensively used to monitor the border and inside the country on our north-western border.

The militants knew exactly the location of the aircraft and they specifically came to target them.

And one of the RPG fired on the shelter went through it without exploding, which again would have resulted devastation.

The militants were very highly trained and knew where they were and what they had come for.

Raise a question....they enter Kamra but dont attack Fighter/bombers aircrafts, Dont attack Mirage rebuild factory, Dont attack JFTs, they go for awacs with full force. If they planted bomb it means their main target were awacs

Raise a question....they enter Kamra but dont attack Fighter/bombers aircrafts, Dont attack Mirage rebuild factory, Dont attack JFTs, they go for awacs with full force. If they planted bomb it means their main target were awacs

and they knew exactly when three erieye were there...
Obviously they were after the erieye and nothing else...

Do the PAF not have "proper" hangers for their AWACS instead of these open-air pens?

And lineing all of them up like this is beyond crazy given their importance to the PAF.

They don't cost $1 BN each!

Am eagerly awaiting these pics!

I never said that they each cost $1bn but the whole deal did cost $1bn

and they knew exactly when three erieye were there...
Obviously they were after the erieye and nothing else...

Most bang for your buck (pardon the pun). Any TTP with accsess to WIKIPEDIA could do 5 mins of research and see that the SAAB ERIEYEs cost $200+ million apeice whilst a JFT/Mirage are worth <$20 million apeice. These terrorists want to inflict as much damage as possible on their opponets right? So it takes no genius to figure out that to destroy 1 AWACs is the same as destroying 10+ JFTs/Mirages which will be no easy task when you are under fire from secuirty forces. Not to mention it is clear that AWACS are a bigger and less expendable target. It is simple logic.

One word.. base-commander.

Political appointments can result only dumb on top.

After all bypassing AVM Shahid Latif, was not without reason.

Comming to the unfortunate episode; it was a planning level mistake, cuts on budgets result such kind of stupid innovations.

Now, there may not have been a single damage, but in such case it could have been nothing less than a miracle, because even the dullest of terrorist can make more damage, only by hurling stones at the finally parked AWACS.

Now please tell me any thing but do not tell me the terrorists were highly trained.... for god sake.

Please, do not tell that base commander did a good job or any job by taking bullet on his arm or arse.

What has been done is done, but at least some one shall explain us, why the base was unguarded!

Most bang for your buck (pardon the pun). Any TTP with accsess to WIKIPEDIA could do 5 mins of research and see that the SAAB ERIEYEs cost $200+ million apeice whilst a JFT/Mirage are worth <$20 million apeice. These terrorists want to inflict as much damage as possible on their opponets right? So it takes no genius to figure out that to destroy 1 AWACs is the same as destroying 10+ JFTs/Mirages which will be no easy task when you are under fire from secuirty forces. Not to mention it is clear that AWACS are a bigger and less expendable target. It is simple logic.

You can say what you want,but the fact remains that they were there to weaken Pakistan's air surveillance capability,nothing else

Last but not the least, I thank and become even more fan of Musharraf's vision.

I wonder if he had not canceled the order of remaining two, with given state of affairs, i'm sure those may have been parked without the tin hanger.

Can any one tell us the name of that corrupt PAF officer, who was involved in the deal, and was snubbed by General Musharraf.

Why not you give access of wikipedia to bharti army and save billions, which you spend to counter those $200 million each, plane.

In any case, your army shall show some morale to thank TTP for the kind gesture.

Why not you give access of wikipedia to bharti army and save billions, which you spend to counter those 500 million plane.

In any case, your army shall show some morale to thank TTP for the kind gesture.

Dude that's pretty uncalled for.

And they don't cost anywhere near 1/2 a BILLION apeice!

Last but not the least, I thank and become even more fan of Musharraf's vision.

I wonder if he had not canceled the order of remaining two, with given state of affairs, i'm sure those may have been parked without the tin hanger.

Can any one tell us the name of that corrupt PAF officer, who was involved in the deal, and was snubbed by General Musharraf.

Why not you give access of wikipedia to bharti army and save billions, which you spend to counter those $200 million each, plane.

There are so many people to thank, starting from the base commander. :)

There are so many people to thank, starting from the base commander. :)

why don't you get a visit visa to thank him personally at least we will have one less person on this forum to deal with.

why don't you get a visit visa to thank him personally at least we will have one less person on this forum to deal with.

Its not easy to get pakistani visa, for an Indian. I would love to visit once though. :)

Its not easy to get pakistani visa, for an Indian. I would love to visit once though. :)

I have heard both Govt have made some relaxation in granting visa.. Give it a try, and don't worry you will be safe here we don't let anybody do any harm to our guests.:azn:

Back
Top Bottom