What's new

The Attack on Pakistan's Erieye

In karachi.. at Masroor.. which is relatively remote and away from larger patches of population.
Also, an attack at Masroor would have only hit the CHinese awacs which are replaceable easliy..
Here, not only did you have Multiple other targets than the SAAB.. the SAAB arent replaceable.

Masroor is right next to Layari area which is infested lately by Baloch insurgents along with other dangerous elements, if you want my opinion it is the most critical airbase as far as security is concerned.

^^ Couldn't agree more, been there.

All the **** of Karachi is in near vicinity.

I agree that Boundary wall to hanger Distance at Kamra was Exceptionally short..
But Masroor base is too large to be scanned completely all the time and many hiding places and many weak spots..
We in our days used to go in and out from here at low tide when the tidal lake used to get drained out.

but on eastern side there is a very large colony here and distance to runway is less than a kilometer...Anybody can observe the base from here undetected...

There is no need for scanning, you need electronically secure perimeter and rapid response force, nothing more nothing less.

Masroor is right next to Layari area which is infested lately by Baloch insurgents along with other dangerous elements, if you want my opinion it is the most critical airbase as far as security is concerned.

But not the most important one.
In any case, our military bases are plump targets with little or no intelligent security.
Even if implemented now, makes no difference.. and the damage needs nine stitches to fix when you have the string for barely one.

Lyari is just a place with gangs and drug-related violence; politicians interfere their with their ruthless politics.....foreign-sponsored terrorists with a nefarious anti-state agenda arent a big problem in Lyari as far as i know

it's obvious that we have to remain vigilant across the board...not just focus on specific areas. Threat assesments are there and forces would act accordingly. But the enemy and their backers can't be allowed to compromise or destroy our prized assets.

2 incidents are enough to show that we must always be alert. The enemy at Kamra were highly motivated, very well trained (small arms, demolitions, etc.) and well alarmingly efficient.

unlike conventional enemies - these ones KNOW they will die and are motivated to die. That makes them dangerous.

anyways, i digress. Taimikhan and others have said 1 Saab was basically damaged beyond repair. I hope it is just 1. It could have been even worse, given that the terrorists did manage to breach themselves onto the tarmac --taking advantage of the fact that apart from security-related carelessnesses, officers and security staff were having their Sehri and doing namaz before the beginning of their roza

I'm sorry to say that, my impression from Kamra incident was, that we were caught unguarded and the episode also hints many planning level mistakes.. responsible.... base commander.

While every terrorist is a trained one and they were no different.

But not the most important one.
In any case, our military bases are plump targets with little or no intelligent security.
Even if implemented now, makes no difference.. and the damage needs nine stitches to fix when you have the string for barely one.

Its not all doom and gloom.The intelligence agency cannot be flawed,they had picked up the hint and informed the chain of command....It was the complacency of the higher circles which led to disaster and the "ping pong" of responsibility thrown between Military and the civilian police...

Because they weren't you Random Yabbo Taliban..Definately sent and trained by some powers who had interest in Destroying AWACS..
But they didnt go after Chinese AWACS?

The Western AWACS can probably be traced by the West..i guess ? :undecided:
However, didn't they also destroy IL-78 that were in the way??

The Western AWACS can probably be traced by the West..i guess ? :undecided:
However, didn't they also destroy IL-78 that were in the way??
the tanker flew away next day...The one parked on the tarmac.

Its not all doom and gloom.The intelligence agency cannot be flawed,they had picked up the hint and informed the chain of command....It was the complacency of the higher circles which led to disaster and the "ping pong" of responsibility thrown between Military and the civilian police...

A chain is only as strong as its weakest link, right?

What a shame, we can't protect our assets. Definitely some outside intervention. I mean, why would they target the electronic surveillance aircraft of the Pakistan Armed forces?

If its the West that did it, then i think ISI took some revenge. Some Harriers, Helicopters, and Soldiers lost their lived in a NATO base in Afghanistan, few days after....

If its the West that did it, then i think ISI took some revenge. Some Harriers, Helicopters, and Soldiers lost their lived in a NATO base in Afghanistan, few days after....

Plausible....................

.....and the western media hushed the incident away...............

What a shame, we can't protect our assets. Definitely some outside intervention. I mean, why would they target the electronic surveillance aircraft of the Pakistan Armed forces?

they are being used extensively in FATA to monitor militant movements.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom