What's new

The Attack on Pakistan's Erieye

LIE. Rumor reported in a mainstream local newspaper Same Reporter told the two different things. For his first rumor, Denial came first day. For his second none. And just for your convenience, his first rumour was not either reported by other newspapers yet denial came first time why? because news paper itself is one of the main streamers.

And yeah btw it took 5-8 months to dispatch navy commander home because inquiry commission's took a long time to compile their findings. So how do you expect a base commander to be dispatched home so early?

and FYI. Sophisticated militaries around the world even cares about the rumors spread on forums or any section of internet. See an example of how American Navy denied the internet rumors of some issue.NOBODY in mainstream media - local or international reported that rumour yet they feel obligated to deny this thing.! Only in Pakistan, Military establishment cares about their egos! no wonder your mentality reflects their though process

'Mainstream local' - what does that mean? And what rumour got denied -- please post link to denial.

Ok let us establish who is the real LIAR and who's mentality and thought process should be questioned.

So you say that the Mehran Base Commander was not removed for 5-8 months eh?? A simple google search will show you that he was suspended and replaced within days of the attack. Who is telling LIES now?? So now we've sorted that out - Why has Kamra base commander not had the same treatment? if indeed your views of extensive damage to Saab fleet are correct?

In Pakistan only a tiny minority use the internet to get their news while almost the entire population uses it in the US - so you should expect a different response to 'internet rumours' -- Regardless of this fact - you say that the rumours of U.S. Commander being removed were not reported in the mainstream press and yet U.S. released a denial eh?? Again just try a simple google search and see how many NEWS WEBSITES not forums were reporting that the Commander was removed due to the Libya incident. Got many links of any news websites saying that the Saab fleet was wiped out during the Kamra attack??

Guys, can anyone from the think tank or Moderators/Admins lay rest to this SAAB ERIEYE thing? How many were damaged? and how many total loss?

Please?

Guys, can anyone from the think tank or Moderators/Admins lay rest to this SAAB ERIEYE thing? How many were damaged? and how many total loss?

Please?

1 has been damaged considerably, Saab team was / is in Kamra and looking what to do with it. May be the radars system is taken off and installed on another platform, platform may have damaged considerably, but equipment seems to be usable, platform might need extensive repair but it depends on the decision and am not sure as of now what final decision has been taken, when will come to know would do share.

And do thank Allah as from what i have known, the militants had planted a bomb on the shelter where the aircraft were parked, but it failed to explode. Otherwise consequences would have been devastating.

And also there is a strong feeling that the attack may have a foreign hand in it, as the Erieyes have been and are being extensively used to monitor the border and inside the country on our north-western border.

The militants knew exactly the location of the aircraft and they specifically came to target them.

And one of the RPG fired on the shelter went through it without exploding, which again would have resulted devastation.

The militants were very highly trained and knew where they were and what they had come for.

Its a 'conspiracy theory' . But there has been a pattern.
PC3 Orion and erieye,both long range surveilance and both 'western'.
Nothing happened to the chinese AWACS.

The militants knew exactly when 'more than one' of both orion and erieye were at the same airbase...

My conspiracy theory is that the aircrafts were 'bugged' and were transmitting position data to some powers outside Pakistan,and tgats how they immediately knew when was the right time to attack.

Chinese AWACS arent 'bugged' so they cant be tracked by the enemies,and are safe.

Sorry mate, I think my frustration is that I don't know what has been said officially about this issue. This forum is especially knowledgeable of Pak defence matters and this is my main source of information. I am sure many of the people here are ex or serving service personnel and therefore they have the sources and contacts to get the real story.

However it is also true that the PAF will be aware that there rumours regarding the state of these shockingly expensive birds and hence in some guise or another the PAF can release the necessary information about the state of the assets. In my experience a long silence and news blackouts usually indicate the truth of the rumours. However, I am hoping and praying that the assets are safe and doing their duty in our skies.

there is no news blackout - it is difficult in todays electronic age. the MoD stated 1 a/c is damaged. now it is up to the reader to believe or not. its obvious the 'detractors' amongst us will continue to create 'suspense' for no reason at all. i know after talking to the OC of No.4 AWACS squadron (ZDK's) what the actual position is - and its NOT what these detractors think!. the PAF would certainly want its adversaries to 'think' that all a/c are destroyed or damaged so that a state of 'ambiguity' exists - do they have them or not!

I dont know when we will come out from these dellusions. Its an open secret, I cant disclose my source but my source never gave me any wrong info Unfortunately as per my source one of the saab's were totally destroyed two parked inside the hangers were partially damaged.

Yes the erieye team was there recently and on principal they agreed to convert the training aircraft into full fledged AWACS and also also the repairs are being done to the damaged aircraft.

All this herosim by the base commander is just a smoke screen. He had to come out from his comfort(nest) when he actually realised that what is actually on stake and infact by the ti,e he realized that it was too late. Now its upto you guys wether you believe this or not. My two pennies.

I dont know when we will come out from these dellusions. Its an open secret, I cant disclose my source but my source never gave me any wrong info Unfortunately as per my source one of the saab's were totally destroyed two parked inside the hangers were partially damaged.

Yes the erieye team was there recently and on principal they agreed to convert the training aircraft into full fledged AWACS and also also the repairs are being done to the damaged aircraft.

All this herosim by the base commander is just a smoke screen. He had to come out from his comfort(nest) when he actually realised that what is actually on stake and infact by the ti,e he realized that it was too late. Now its upto you guys wether you believe this or not. My two pennies.
Munh per thappar maarna thaa .. Jiss nay bataya tumhain uss ko..
Because they deserve it for being so complacent :P

some mention at 4:27

[

Last edited by a moderator:
Aik tau yeh "insdiers" bade koi kamal log han. I remember on this same forum ... these insiders were the ones who told us that SD-10 integrated and fully operational with JF-17 and now we are listening very different stories. As far as Pakdef.info is concerned, over the years, their credibility has been diminished on these issues considerably.

Thank you.

because somebody finally has said the right thing.

I second you .

Thank you.

because somebody finally has said the right thing.

I couldn't reply what you wrote me back in mail. You told that three a/c were :hang2:, buts the inside reality is what Skywalker described above. I am glad to hear that they will convert the transport aircraft into AWACs for the lost A/C, it will surly be a kick on some comfortable a**es.

I couldn't reply what you wrote me back in mail. You told that three a/c were :hang2:, buts the inside reality is what Skywalker described above. I am glad to hear that they will convert the transport aircraft into AWACs for the lost A/C, it will surly be a kick on some comfortable a**es.

Yeah, i was doubtful about the 3 thing as well, everybody confirmed that it is atleast one.

And so the final decision has been done then, a few weeks back, it was not confirmed if J019 would be converted, but looks like it will be. Sensible move.

Back
Top Bottom