What's new

The Attack on Pakistan's Erieye

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it has always been said that the attack left one plane out of service and it's damage was being assessed to see if it can be made airworthy again. What's new in this report?

As per statement given by authorities of ministry of defense in Senate, PAF lost one Saab Erieye in the terrorist attack on Kamra Air base.

Total 5 Saab 2000 were in service with PAF, 4 of them were fitted with Erieye.

PAF lost one of its Saab AEW&C in a terrorist attack on Kamra last year - right now PAF has 4 Saab 2000, 3 of them have Erieye mounted on them. One without Erieye is used for VIP transport and training.

so again this proves one thing that the so called Elite TT members here who always claim to have "inside" secrect information, don't deserve these elite tags. they are just attention seekers plain and simple. and i have seen number of times their "personal secrect sources" claiming things that are no where near reality on ground. not all but atleast two TTs here have a history of telling lies on this forum just to get some thanks.

I think a lot of people are getting carried away on this. A day or two after the attack we knew one of the Saab was damaged, the nose frame. PAF did what any organization would have done. Get damage assessment from the makers and determine if it can be fixed.

In the meantime, what did you want them to say? That its completely destroyed? No one would ever do that, until hearing the final word that demage is beyond repair, no one would say an asset is completely destroyed. What if the Swiss guys said, it's repairable? Then it wouldn't be completly destroyed then would it. TT members here also maintained the same narrative that plan is damaged and repair is being sought.

I don't think it's wise to go after people like that on damage control. I will agree, though, that preemptive measures were piss-poor. Such expensive assets weren't even in a hanger but in a simple tin shed. Might as well park them outside Kamra on a public road.

Cant PAF show all 4 of them in queue and silent the debate?
No need for this aircrafts cat walk dude, PAF lost its 25 billion rs. AWACS.
Shame to PAF and shame to all our security forces. 25 billion rs. lost and not a single person responsible has been brought to justice.

First PN lost 5 billion rs. P3 orions and then this 25 billion rs. AWACS. I still remember, there was great hue and cry in Pakistan in 2005 when these aircrafts were ordered by PAF in the aftermath of 2005 earth quack.

it would have been much better if we had invested this 25 billion rs in the rehablitation of earth quake effectuates.

If this keeps happening ? People will think there security force are not capable of defending National interests and assets
What do you mean people will think.. Are you still not done.
Its a known fact, 16 attack in 4 years on hard core military installations, simply shameless.
Even Afghan forces have proved them selves much better in protecting their military installations.

looks like they cant..
yes they simply cant.

Shame to PAF and shame to all our security forces. 25 billion rs. lost and not a single person responsible has been brought to justice.

First PN lost 5 billion rs. P3 orions and then this 25 billion rs. AWACS. I still remember, there was great hue and cry in Pakistan in 2005 when these aircrafts were ordered by PAF in the aftermath of 2005 earth quack.

it would have been much better if we had invested this 25 billion rs in the rehablitation of earth quake effectuates.

Yes... I remember it... A lot was being said in hushed toned abut Musharraf and his trip to Sweden...

Yes... I remember it... A lot was being said in hushed toned abut Musharraf and his trip to Sweden...

What do you mean people will think.. Are you still not done.
Its a known fact, 16 attack in 4 years on hard core military installations, simply shameless.
Even Afghan forces have proved them selves much better in protecting their military installations.

yes they simply cant.

I agree but u should realise that unlike other forces we have bases in densely populated area. Security cant keep eyes on everyone When suddenly someone fires RPG's its devastating u cant defend with AK or G3 u must realise that Armed forces are made to fight the declared war or defend in Surprise attacks but in the World history Surprise attacks have always been devastating. This is not fault of our armed forces. No i dont think so, Because in FATA what PAK forces have shown results have not been shown by Nato for a long time.

My point was people will think. So army needs to find a better strategy and make bases away from city which will assure that if suppose base is in desert and some unidentified car comes from far away it can be hunt very before.
The Terrorists are using mostly Suzuki Bolans which manly now is used as transport service u cant keep checking everyone...

So the best solution is transfer all bases somewhere out of city and as far as i know pakistan has atleast 6 extra bases in country side or in deserts or no population areas which can cover a lot ....

even if one was damaged (to the point of being repairable; or otherwise only "salvagable" for parts) -- the remaining units are still more than enough to cover for PAF and keep an eye on what the enemy is doing on the east

Chinese units were also inducted as well with more slated to be delivered

It will be off topic,but since you brought it up..
The effecties refused to move to a different location ,as government offered them a new settlement away from Earthquake prone areas...
The removal of Debris and then reconstruction of the Balakot as it was before Earthquake would have taken longer and costlier...
But the government did come up with a solution,and the people
refused..

Abhi Bhugtoo..

So why don't they?

Simply because PAF does not have 4 intact air-frames to show; going by the information that has crept out into the public domain.
The fact of the matter is that PAF erred in trying to keep a tight lid on the actual nature of the damage that occurred at Kamra on that fateful night. Somehow that has been a recurrent story in the Pakistan Narrative; whether the "Op Gibraltar" fiasco, the events of 1971 and the Hamoodur Committee report, Kargil's "Op Badr" mess. Compared to all of that; Kamra is small fry, the Pakistani public would have accepted it and in turn whole-heartedly supported corrective action.
Instead the public at large was stone-walled for so long. If the reason was to ensure that the adversary across the border would be kept in the dark; then even that did not happen. Because information has percolated out of Sweden.

Back
Top Bottom