What's new

The arrests are being made for our own investigations,handover out of the question:FM

^Well I thought the whole thing was a disaster.

Really!:confused:

After your earlier comment I was on the lookout for him to go down in flames, but he surprised me with clear, concise and factual answers on every issue - except for 911.

Where do you think he goofed up?

There's always hope....

The hope is that the US will keep the pressure on them, and its up to India to convince them that these guys are a threat to the US of A and the western world in general.

If India can manage to link its own terrorism problems with the global WOT, there's a good chance that our people will get justice. The Mumbai attack made our job easier, since Jews and Americans were targeted.

Earlier the US was not even willing to label these guys as terrorists. Today, that has changed.

Lets wait and watch.

Most perfect description of the real mentality behind Mumbai drama. Am... Where were you at the time of the attacks?

Why not just hand the men over! Afterall our national pride and constitution already went down the drain in the past 8 years. The journey (down the drain) is continuing. We have arrested them, we are offereing them for interrogation. Whats left? Hand'em over, we might get some dooollllars! :bounce:

Where do you think he goofed up?

He also goofed up when he was asked about who could be behind Mumbai attacks. He was trying to link it to 'Hindu terrorism' when evidence available was pointing towards Pakistan-based Jihadi elements. He should have kept mum, IMO.

dawood , azhar mahmood is all we are asking for, after all they are indians.. we will give them a fair trial.

He also goofed up when he was asked about who could be behind Mumbai attacks. He was trying to link it to 'Hindu terrorism' when evidence available was pointing towards Pakistan-based Jihadi elements. He should have kept mum, IMO.

He did ok with that question until the last sentence, perhaps he meant to say that it could be an inside job, since he mentioned 'looking at the full spectrum of possibilities' before that:

GUL: Indeed. I think that this was a very sophisticated operation. There is no doubt about it. It has rocked the - and I have all my sympathies for India - they rock this huge country for 72 hours. And they really don't know how to react and respond to this.

But when you look at the full spectrum of possibilities, who could have done it, then one knows that Samjhauta Express was a similar case, in which Pakistan ISI was accused. But it turned out that it was the militant Hindus themselves who had killed 68 passengers in that train, and that it was an inside job.

Now Colonel Srikant Purohit, who is a serving army officer, he has been caught in this particular case. And the whole thing has turned around.

So, obviously, there is an inside job.

dawood , azhar mahmood is all we are asking for, after all they are indians.. we will give them a fair trial.

The Pakistani government has repeatedly stated that Dawood isn't in Pakistan, while Masood Azhar is a Pakistani citizen, IIRC.

But I do believe that whoever was responsible for the Mumbai attacks should be given a fair and open trial in Pakistan, prosecuted jointly if the Indians accept, and given the harshest punishment if found guilty.

Both sides have pressure on them, I think this would be a workable compromise, and it would carry significance as a symbol of Indo-Pak cooperation.

Quite lenient on Gul, eh Agno? "Until the last sentence", "until the 9/11 inside job statements...".

Quite lenient on Gul, eh Agno? "Until the last sentence", "until the 9/11 inside job statements...".

I don't care for his views on the Taliban in Pakistan or 911, but I have to commend him on doing a decent job of defending the Pakistani State and ISI from the accusations that were made.

I don't care for his views on the Taliban in Pakistan or 911, but I have to commend him on doing a decent job of defending the Pakistani State and ISI from the accusations that were made.

Dude, his audience cares!

I doubt anyone in the US (apart from the fringe conspiracy-groups) continued to take him seriously after he claimed that both the Mumbai attacks and 9/11 were "Inside Jobs".

Not only that, he also openly supported the Taliban during the interview.

Indians support Tamil terrorism and terrorize Kashmir... So?

Though your question is off-topic, I will try to answer

Tamil Terrorism - If you go by recent developments, India took completely neutral stand, supplying arms and radars to SLA and arresting of logistic supporters of LTTE within India. After Rajiv Gandhi's assassination, this has been the position of GoI.

Kashmir - People are terrorized by Terrorists not Army. If you go by recent kashmir polls which have recorded 60% polling percentage indicates the enthusiasm with which Kashmiri voters are participating in elections (do you think Army has arm twisted them?). Terrorists indeed terrorized a lot of people and perpetrated ethnic cleansing of Kashmiri Pandits. Army did what it did to cleanup the terrorism menace from Kashmir just the way PA is doing in Pakistan.

we lost our soldiers fighting them, including our prime minister, by the way indian airforce personnel are assisting sri lankan army.. just some silly tamil nadu politics support them for their own ulterior motives.. our soilders have done more for lanka than pakistan has. check the facts, terrorise kashmir see the polling census this election the kashmiri mandate has spoken..inspite of hurriyat call for boycott. things are changing..

we lost our soldiers fighting them, including our prime minister, by the way indian airforce personnel are assisting sri lankan army.. just some silly tamil nadu politics support them for their own ulterior motives.. our soilders have done more for lanka than pakistan has. check the facts, terrorise kashmir see the polling census this election the kashmiri mandate has spoken..inspite of hurriyat call for boycott. things are changing..

Yep, forcing them not to buy anthing else then Indian weapons or radars that somehow do not work very well. ou really help a lot.

About Kashmir. Return occupational forces and allow UN to monitor free and fair elections... Not a charade that is comparable with the Bush elections with his Florida brother...

Yep, forcing them not to buy anthing else then Indian weapons or radars that somehow do not work very well. ou really help a lot.
You seem to be unaware of latest developments. LTTE is on the verge of getting defeated comprehensively.

About Kashmir. Return occupational forces and allow UN to monitor free and fair elections... Not a charade that is comparable with the Bush elections with his Florida brother...

Unlike your previous rigged Pakistani polls, elections in Kashmir are free and fair. Testament to that is last two governments in J&K are pro-kashmir independence (NC and PDP) parties.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom