Morocco:

le ziz par ezzahid hamid, sur Flickr

23276259.jpg

4667377223_7e965f8196_b.jpg

4740741118_88a0ec3fbf_b.jpg

4563396277_9004913444_o.jpg

Cataratas de Ouzoud par juanmerkader, sur Flickr

Great initiative @al-Hasani.

You are very welcome. I hope that you liked it. Despite being home to some of the oldest civilizations on earth (if not the oldest) and being very diverse and obviously big the Arab world can often appear as a mysterious and misunderstood part of the world. Threads like these should change such misperceptions and they for once also have nothing to do with either politics or religion. At least should not. On PDF I have witnessed many ignorants when it comes to the Arab world. Unfortunately the region is also badly hit by wars and instability as of now and for some time now. Parts of it. Of course not all Arab countries.

Morocco:

12993641054_61cf2ec98d_b.jpg

Koutoubia Mosque contrast par James Morley Photography, sur Flickr

Lebanon:

K A M O U A A
by Khaled Merheb, on Flickr

Oman:

Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, Musqat, Oman by Frans.Sellies, on Flickr

Jabrin fort, Oman by Frans.Sellies, on Flickr

Jebel Samhan, Oman by Frans.Sellies, on Flickr

Sur, Oman by Frans.Sellies, on Flickr

Yemen:

4960143398_97223f7ec2_b.jpg

the beautiful beach in Socotra Island, Yemen by pam pampam, on Flickr

traditional village to Wadi Dawan-Hadhramaut-yemen-حضرموت by anthony pappone photography, on Flickr

Yemen, Wadi Hadhramaut by richard.mcmanus., on Flickr

village of mud-brick houses in wadi doan-Hadramawt, Yemen by anthony pappone photography, on Flickr

canyons with palm trees and mud-brick houses in the wadi Doan, tribal region of Hadramawt, Yemen by anthony pappone photography, on Flickr

Hadhramawt has a several million big diaspora within the Arab world (ancient one as well as newer one) all the way to the Swahili Coast and South East Asia (Indonesia and Malaysia) where many of the million people of Arab ancestry have ancestral ties to Hadhramawt. It's overall a very successful diaspora and one of the most travelled diaspora that you can find.

Brother, this thread might interest you a great deal. I made it after petitions from several users but did not update it for 7 months (from October last year until a few days ago).

@AUz

Last edited:
@al-Hasani post picture of people not just places off all these countries please post as many picture of people as you can

@al-Hasani post picture of people not just places off all these countries please post as many picture of people as you can

Well, that will be included as well. But it's not the main purpose of this thread mind you. Let us take Yemen since I was posting photos from there.

Yemen:

wadi doan by anthony pappone photography, on Flickr

4803246767_b670c077a3_z.jpg

Yemeni Angels by Marwan AlThagafy (مروان الثقفي), on Flickr

Veiled girl eating in Sanaa - Yemen by Eric Lafforgue, on Flickr

Be Respectful, Dress Locally, Yemen by Rod Waddington, on Flickr

Traditional Yemeni Girl by Rod Waddington, on Flickr

I want to look like this everyday. #yemen #yemeni #Saudi #sanaa #iraqi #islam #muslim by fawziyahya, on Flickr

Green Shawl at the Grand Mosque - Sana'a, Yemen by M. Khatib, on Flickr

Old Worshipper at the Grand Mosque - Sana'a, Yemen by M. Khatib, on Flickr

Yemen has a extremely rich heritage when it comes to traditional clothing and folklore in general. It would require too many posts to show the regional differences when it comes to traditional clothing. I once made a thread about traditional clothing in the Arab world which was of significant interest but I have not updated it for 1 year or so by now.

Anyway I will try to include more people in the future.

Well, that will be included as well. But it's not the main purpose of this thread mind you. Let us take Yemen since I was posting photos from there.

Yemen:

wadi doan by anthony pappone photography, on Flickr

4803246767_b670c077a3_z.jpg

Yemeni Angels by Marwan AlThagafy (مروان الثقفي), on Flickr

Veiled girl eating in Sanaa - Yemen by Eric Lafforgue, on Flickr

Be Respectful, Dress Locally, Yemen by Rod Waddington, on Flickr

Traditional Yemeni Girl by Rod Waddington, on Flickr

I want to look like this everyday. #yemen #yemeni #Saudi #sanaa #iraqi #islam #muslim by fawziyahya, on Flickr

Green Shawl at the Grand Mosque - Sana'a, Yemen by M. Khatib, on Flickr

Old Worshipper at the Grand Mosque - Sana'a, Yemen by M. Khatib, on Flickr

Yemen has a extremely rich heritage when it comes to traditional clothing and folklore in general. It would require too many posts to show the regional differences when it comes to traditional clothing. I once made a thread about traditional clothing in the Arab world which was of significant interest but I have not updated it for 1 year or so by now.

Anyway I will try to include more people in the future.
Nice specially people reading Quran Man Yemenis publish really large size Qurans

Nice specially people reading Quran Man Yemenis publish really large size Qurans

Those are ancient copies of the Noble Qur'an as you can see. Normally they are not of that size. They are very impressive though.

One of the oldest Qur'anic manuscripts if not the oldest was discovered in the ancient Grand Mosque of Sana'a in 1972. Tests have dated it back to 671 with a 99% accuracy. Sana'a itself is one of the very oldest cities on the planet.

Sana'a manuscript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Algeria:

1607052_564612740293332_1382280664_n.jpg

10937963345_151a4d2033_b.jpg

5243337205_3ddea237b0_b.jpg

1479227_575507119190233_1442677835_n.jpg

994384_432324256870043_315451438_n.jpg

336343_468383359852954_828152357_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom