What's new

The Arabian Peninsula and Arab world in photos

Tunisia:

Tunisia-3328 - El Djem Amphitheater by archer10 (Dennis), on Flickr

جامع سيدي بو مخلوف, الكاف, تونس Sidi Bou Makhlouf, Le Kef, Tunisia by maykal, on Flickr

Desert knight by 3afsa, on Flickr

TUNESIEN, Sousse - Ribat und Moschee , 72038/2979 by roba66, on Flickr

The Great Mosque, Kairouan by Andy Watson1, on Flickr
9544323035_6030f7d023_b.jpg

Comoros:

Comoros is the Southernmost Arab country and the country is located on the Southern Hemisphere off the coast of Tanzania and Mozambique (Swahili coast). The people are of a mostly mixed Arab-African ancestry and they have a unique Arab dialect.

Comoros Beach: hotel dream 50.274.00 by Juergen Kurlvink, on Flickr

3772001263_0e293ab3b5_b.jpg

La playa! Comoros, Indian Ocean by laparisienneavelo, on Flickr

Comoros - Beach near Mitsamiouli, Ngazidja by nyon45, on Flickr

Comoros Moroni: mosque ruin 49.160.01 by Juergen Kurlvink, on Flickr

Highway Around Grande Comore by D-Stanley, on Flickr

Last edited:
Comoros:

The traditional architectural style of the Comoros (also that of the entire Swahili coast) seen in old buildings and mosques is similar to that of the Southern Arabian Peninsula, especially Oman and parts of Yemen due to historical reasons and those areas of Africa being ruled by Arabs from that part of the Arab world.

Anyway it's a very poor country nearly totally dependent on tourism - which is not very big compared to nearby Mauritius, Seychelles etc. Personally I would like to see bigger Arab investments in Comoros so we can help them.

Lac Sale by D-Stanley, on Flickr

Salmata Hamissi Mosque by D-Stanley, on Flickr

Ancienne Mosquee du Vendredi by D-Stanley, on Flickr

Moya Beach by D-Stanley, on Flickr

Citadel of Mutsamudu by D-Stanley, on Flickr

7138667947_7ffd8b427a_b.jpg

A little video:

A interview with the previous president of Comoros - Ahmad Abdullah Muhammad Sambi. Of paternal Yemeni origins and a Sayyid.

Ahmed Abdallah Mohamed Sambi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@The SC

Wait a second? So are you from KSA or just an Arab that can trace his ancestry to Hijaz? Which Arab country are you from if I may ask? Just curious since I am a bit confused here.

Jordan:

Dana Village, Jordan by Gogoye, on Flickr

Petra by sharnik, on Flickr

1677573477_e0139dcd1c_b.jpg

Beautiful flag!

4713755985_a0768c52b6_b.jpg

park2 by naderdaoud, on Flickr

King Hussein Mosque:
9566659719_222ebc91b1_b.jpg

I don't think that PDF can handle all of that beauty and civilization in one thread!:lol:

@BLACKEAGLE

Jordan will always be special to the hearts of nearby Hijaz and Hijazis and especially me personally!

5deb2a5555555.jpg

Back
Top Bottom