What's new

The Arabian Peninsula and Arab world in photos

Jordan:

Dana Village, Jordan by Gogoye, on Flickr

Petra, Jordan by Gogoye, on Flickr

Jordan-18C-133 - Royal Tombs by archer10 (Dennis), on Flickr

Jordan-18B-038 - Attuf Ridge (view large) by archer10 (Dennis), on Flickr

Jordan-18C-095 - Temple of Dushares (view large) by archer10 (Dennis), on Flickr

4713755985_a0768c52b6_b.jpg

Wonderful ! Amen! Love the picture with the Orthodox Christians during Palm Sunday!

Dear, don't forget that the Arabs were the first Christians on earth after the small number of Jews that followed Christianity which back then was known as a sect among the Judaic Jews. There are millions of Christian Arabs and churches in our region are the oldest in the world. We are not all Muslims. Not all people know all that.;)

Judaism, Christianity and Islam are also Abrahamic religions that appeared among us Semitic people in our lands. This is why there are those many connections.

Jordan:

Dana Village, Jordan by Gogoye, on Flickr

Petra, Jordan by Gogoye, on Flickr

Jordan-18C-133 - Royal Tombs by archer10 (Dennis), on Flickr

Jordan-18B-038 - Attuf Ridge (view large) by archer10 (Dennis), on Flickr

Jordan-18C-095 - Temple of Dushares (view large) by archer10 (Dennis), on Flickr

4713755985_a0768c52b6_b.jpg

Dear, don't forget that the Arabs were the first Christians on earth after the small number of Jews that followed Christianity which back then was known as a sect among the Judaic Jews. There are millions of Christian Arabs and churches in our region are the oldest in the world. We are not all Muslims. Not all people know all that.;)

Judaism, Christianity and Islam are also Abrahamic religions that appeared among us Semitic people in our lands. This is why there are those many connections.

It's so amazing to see these pictures my brother ! They are just so beautiful! Someday I'll have to tour ME...inshallah / God willing !

It's so amazing to see these pictures my brother ! They are just so beautiful! Someday I'll have to tour ME...inshallah / God willing !

;)

If you are planning to visit the Arab world then don't visit Iraq, Syria or Libya. Rest is pretty much safe and visited by millions upon millions of tourists from all over the world already. The region is just and have been in a particular big turmoil in those past 3 years due to the "Arab Spring". Anyway let's not turn this thread into politics and let the photos speak for themselves.:D

Palestine:

7027548593_f3bd4a3b11_b.jpg

Jerusalem by Alvaro F., on Flickr

Oman:

Oman - Road through Green Paradise of Salalah Mountains by © Lucie Debelkova / www.luciedebelkova.com, on Flickr

Yemen:

Unfolding pure beautiness by Ammar Khalaf, on Flickr

Egypt:

Moez Street - Old Cairo by Angel Aj Adam Photography, on Flickr

Lebanon:

Beauty in every angle by Ram-E, on Flickr

Libya:

Libya by richard.mcmanus., on Flickr

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
very stunning pictures there @al-Hasani brother. By the way, can you update us on the progress of construction jobs in mecca especially around the al-haram ash-sharif? I raise this question because this year the hajj portion for Indonesian (and probably same to other moslem countries) is decreased from the last year which was also decreased from the previous years. and I think the primary cause of the decrease is the construction projects. Appreciate if you can post some pictures as well. Jazakalloh.

Morocco:

University of al-Qarawiyyin founded in the year 859. I covered it earlier.

"It is the oldest existing and continually operating educational institution in the world according to UNESCO and Guinness World Records[5] and is sometimes referred to as the oldest university, although some scholars dispute whether the term can be properly applied historically to institutions outside the European model.[6]"

University of al-Qarawiyyin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Established by the Arab Muslim woman Fatima al-Fihri.

Fatima al-Fihri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

zUYW2xG.jpg

49125319.jpg

27020839.jpg

53164883.jpg

Back
Top Bottom