What's new

The Arabian Peninsula and Arab world in photos

Morocco:

29151806.jpg

33160227.jpg

IMG_8684_5_6_tonemapped
par chrisdin1700, sur Flickr

Place Bab Sidi Abdelwahab, con la nueva mezquita (Oujda, Morocco)
par dleiva, sur Flickr

Sans titre de
par anass bachar, sur Flickr

hgS3lOD.jpg

All sizes | Kasbah Bab Ourika | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Sudan:
Photos of members of the ancient Rashaida tribe originally from Hijaz who crossed the beautiful Red Sea and settled in Sudan, Eritrea, Djibouti etc. I don't know if they have mixed with others now but probably some have. Nevertheless most could fit into Hijaz without a problem.

Eritrea Rashaida woman in Danakil desert near Massawa by Eric Lafforgue, on Flickr

Rashaida Tribe Kids In A Coranic School, Kassala, Sudan by Eric Lafforgue, on Flickr

Rashaida Tribe Girl, Kassala, Sudan by Eric Lafforgue, on Flickr

Rashaida woman, Danakil coast, Eritrea by Eric Lafforgue, on Flickr

Rashaida Tribe Kids In A Coranic School, Kassala, Sudan by Eric Lafforgue, on Flickr

Rashaida Tribe Father And Daughter, Massawa, Eritrea by Eric Lafforgue, on Flickr

-Big eyes- by Vít Hassan, on Flickr

Interesting bunch.

This thread might interest you @ebray

Lebanon:

Mount Lebanon
by rabiem22, on Flickr

Hasroun Lebanon
by Jim Hanna, on Flickr

The monastery of St Antonios the Great, Khozhaya
by Jim Hanna, on Flickr

Green Against White
by rabiem22, on Flickr

Panoramic Byblos
by zerega, on Flickr

Byblos - thought of as the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world. In general the area of what is now Lebanon is one of the oldest Semitic regions in the world. Phoenicians (one of the many great ancient Semitic cultures) arose in what is now Lebanon.

Skiing Lebanon
by Islam IS your fate, on Flickr

GORGEOUS!!!

Inshallah when I have the time and resources I definitely plan to visit Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Morocco and Tunisia. Turkey will probably be the first one on the list, very easy to visit Turkey from UK.

And it snows in Morocco. LOL

Inshallah when I have the time and resources I definitely plan to visit Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Morocco and Tunisia. Turkey will probably be the first one on the list, very easy to visit Turkey from UK.

And it snows in Morocco. LOL

Dear it snows everywhere in the Arab world outside of Mauritania, Northern Sudan, Qatar and Bahrain. Snow has even been recorded in recent years in the mountains of Oman and UAE. In the remaining Arab countries outside of a few exceptions where it does not happen on a yearly basis (especially in the mountain regions when it occurs mostly) snow is not uncommon during winter as my photos of snowy mountains in various Arab countries clearly shows or even skiing places.:)

Palestine:

DG08_HEBRON_032 by David_Gannon, on Flickr

Untitled
by discussionbook.com, on Flickr

Jericho

e45u.png
Location : Jericho Governorate , West Banks , PS ( مدينة اريحا) - Population (2006) : 20,300 - Founded : 9600 BC
Jericho, the first of which dates back 11,000 years (9000 BC), almost to the very beginning of the Holocene epoch of the Earth's history.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

9474083234_ea75eae772_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom