What's new

The Arab Small Arms Industry

Any news on a domestic arab designed and produced assault rifle? Not license produced
I hope it will be a bullpup design with a new powerful cartridge like 6.8spc or 6.5 grendel
Welcome brother!

I think Caracal Sniper Rifle (CSR) and Caracal pistol are endogenously designed and manufactured in UAE. Jordanian pistol was designed and developed in corporation with an American firm. The thing that matters here is that those small arms are domestically manufactured and even developed further, which means that their tech was acquired.

Welcome brother!

I think Caracal Sniper Rifle (CSR) and Caracal pistol are endogenously designed and manufactured in UAE. Jordanian pistol was designed and developed in corporation with an American firm. The thing that matters here is that those small arms are domestically manufactured and even developed further, which means that their tech was acquired.

Caracal pistol if I remember correctly is a german design, but that doesn't matter as long as it is an arab owned design, hopefully and after getting the knowledge and experience we will move to 100% domestic designs. Arab weapons were once feared and respected by our opponents, we need to get this respect back.

Is the jordanian army issuing the T91 rifle en masse? And what is their oppinion so far?

Caracal pistol if I remember correctly is a german design, but that doesn't matter as long as it is an arab owned design, hopefully and after getting the knowledge and experience we will move to 100% domestic designs. Arab weapons were once feared and respected by our opponents, we need to get this respect back.

Finally, Arab country have realized the strategic significance of making their arms by themselves. Few have started working on that. I believe KSA, Egypt, UAE, and Jordan will have a promising future regarding home made arms. I would like you to have a look in this thread:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-photos-multimedia/164712-made-jordan.html

What I meant is the taiwanese T91 assault rifle the standard issue rifle today of the jordanian army?

Yes, it is used along with other assault rifles. Actually, I don't know exactly which force does use it as a standard rifle.

Which beings me to a question that have always plagued my mind Black Eagle.

WHAT exactly is the Jordanian army Standard Issue Rifle?? I have seen all kinds of weaponry in pictures but never read anyone saying which one is the Standard Issue.

Which beings me to a question that have always plagued my mind Black Eagle.

WHAT exactly is the Jordanian army Standard Issue Rifle?? I have seen all kinds of weaponry in pictures but never read anyone saying which one is the Standard Issue.

Every land force branch use it's own standard rifle including the police and special forces. However. I know that M-16 is the most adopted rifle in Jordanian army excluding police, Darak and Special forces.

Do the manufacturers also produce a .45 version of the pistol instead of the standard 9mm?

4966569_std.jpg

OMFG Browning phucking BAR :) is it produced for civilian market?

Not quite
Browning_BAR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom