The announcement of the specifications of the Kuwaiti Super Hornet

The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
312560_comp_sh_blockiii_iamges_page_03_web.ashx

F/A-18 Block III

The Navy has ordered 110 block III Super Hornets, which will begin production in 2020. In the meantime, it will fill an order from the Kuwaiti air force for 28 aircraft.

“Those [Kuwaiti] airplanes will be the most modern Super Hornets we have ever delivered,” Gillian said. He could not comment on the capabilities the Kuwaitis are asking for, but said they will include some of the block III’s new features. Those are: multi-channel advanced electronically scanned array (AESA) radar; advanced communications/open computing capacity; multi-ship multispectral data fusion; a lower observable signature; a next-generation electronic warfare system; and an airframe designed to last 9,000 hours rather than the standard 6,000 hours.

http://www.nationaldefensemagazine....offer-super-hornet-to-international-customers

Love the Super Hornet and now this block 2 looks amazing and how Kuwait seems to be very happy with this fighter jet since they're ordering more of them to add to their existing fleet.

I've seen this aircraft up close several times, even stuck my head into one of the intakes to see how the duct "Esses" and it's impressive. Next weekend will also get to see it again when we go see the Blue Angles perform. They'll have the Super Hornet on static display and they allow you to go right up to it and smack it on it's rear end. :-)
The F-35 is supposed to be there also but I think it's going to perform a heritage flight only. So it'll come from somewhere out of state, do a heritage flight and take off. The F-22 did the same thing the first year we got to see it. It came from Langley and did a short demo, heritage flight and took off back to VA. The next year they brought 2 of them and they did a complete demo but they parked them away from the public. No static display for those birds to get up close.

Love the Super Hornet and now this block 2 looks amazing and how Kuwait seems to be very happy with this fighter jet since they're ordering more of them to add to their existing fleet.

I've seen this aircraft up close several times, even stuck my head into one of the intakes to see how the duct "Esses" and it's impressive. Next weekend will also get to see it again when we go see the Blue Angles perform. They'll have the Super Hornet on static display and they allow you to go right up to it and smack it on it's rear end. :-)
The F-35 is supposed to be there also but I think it's going to perform a heritage flight only. So it'll come from somewhere out of state, do a heritage flight and take off. The F-22 did the same thing the first year we got to see it. It came from Langley and did a short demo, heritage flight and took off back to VA. The next year they brought 2 of them and they did a complete demo but they parked them away from the public. No static display for those birds to get up close.

Would you by any chance also happen to know about Thunder's performance in Gulf Shield? Or could you inquire about the matter and inform us? I only have my sincere gratitude to offer in return unfortunately but if knew you, I would happily host dinner as well :)

Would you by any chance also happen to know about Thunder's performance in Gulf Shield? Or could you inquire about the matter and inform us? I only have my sincere gratitude to offer in return unfortunately but if knew you, I would happily host dinner as well :)

All I know about the JF-17's performance is just from the occasional Arab social media rumors from people who "claimed" they had insight to the exercise and all kinds of details that weren't verifiable by any stretch of the imagination, to tell you the truth.

You know who would probably know a lot more and be 100% reliable if not @The SC, it would be @Khafee since he actually has inside connections. But the man has not been around this forum for a while, unfortunately. Maybe he'll see this post and come and comment, never know. Sorry I couldn't help you ma bro, I was looking forward to that dinner. :-)

Well, the JF-17 Thunder has participated as a full fledged war plane alongside some of the best Western fighter planes.. if that can give you a hint on its performance.. I will be happy to know..
Then you can invite me to that dinner too.. I would love to taste some delicious Pakistani brothers food..:lol:

However, there are two new features that will not be available before the Kuwaiti aircraft are delivered, namely the Conformal Fuel Tanks and the Advanced Cockpit Display.

"One of the major strengths of Block 3 Super Hornet is that it will operate at different levels of war, including dropping munitions or the highest level of air combat."

However, there are two new features that will not be available before the Kuwaiti aircraft are delivered, namely the Conformal Fuel Tanks and the Advanced Cockpit Display.

Really? That's too bad. I thought for sure the CFTs were part of this package and even the enclosed weapons pod was as well.

Really? That's too bad. I thought for sure the CFTs were part of this package and even the enclosed weapons pod was as well.
Kuwait will certainly get them when they are ready.. the same for the first batches of the US..
I think the weapon pods are ready..otherwise they would have been mentioned.. only not the CFT and the new Advanced Cockpit Display..

Well, the JF-17 Thunder has participated as a full fledged war plane alongside some of the best Western fighter planes.. if that can give you a hint on its performance.. I will be happy to know..
Then you can invite me to that dinner too.. I would love to taste some delicious Pakistani brothers food..:lol:
How did i missed your post about JF17. Can you please share it with me so that i know what our little JF17 did. JF17 will be beast in blk3

Kuwaiti Airforce are getting some teally good features on its Super Hornet F/A 18s like multi-channel advanced electronically scanned array (AESA) radar; advanced communications/open computing capacity; multi-ship multispectral data fusion; a lower observable signature; a next-generation electronic warfare system; and an airframe designed to last 9,000 hours rather than the standard 6,000 hours.

Speaking of Kuwaiti F/A-18, JF-17 and Gulf Shield, another one of those classic pics of that famous formation.

Over the Golden Waters of the Arabian Gulf.

Dbixia7WsAIus6k.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom